Gun Control

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

crickets from the guns first crowd.   

if you dig deep you find many far right nut jobs saying this was a FBI false flag operation to push the gun control narrative.   i would bet that  in the next week or so at least 1 of the nutjob maga congressman(women) will repeat that claim.

8 minutes ago, commando said:

if you dig deep you find many far right nut jobs saying this was a FBI false flag operation to push the gun control narrative.   i would bet that  in the next week or so at least 1 of the nutjob maga congressman(women) will repeat that claim.

One more reason we need Dems in the House, Senate and WH - just to pass common sense gun control.  This is really the new (well not so new) pro-life issue of our day.  For us pro-lifers, it is hypocritical to be 'anti-abortion' yet pro-gun.  It is equivalent to this:  Pro-lifers rail against pro-choicers who want abortion unrestricted throughout the full 9 months yet there are pro-lifers who want unrestricted gun ownership and use.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Decked said:

The second amendment claims nothing about hunting. Leave no doubt.. it is to rise up and even god forbid kill anyone involved pending a tyrannical governmental regime enforcing hardships on citizens to form a well armed militia against the state. Yes, this includes troops & police officers alike. Hunting just falls under this umbrella of already having weapons. There is no right to specifically hunt. It is a luxury merely provided by the second amendment.

That is true but hunters are weirder than gun lovers, so we gotta leave one group alone!  Haha

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

One more reason we need Dems in the House, Senate and WH - just to pass common sense gun control.  This is really the new (well not so new) pro-life issue of our day.  For us pro-lifers, it is hypocritical to be 'anti-abortion' yet pro-gun.  It is equivalent to this:  Pro-lifers rail against pro-choicers who want abortion unrestricted throughout the full 9 months yet there are pro-lifers who want unrestricted gun ownership and use.  

Any gun legislation will die with the stacked Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I get this argument but I never really agreed with it.

I am super for abortion, I am super for the death penalty (as are most people with common sense) and I am super against guns.

I just have never felt being "for" one issue means you have to be for another one.

Now, can I see the argument that it makes one a hypocrite?  Sure!  But who cares, we are all hypocrites. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Eh. We need hunters. There's no control over local wildlife populations without hunters since we've killed off all the natural predators. 

Like I said, I would leave hunters alone.

I suppose we COULD have people that are part of PETA pass out condoms to the male animals?  Maybe teach them about safe sex?

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am super for abortion, I am super for the death penalty (as are most people with common sense) and I am super against guns.

I have little sympathy for murderers and tended to bypass death penalty debates, but over the years it became clear that it's not a deterrent, it's hella expensive to the court system, and there are a disturbing number of times we've killed innocent people or exonerated them on Death Row. 

Wish it was a common sense issue, but it's not. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I have little sympathy for murderers and tended to bypass death penalty debates, but over the years it became clear that it's not a deterrent, it's hella expensive to the court system, and there are a disturbing number of times we've killed innocent people or exonerated them on Death Row. 

Wish it was a common sense issue, but it's not. 

We don't know if it is a deterrent.  This is what we know

1.  People still kill people

2.  100% of people that have been executed have never hurt anyone again

What we don't know and can't know is how many people decided NOT to kill because they were worried about being sentenced to death, that is information we really can't know.  For all we know there could be thousands and thousands of people that have not killed because they did not want to face the consequence. 

There are tons of things I don't do because I don't want to deal with the consequence, I bet the same is true for you.  We just don't really have data on it. 

• TBH 1