Alex Henery Adjusts to His Next Phase of Life

Things are plenty good. He's married, lives in West Omaha, has a 1½-year-old boy named Landen, a good job at the real estate company Tetrad Property Group. He instructs at a couple of kicking camps and even does some private lessons.

His NFL career lasted four seasons.
"It's great while it lasts and then once you're not in it anymore, it's hard to know when to pull the plug. When do you stop pursuing?" Henery says.
He has stopped waiting for the phone to buzz. It doesn't seem a sad story to him. Life moves on.
Still, you can't talk to Henery about kicking without also asking that one question, 'What happened?'

LJS

• Fire 2

Biggest leg of any Blackshirt, ever. (He was awarded a Blackshirt one year, IIRC. I guess for his ability to put the other offense in a hole with his punting.) :dunno

Glad to see he's doing well. It seems like some fb players have a tough time adjusting once their playing days are over.

I still am surprised at how his NFL career started and where it ended up. Glad he's on to new things like family and has another career now going. He was an awesome kicker.

I am too. Once he caught the Shanks, it was over. I thought he'd be a 10+ year player.

I thought he had an engineering degree.

I have no idea what he's doing in real estate, but if he used his NFL money to invest in some property and is doing well good for him. No need to start at some low level engineer if he's making good cash in real estate investing.

Thanks to the google machine:

http://tetradpropertygroup.com/our-team-2/

Henery oversees projects from initial development through construction and project closeout in the Omaha and Lincoln areas. He fulfills various roles as owner’s representative and construction manager in coordination with multiple design professionals and contractors, while tracking the project’s budget and schedule. Henery obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management in December 2010.

• Fire 1