Temp check: 7-5

If this team goes 11-1, how are people going to complain that recruiting was poor during the past several years?

That'll be interesting.

Lack of depth mostly.
What teams have more depth than Nebraska?
I'm sure several teams have better depth at QB, Dline and Oline than Nebraska.

I think you'd be surprised by the "lack of depth" across CFB.

True, DL is thin, but every team has holes at various places, save a very select few. I doubt there are more than 10 teams in the country that have more talent and depth than Nebraska.

Our QB depth is my biggest concern.

If this team goes 11-1, how are people going to complain that recruiting was poor during the past several years?

That'll be interesting.

Lack of depth mostly.

True, DL is thin, but every team has holes at various places, save a very select few. I doubt there are more than 10 teams in the country that have more talent and depth than Nebraska.

Our QB depth is my biggest concern.

If POB is as good as advertised, I think a 5th year QB, an underrated athletic QB and POB provide solid depth. In someways, this may be as deep as NU has been at QB in a while. Maybe 2013 is similar.

Actually, we would have had an amazing amount of depth at DL before the attrition that came under Hughes. Valentine and Collins made the right choice, regardless of coaching staff, so that would have (should have) happened. The other two guys? Stuff happens. But those four aren't the only four guys that are capable of lining up against Husker opponents, so we might not even remember this happened by the close of the upcoming season.

That'll be interesting.

Lack of depth mostly.

ahhhhhhhhhh.........Ohio State?

This year?

They have a lot of potential and great coaching. Time will tell if they actually have depth and I don't think that is something you can answer in June.

That'll be interesting.

Lack of depth mostly.

ahhhhhhhhhh.........Ohio State?

This year?

They have a lot of potential and great coaching. Time will tell if they actually have depth and I don't think that is something you can answer in June.

That was pretty much my point. And it's probably true of just about every team out there. Ohio State last year was so much of an outlier that it barely deserves consideration.

That'll be interesting.

Lack of depth mostly.

This is actually a pretty fair look at things. Most teams including most power 5 teams are usually only 2 deep at most positions with players they are real comfortable playing. Even at NU during the 90's this was the case at a lot of positions. Ralph Brown started as a freshman as much on talent as a lack of depth at DB.

7-5 would be just short of a disaster, and in my mind, sinks any chance we have of becoming relevant again unless we get a homerun hire on our next coach. In the Hail Varsity Yearbook, they did an article on the importance of year 2 to a coaches overall success, and how vital it is. Case in point, the 4 coaches in last year's playoff (Saban, Dantonio, Dabo, Stoops) averaged 6.2 wins in year one, and 10.6 in year two.

We have to win this year. No excuses.

• Fire 3

7-5 would be just short of a disaster, and in my mind, sinks any chance we have of becoming relevant again unless we get a homerun hire on our next coach. In the Hail Varsity Yearbook, they did an article on the importance of year 2 to a coaches overall success, and how vital it is. Case in point, the 4 coaches in last year's playoff (Saban, Dantonio, Dabo, Stoops) averaged 6.2 wins in year one, and 10.6 in year two.

We have to win this year. No excuses.

I agree with this. If we can shake of those fluke losses from last year, I see no reason 9-3 isn't possible wt a shot at 10-2. 7-5 would not be good. 8-4 baby steps forward. I think Armstrong will be the key - what is in his head this year - will he gunsling it around and remain a turnover machine or will he mature and play within his abilities. Langs has got to recognize TA's limits and take advantage of his strengths - ability to hurt a D wt his feet and keep them honest so he can pass effectively.

Like many of you, I am hoping for improvement. And maybe 7-5 is just me shooting low so that the Huskers can't do anything but exceed expectations.

At the same time, I wonder what Oregon will bring to the table. They have good to great athletes and an ability to spread a defense apart and exploit weak links by staging certain match up issues and getting you out of sorts with fast paced action.

We know Northwestern has been a tough place to play. And Madison has too.

And the Buckeyes reload with studs every year.

Maybe Iowa is that swing game where we win, get to eight wins and then shoot for nine in the bowl. Iowa may be decent this year or they may stink. It's hard to tell how that program is going to react to the success they enjoyed in 2015. All I can go by, and the reason why I fear loss, is that it took OT for Armstrong to beat the Hawks in Iowa City in 2014.

None the less, my main concern with this Husker team is that we generate enough momentum, both on the field and in recruiting, to keep people, we are talking about the booster and big names behind the scenes, to continue to believe in MR.

I do not want to start over until we know that MR had his shot and it didn't work. Judging by some of the momentum that's being created in recruiting, the Huskers could be ready to explode onto the national scene in the next three to four years.

This season has me worriedl, but the future has me hopeful.