The 2016 Democrat National Convention

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7914/watch-clintons-constant-throat-clearing-robert-kraychik

There has been some speculation if Hillary has a health issue. Coughing spells occurring often during the past 6 months or longer. This contains a video showing her clearing her throat many times last night.

Why did you feel this was an issue that needed to be brought up? Honestly asking.
He felt it was an issue for the same reason someone edited that video, posted it, and wrote an article on it.

RE: the "issue": she's been giving a lot more speeches than usual in that same period. It's not a big leap to think that causes it.

Also, I've had a cough for a year and a half. I can still jog and my heart rate and blood pressure are normal. It can be caused by lots of things, such as asthma, mold, allergies, GERD, and other non life threatening things.

Khizr Kahn was great. This was the moment of the night for me, more so than Hillary or Chelsea (or Katy).

48991951.cached.jpg

"Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution?" he said. "I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law."

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities"

His testimony was similar to Patricia Smiths at the RNC who spoke about her son being killed in the Benghazi attack, and Hillary dismissing that event by blaming a video and stating "what difference does it make."

Except that there have been 8 Congressional investigations, none of which have found Clinton culpable.

If you want to rail against Congress, go ahead. No one here will argue with that. But I have no idea why Republicans continue to bark up the Benghazi tree.

Fact checking Clinton speech.

Just for comparison.

Fact Checking Trump Speech.

Basically, they are both full of crap.

Politicians compose their speeches with facts they twist and contort into a context that either has questionable veracity or evades it altogether, so fact checks usually bear that out.

But if anyone that watched both speeches couldn't tell the difference in tone between his and hers, they weren't paying attention. They just have to decide where they fall on the spectrum of how they view the country-- amazing and exceptional or falling apart at the seams.

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

I'm surprised she had as much restraint as she did.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.

He was openly courting Republicans last night. Talking about the military. Talking about "real America". Talking about Reagan and how his values no longer apply to the party.

True statement.

Hmm...how do Reagan's values no longer apply to the Republican party? All parties evolve, and the Democratic party today is nothing like that of JFK's Democratic party. Both parties have moved to the left and right.

As for Obama talking about the military and the real america, that is a joke. He is extremely out of touch and not well liked by the military or veterans in general.

Ummm.....you answered your own question.

Not really...I was asking YOU for specifics on how things are completely different. From what I can tell, the GOP still seeks lower taxes and less government as Reagan did, as well as a strong military and aggressive approach to foreign policy.

True......and they think their path to that is through anger, bigotry, racism, and creating this view that the other side is evil and unAmerican.

That isn't how Reagan ran campaigns or how he ran the government. He reached across the isle to work with Tip O'nell instead of pumping out constant hatred and propaganda painting them as the enemy.

Reagan would be appalled at Conservatives now days. He worked hard to push his agenda but in a way that unified people.

There isn't one damn thing unifying about the Republican party right now unless you are an angry old white man who claims to be Christian.

THAT is not the Reagan Republican party.

I think you are mistaken, have you looked at the emails from the DNC? What to you call "operation taco bowl?" Hopefully someday soon minorities will realize that the Dems haven't done squat for them other than pander to them once every four years. Steven A Smith brought up a good point that blacks should vote Republican once just to get the Dems to take them seriously and to stop taking them for granted. Which makes sense with how this President left them in worse shape than than when he was first elected 7.5 years ago.

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.

He was openly courting Republicans last night. Talking about the military. Talking about "real America". Talking about Reagan and how his values no longer apply to the party.

True statement.

Hmm...how do Reagan's values no longer apply to the Republican party? All parties evolve, and the Democratic party today is nothing like that of JFK's Democratic party. Both parties have moved to the left and right.

As for Obama talking about the military and the real america, that is a joke. He is extremely out of touch and not well liked by the military or veterans in general.

Not really...I was asking YOU for specifics on how things are completely different. From what I can tell, the GOP still seeks lower taxes and less government as Reagan did, as well as a strong military and aggressive approach to foreign policy.

True......and they think their path to that is through anger, bigotry, racism, and creating this view that the other side is evil and unAmerican.

That isn't how Reagan ran campaigns or how he ran the government. He reached across the isle to work with Tip O'nell instead of pumping out constant hatred and propaganda painting them as the enemy.

Reagan would be appalled at Conservatives now days. He worked hard to push his agenda but in a way that unified people.

There isn't one damn thing unifying about the Republican party right now unless you are an angry old white man who claims to be Christian.

I think you are mistaken, have you looked at the emails from the DNC? What to you call "operation taco bowl?" Hopefully someday soon minorities will realize that the Dems haven't done squat for them other than pander to them once every four years. Steven A Smith brought up a good point that blacks should vote Republican once just to get the Dems to take them seriously and to stop taking them for granted. Which makes sense with how this President left them in worse shape than than when he was first elected 7.5 years ago.

One candidate proposed banning a religion from the country and has a long history of racially charged if not racist behavior and comments. The majority of them continue to call out Black Lives Matter as a racist, anti-police movement.

The other candidate mentioned systemic racism of blacks and Latinos in their acceptance speech. They've pushed back on the attacks on said religion and have a task force that issued a report with 59 recommendations with how to reform policing for everyone in the country.

Writ large, the nomination and coalescence behind Trump has decimated the 2012 GOP autopsy report to reach out more effectively to minorities. There's a reason the Donald polled a strong 1 point to Clinton's 96 for blacks in MO I read the other day. That poll found her up 1 in Missouri, by the way.

True statement.

Your post is a prime example of the problem.

You did absolutely nothing to prove my comment you bolded wrong. All you did was point the finger the other way.

• Fire 1

Breaking News: Trump responds to Khizr Khan's speech

I wish that wasn't an actual quote. I'm sure his apologists will spin this as Trump standing up for women's rights somehow. He instead chose to subvert the very serious, substantive criticism against him with a very childish response, displaying an utter lack of any introspection.

A man of this character cannot be our next president.

Khizr Kahn was great. This was the moment of the night for me, more so than Hillary or Chelsea (or Katy).

48991951.cached.jpg

"Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution?" he said. "I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law."

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities"

His testimony was similar to Patricia Smiths at the RNC who spoke about her son being killed in the Benghazi attack, and Hillary dismissing that event by blaming a video and stating "what difference does it make."

Except that there have been 8 Congressional investigations, none of which have found Clinton culpable.

If you want to rail against Congress, go ahead. No one here will argue with that. But I have no idea why Republicans continue to bark up the Benghazi tree.

Umm..there were plenty of findings from Benghazi, but the left wants to continue to dismiss them. Plus, Mrs. Smith was also talking about a 1/1 conversation she had with Clinton in which Hillary made it a point to say it was caused by a video despite emails showing she told others it was a terror attack. You dont have any concern with that?