Temp check: 7-5

Idk, I guess I always thought it was an unspoken understanding that we were in a rebuild. We fired a guy that consistently won 9 games but hit his ceiling and hired a guy that consistently won 6 games or so at a bad place with a higher ceiling and a different system.

I mean, yeah I was drinking the kool aid pretty hard by August and even believed that we had the players in place to make a run. After BYU that dream got put into check. It wasn't until we let Wisconsin win that I let go complete hope of 2015 being anything more than a transition.

There really isn't anything to argue here. Regardless of what ADSE's statement implied, we are in a rebuild. So I guess if some want to view that original press statement and 2015's results as a huge failure on ADSE's implied promises, then be my guest. I'm not implying my logic or expectations were any better than anyone elses, just giving my opinion.

LOL

"Transition"... was the first excuse churned out by the excuse making machine.

But that was only good for one year and they needed a longer term excuse. So they had the excuse making machine spit out "rebuilding".

The "transition" excuse will last for several years because "program was more toxic than expected from previous coach" and "players aren't buying in" so we need to "wait until new coach gets his own recruits"

Unfortunately you are correct. That's why I used the term "litany" and "endless" to describe the excuses.

So lets review the list of excuses churned out by the excuse making machine so far...

1. Transition

2. Program was more toxic then expected from previous coach

3. Players aren't buying in

4. We need to wait until new coach gets his own recruits

5. Blame the players

6. Blame the assistant coaches

7.Rebuilding

Oh heck why even count... the list is endless.

Endless?

I would expect some improvement this season, but it's hard to imagine all the pieces falling into place, especially on defense.

Next season the Riley recruits will outnumber the previous regime's, and systems will be solidified.

That's three seasons to see if the Huskers are Big 10 contenders under Riley. I would expect your particular list of excuses to end there.

I think the excuses for this past season, including the coach blaming himself, were about right.

No they aren't. They're the same regurgitated excuses that have been used to escape responsibility by those in charge for the last 18 years.

We need responsibility... accountability...

NO MORE EXCUSES

• Fire 1

Idk, I guess I always thought it was an unspoken understanding that we were in a rebuild. We fired a guy that consistently won 9 games but hit his ceiling and hired a guy that consistently won 6 games or so at a bad place with a higher ceiling and a different system.

I mean, yeah I was drinking the kool aid pretty hard by August and even believed that we had the players in place to make a run. After BYU that dream got put into check. It wasn't until we let Wisconsin win that I let go complete hope of 2015 being anything more than a transition.

There really isn't anything to argue here. Regardless of what ADSE's statement implied, we are in a rebuild. So I guess if some want to view that original press statement and 2015's results as a huge failure on ADSE's implied promises, then be my guest. I'm not implying my logic or expectations were any better than anyone elses, just giving my opinion.

LOL

But that was only good for one year and they needed a longer term excuse. So they had the excuse making machine spit out "rebuilding".

The "transition" excuse will last for several years because "program was more toxic than expected from previous coach" and "players aren't buying in" so we need to "wait until new coach gets his own recruits"

Unfortunately you are correct. That's why I used the term "litany" and "endless" to describe the excuses.

So lets review the list of excuses churned out by the excuse making machine so far...

1. Transition

5. Blame the players

7.Rebuilding

Endless?

I would expect some improvement this season, but it's hard to imagine all the pieces falling into place, especially on defense.

Next season the Riley recruits will outnumber the previous regime's, and systems will be solidified.

That's three seasons to see if the Huskers are Big 10 contenders under Riley. I would expect your particular list of excuses to end there.

I think the excuses for this past season, including the coach blaming himself, were about right.

No they aren't. They're the same regurgitated excuses that have been used to escape responsibility by those in charge for the last 18 years.

NO MORE EXCUSES

I think you're being psycho.

• Fire 2

With the Oregon and Wyoming game times announced, I again RE-visited the schedule and prospects for wins-losses.

