Gun Control

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just like the Founding Fathers intended. If Bill Clinton and the other Demon-crats didn't hate American Freedom so much, they'd get this. 

But they naively think that the 2nd Amendment was an attempt by the Founding Fathers to have a permanent militia in lieu of a professional Army. Stupid Libs. Long live completely and totally tolerable mass shootings of innocents being slaughtered by weapons the designers of the 2nd Amendment could never imagine, and long live America (until Biden destroys it).

• TBH 2
On 1/22/2023 at 4:47 PM, BigRedBuster said:

That's a nice statistic, though I don't think the two are related. Given the definition of "mass shooting" I would guess that the majority of them were committed with a weapon that didn't fall under the ban. Most likely a pistol.

The real issues of gun violence has always been the ease of access to guns. If you look up the number of guns manufactured in the US it's been on an upward trend since 2008. Before that it was averaging 3 to 4 million per year. It's climb to 13 million per year last year and 11 million in 2021. I think that has had more impact than the lapse of the ban.

Having said that, I still think there is no reason someone should own an assault style weapon going forward. And just incase somebody wants to debate semantics my definition is a firearms with some combination of the following; a pistol grip, barrel inline with the stock or lack of a stock, collapsible or folding stock, rail system that allows for multiple attachments around the weapon, detachable magazine with more than 10 rounds, and a barrel length under a certain size.

I've also thought that maybe reticle sights with no magnification should be banned, but not sure how prevalent those are in mass shootings with AR type weapons.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

It is amazing to see what a real "fight" in a situation like this looks like compared to movie versions and of course the dude that says "Well, if he had his conceal carry firearm with him, he would have just pulled it out and put one in his chest and one in his head"

When in reality, it is two scared a$$ guys, with no idea what they are doing, just trying to survive something that neither of them have ever confronted before while adrenaline is racing through their body.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is amazing to see what a real "fight" in a situation like this looks like compared to movie versions and of course the dude that says "Well, if he had his conceal carry firearm with him, he would have just pulled it out and put one in his chest and one in his head"

When in reality, it is two scared a$$ guys, with no idea what they are doing, just trying to survive something that neither of them have ever confronted before while adrenaline is racing through their body.

Yeah….the last little slap by the shooter was something straight out of Hollywood. 

But…..we should all be packing heat because we all would know exactly what to do in that situation.