Gun Control

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Who gets them?  Police, .mil, the ones that protect the politicians sworn to serve, and the ones that don't care about laws?  

Police, yes

Military, duh!!!

Govt security is essentially police, so yes.

The ones that don’t care about laws? 6 months for every bullet in the gun.  Just like I typed.

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Police, yes

Military, duh!!!

Govt security is essentially police, so yes.

The ones that don’t care about laws? 6 months for every bullet in the gun.  Just like I typed.

What mass shooting is thwarted by you proposal?

What mass shooter is worried about 6 months for every cartridge (bullet, powder, casing, primer) in a magazine?

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The thread often focuses on ending gun violence, right?  Saving lives seems to come up often.  Is pointing out where, and with what tool, people are being harmed with out-of-bounds?

If so, the mental and moral brokenness of the shooter's is always relevant.

I'd comfortably wager the majority of the "regular" posters of this thread are here because of gun violence as it relates to mass shootings.  Not to minimize the terrible problem of other types of gun violence, but that's not the focus of the thread.  Pointing out these other types is fine, but not when doing so to dodge direct questions about assault weapons in the hands of private citizens.

Of course the brokenness of shooter is relevant, but so is tool of choice for the deed.  Why do they grab the AR instead of the S&W 6 shot revolver when they want to shoot up a school or a workplace?  Are you willing to answer that question?

52 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I'd comfortably wager the majority of the "regular" posters of this thread are here because of gun violence as it relates to mass shootings.  Not to minimize the terrible problem of other types of gun violence, but that's not the focus of the thread.  Pointing out these other types is fine, but not when doing so to dodge direct questions about assault weapons in the hands of private citizens.

Of course the brokenness of shooter is relevant, but so is tool of choice for the deed.  Why do they grab the AR instead of the S&W 6 shot revolver when they want to shoot up a school or a workplace?  Are you willing to answer that question?

What % of these private citizens are the problem with "assault weapons?"

Why do more people die from pistols than ARs?  

Why do more people die is places where leftist policy reigns as inherent?  

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

What % of these private citizens are the problem with "assault weapons?"

Why do more people die from pistols than ARs?  

Why do more people die is places where leftist policy reigns as inherent?  

There you go again dodging a simple question.  The truth is inconvenient, isn’t it? 

• TBH 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, Archy1221 said:

The shooting is terrible, but why is that lady blaming it on a law that isn’t even in place yet? 

Yeah, blaming a mass shooting on permitless carry, whether it is in effect or not, would seem to be a little misplaced. I wouldn’t guess permitless carry contributes to mass shootings. But generally blaming permissive gun laws would not be a stretch. And typically once a law like this is passed enforcement adjusts before it is official.

As an example, as soon as recreational marijuana passed in Colorado, police stopped enforcing the old laws before it was officially in effect.

• TBH 1
On 5/30/2023 at 8:11 AM, Decoy73 said:

There you go again dodging a simple question.  The truth is inconvenient, isn’t it? 

Why do they shoot up the workplace ever? Why do people commit murders?

Is it difficult to comprehend walking up and not wanting to harm people that day, everyday?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did someone actually say more people die where leftist policy reigns?

Isn't that both silly and, in fact, the opposite? 

What data backs your claim?  Per capita or pure volume, leftists cities are the highest violent crime and gun violent.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Why do they shoot up the workplace ever? Why do people commit murders?

Is it difficult to comprehend walking up and not wanting to harm people that day, everyday?  

Why do they pick the AR?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, blaming a mass shooting on permitless carry, whether it is in effect or not, would seem to be a little misplaced. I wouldn’t guess permitless carry contributes to mass shootings. But generally blaming permissive gun laws would not be a stretch. And typically once a law like this is passed enforcement adjusts before it is official.

As an example, as soon as recreational marijuana passed in Colorado, police stopped enforcing the old laws before it was officially in effect.

If I lived in Florida, I wouldn’t be a fan of permitless carry. 

• Plus1 3