Getting the feeling that we open 2-0 with easy wins over Fresno and Wyo, then run into a buzz saw against the Ducks and get nipped in a game at NW. After scoring three pretty easy conference wins to go 5-2, we lose in a heartbreaking decision to Whisky and run into another buzz saw vs tOSU. Now at 5-4, we get bowl eligible with back to back wins and then lose a tough one to the Hawks.

So there it is 7-5. How's everybody feel about that?

Talked to some non cool-aid drinking fans (lets face it those of us on the board are cool aid drinkers) they are saying 5-7 wins. (most of which have season tickets that I buy) If that happens. I will be angry very angry...

I find myself in recent years thinking this is the year we over come the hump, however prior to Mr. Rogers I always felt well at least we have 9 wins or Bozo is gone. Now I feel there is no bottum.

So to answer, angry, sad, confused.

I remembered when Bozo was here and the msg board regulars said 9 was not good enough, well what now?

I remembered when Bozo was here and the msg board regulars said 9 was not good enough, well what now?

No one I know thinks 5-7 is acceptable. No one I know, message board posters or otherwise, thinks 9 wins isn't good enough. However, I do know people who were not satisfied with the direction of the program under the last head coach, myself included.

What the hell are you all arguing about?

What part of "have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships" would require a rebuild?

The coaching part.

Exactly anyone who has watched the 90-1998 teams knows it was next man up, i know our rivals or want to be rivals have said it was partial qualifies. However we had a next man up culture. We played with a 3rd or 4th string QB in 93 or 94? I could google it to look smart however I dont remember off the top of my head besides he was a white kid with a wierd name.

No one I know thinks 5-7 is acceptable. No one I know, message board posters or otherwise, thinks 9 wins isn't good enough. However, I do know people who were not satisfied with the direction of the program under the last head coach, myself included.

I have a friend that was a Colonel who was away from Nebraska due to the conflicts, he and I agree 5-6 wins. :( However I am predicting 9 wins. He buys tickets to all husker sports now that he is back. However both us agree the football does not look great. However we are both BoLievers.

As to not being happy with 9 wins there are plenty of post I could quote if I cared. Those who have been around yourself included can and will remember. No conf championship etc. I predicted last year that we would be lucky to get to 9 wins prior to getting to Bo fired. Also I predicted the sell out streak would end, while they keep selling - according to local news and the Unv they havent been at capacity. Last year I went to every home game but for one due to personal life, however I am not sure I will go to one this year, we will see. I dont want to pay 200-300 dollars to watch my Huskers lose in person.

LOL

1. Transition

5. Blame the players

7.Rebuilding

Endless?

NO MORE EXCUSES

I don't care what you think.

Your inability to deal with honesty and reality is your problem not mine.

LOL

1. Transition

5. Blame the players

7.Rebuilding

Endless?

NO MORE EXCUSES

I don't care what you think.

Your inability to deal with honesty and reality is your problem not mine.

"We need responsibility, accountability...NO MORE EXCUSES."

I don't understand what you're referencing with this. What do you wish was done differently? I'm not trolling, I'm just legitimately confused as I didn't think the coaches were making excuses or shirking responsibility last season. Give me examples of what you're talking about to help me understand.

If this is rebuilding, what are we rebuilding to?

2016 shapes up to be the easiest path to a CCG since the inception of the B12, save maybe some down years in the B12N of the mid-00s.

If this ends up being a < 9 win season, what the heck is Riley going to accomplish before he's up for retirement? By the time the "rebuild" is complete, we'll be buying a new house anyway.

What part of "have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships" would require a rebuild?

The coaching part.

Like I said, there are a lot of ways to semantic this argument.

But I would contend that the vast majority wouldn't have classified this as a "rebuild" project 18 months ago. We were solid but not spectacular with the coaches being the weakest part. Better coaching was expected to reduce/eliminate the embarrasing losses and push us to the next level - winning a conference title. Better coaching combined with better recruiting would get us back in the national title hunt.

I don't think that would have been called a "rebuild" by many. In fact, no one has been able to show where anyone called it that until we were watching the particularly poor results of last season.

Most would have deemed it "needing to get to the next level."

• Fire 2