Gun Control

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What would your three or four main points be in having a revised second amendment? 

first and foremost....not every idiot out there should have access to guns.   universal background checks are a must.  and i would not be opposed to needing a license to have a gun like we need a license to drive.  test your gun safety knowledge every 4 years and go through another background check then.  i also think waiting periods to buy weapons is probably a good idea...might stop some spur of the moment type B.S.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, commando said:

first and foremost....not every idiot out there should have access to guns.   universal background checks are a must.  and i would not be opposed to needing a license to have a gun like we need a license to drive.  test your gun safety knowledge every 4 years and go through another background check then.  i also think waiting periods to buy weapons is probably a good idea...might stop some spur of the moment type B.S.    

that all sounds reasonable 

• TBH 2
13 hours ago, commando said:

This is nice in theory but is dumb overall. Not you, you are not dumb, the idea is dumb

No waiting periods

No background checks

None of that.

Read the Amendment as it was written for that time and you can only only 1791 weapons.  That is it.  

By the civil war a well trained soldier could fire 3 "well aimed" shots in 1 minute.  In the late 1700's, maybe 2 and not all that well aimed.  

No one can argue that anyone needs more than that.  

"But but, hunting". Guess what...THEY HUNTED IN 1791 just fine.

"But But, defending my home" Guess what, they defended their homes just fine

Only 1791 guns.  Hell you even had some handguns at that time.  They can buy those too.  

Everything is made just like it was in 1791.   In fact, if you CAN'T load your flintlock musket and fire it once, in under 60 seconds, you can't buy one. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, commando said:

so the school has some work for me.   installing these safety locks  to stop school shooters. 

https://www.schoolsafetysolution.com/classroom-door-lock-teacherlock-ii/

Looks like a low tech, good addition for the safety of the kids, considering the fact that even if significant change to existing gun laws are discussed, nothing would be implemented for some time. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, commando said:

so the school has some work for me.   installing these safety locks  to stop school shooters. 

https://www.schoolsafetysolution.com/classroom-door-lock-teacherlock-ii/

So we have new, very heavy classroom doors.  We keep the outside handle locked, so that we can close them if one of you (not you but gun lovers) gets in...and we have a blackout curtain for the small window in the door to make it harder for you gun lovers.

If you dorks (not you but gun lovers) just accepted the fact that all you need is a musket, I would not have to deal with that crap and I would not have to practice lock down drills.  But hey, you gun lovers need to protection from tanks and jets.  Oh and for hunting, even though they hunted with muskets and knives.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
20 hours ago, teachercd said:

So we have new, very heavy classroom doors.  We keep the outside handle locked, so that we can close them if one of you (not you but gun lovers) gets in...and we have a blackout curtain for the small window in the door to make it harder for you gun lovers.

If you dorks (not you but gun lovers) just accepted the fact that all you need is a musket, I would not have to deal with that crap and I would not have to practice lock down drills.  But hey, you gun lovers need to protection from tanks and jets.  Oh and for hunting, even though they hunted with muskets and knives.  

When we were getting ready for a lockdown drill I was going over the protocol for my room to let them know where we go and how we handle ourselves.

Of course kids have a million “what ifs” and the kids started talking about how my room/shop is a great place to be since we had “weapons” (tools).  I actually had a serious conversation with 13 year old that if you stab a gunman with a screwdriver, go for the throat.  I wish I was kidding.  And no one in the room thought it was weird, and coworkers didn’t bat an eye when I said I just had the saddest talk.

Education in America…

• TBH 2
32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

When we were getting ready for a lockdown drill I was going over the protocol for my room to let them know where we go and how we handle ourselves.

Of course kids have a million “what ifs” and the kids started talking about how my room/shop is a great place to be since we had “weapons” (tools).  I actually had a serious conversation with 13 year old that if you stab a gunman with a screwdriver, go for the throat.  I wish I was kidding.  And no one in the room thought it was weird, and coworkers didn’t bat an eye when I said I just had the saddest talk.

Education in America…

Yep!

Just another thing we get to deal with while normies crap on us.  

We even have "codes" that go out over the intercom system that mean different things in case of an intruder. 

• Plus1 1