The 2016 Democrat National Convention

Where did Chelsea inherit her authenticity genes from? She was great and to me gave the best speech of the entire DNC (with Michelle in 2nd).

Halfway through Hillary's speech, I'm not sure she is helping herself very much. She is shouty and sounds angry, and simply does not come across as authentic. It will be interesting to see how truly Independent Voters are viewing her relative to Trump's speech from a week ago.

Where did Chelsea inherit her authenticity genes from? She was great and to me gave the best speech of the entire DNC (with Michelle in 2nd).

Halfway through Hillary's speech, I'm not sure she is helping herself very much. She is shouty and sounds angry, and simply does not come across as authentic. It will be interesting to see how truly Independent Voters are viewing her relative to Trump's speech from a week ago.

WjSx3rJqsa448.gif

WjSx3rJqsa448.gif

Glad you agree...I think her problem is that the way she is speaking sounds condescending...like she is talking slowly to annunciate so we can understand her. I'm sure her speech writers have tried to help her, but I think that is part of the issue. Bill and Obama are extremely gifted speakers and it comes much more naturally for them.

Let's get serious for a second. Chelsea is staring into a crowd of thousands with 1,287 blazing spotlights in her eyes. There is no way she can pick out one person she knows to wave to them.

WHAT A FAKE

Now now...take it easy on Chelsea. She did a really nice job just as Ivanka did the week before.

Let's get serious for a second. Chelsea is staring into a crowd of thousands with 1,287 blazing spotlights in her eyes. There is no way she can pick out one person she knows to wave to them.

WHAT A FAKE

Now now...take it easy on Chelsea. She did a really nice job just as Ivanka did the week before.

I didn't watch either of them. I was playing Skyrim.

• Fire 2

So I am really interested to hear what truly Independent voters on here are thinking of Hillary's speech. To me the one thing she needed to do herself was to humanize herself and come across as more genuine and authentic. I think for 3 or 4 minutes she did so when she spoke of her mom and parents, and her tone changed for the better.

As I listen to the rest of the speech, what I hear is just another typical politician promising a bunch of stuff that does not align with her track record (such as opposing TPP, Wall Street, and Citizens United). I think it would have done her more good to explain how/why she's changed her stance on these key issues rather than just claiming she's now against TPP and Wall Street.

My guess is she will get a slight bounce out of this, and we will end up with a 1 or 2 point race on average in a couple weeks.

WHAT A FAKE

I didn't watch either of them. I was playing Skyrim.

Ok. Chelsea to me (a Conservative) did the best job of any DNC prime-tiem speaker as she spoke from the heart and was very genuine.

So I am really interested to hear what truly Independent voters on here are thinking of Hillary's speech. To me the one thing she needed to do herself was to humanize herself and come across as more genuine and authentic. I think for 3 or 4 minutes she did so when she spoke of her mom and parents, and her tone changed for the better.

As I listen to the rest of the speech, what I hear is just another typical politician promising a bunch of stuff that does not align with her track record (such as opposing TPP, Wall Street, and Citizens United). I think it would have done her more good to explain how/why she's changed her stance on these key issues rather than just claiming she's now against TPP and Wall Street.

My guess is she will get a slight bounce out of this, and we will end up with a 1 or 2 point race on average in a couple weeks.

Admittedly I didn't watch any of the RNC and I'm only watching Hillary's speech. I agree it's someone promising everything. One of Bush's State of the Union speeches made me like him for awhile because he said a bunch of stuff about climate change that I agreed with.