The 2016 Democrat National Convention

Obama loathes Trump, doesn't he?

Well he realizes that if Trump somehow wins that will be Obamas legacy.

Obama is taking care of his legacy - referring to himself 119x during his nomination speech of Hillary - maybe he didn't have enough good things to say about her :dunno Other than she is the most qualified candidate for President FOREVER! He repeated that :laughpound claim.

https://news.grabien.com/story-watch-obama-refer-himself-119-times-during-hillary-nominatin

I was laying in bed this morning half awake and heard that quote. I honestly thought I was dreaming or something.

That is a perfect example of someone throwing out a quote that is so absolutely absurd and not caring if anyone cares or questions it because he knows his little clan of followers will eat it up and their eyes will explode with amazement.

It looks like the DNC has put an ad on Craigslist and is paying $50 for seat fillers at the convention in order to convey a fake sense of unity within the party.

http://www.infowars.com/bernie-delegate-dnc-is-replacing-sanders-supporters-with-paid-seat-fillers-to-create-fake-unity/

If that is for several hours at the convention, are they even paying minimum wage?

I hope they are paying $15/hour to be consistent with their platform.

Oh man....if they aren't, I would absolutely love it if they would get in trouble because they aren't following some absurd employment law.

I will guarantee you if I hired someone for $50 to come sit at my office (not sure how long you will be here), it would be against some rule.

That's the second time Obama has said that about Hillary. The first was a few weeks ago:

I get the point Obama's making. She's been First Lady, she's been Sec of State, she's been a Senator, bap bap bap. She would have had to excel in those offices to be "the most qualified" presidential candidate ever. It'd be hard to make an argument that she excelled.

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

I'm surprised she had as much restraint as she did.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.

He was openly courting Republicans last night. Talking about the military. Talking about "real America". Talking about Reagan and how his values no longer apply to the party.

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.

He was openly courting Republicans last night. Talking about the military. Talking about "real America". Talking about Reagan and how his values no longer apply to the party.

True statement.

True statement.

Hmm...how do Reagan's values no longer apply to the Republican party? All parties evolve, and the Democratic party today is nothing like that of JFK's Democratic party. Both parties have moved to the left and right.

As for Obama talking about the military and the real america, that is a joke. He is extremely out of touch and not well liked by the military or veterans in general.

True statement.

Hmm...how do Reagan's values no longer apply to the Republican party? All parties evolve, and the Democratic party today is nothing like that of JFK's Democratic party. Both parties have moved to the left and right.

As for Obama talking about the military and the real america, that is a joke. He is extremely out of touch and not well liked by the military or veterans in general.

Ummm.....you answered your own question.

• Fire 2

First of all what is your source for POTUS calling Republicans terrorists? Seems like something I would remeber. Second why the hell would you take the high road when they made it abundantly clear they would not work with him on any issue during his term and followed through?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/250542-obama-doubles-down-on-comparing-gop-to-iranian-hardliners

First off, as we've debated before, it takes two sides to not work together, and I personally hold my POTUS more responsible for setting a tone of partnership. Like I said, he always seeks to attack the GOP moreso that he will ISIS or actual enemies of the US.

True statement.

Not really...I was asking YOU for specifics on how things are completely different. From what I can tell, the GOP still seeks lower taxes and less government as Reagan did, as well as a strong military and aggressive approach to foreign policy.

True statement.

Not really...I was asking YOU for specifics on how things are completely different. From what I can tell, the GOP still seeks lower taxes and less government as Reagan did, as well as a strong military and aggressive approach to foreign policy.

True......and they think their path to that is through anger, bigotry, racism, and creating this view that the other side is evil and unAmerican.

That isn't how Reagan ran campaigns or how he ran the government. He reached across the isle to work with Tip O'nell instead of pumping out constant hatred and propaganda painting them as the enemy.

Reagan would be appalled at Conservatives now days. He worked hard to push his agenda but in a way that unified people.

There isn't one damn thing unifying about the Republican party right now unless you are an angry old white man who claims to be Christian.

THAT is not the Reagan Republican party.

• Fire 5

True statement.
Except for military spending and voodoo economics.

True statement.
Except for military spending and voodoo economics.

That voodoo economics led to the longest post war growth in the economy of last century and made possible the Clinton economy that he takes credit for. The military spending also forced the Soviets to regress as they could not keep up. Which led to the fall of the Soviet empire, gave us the GHWB & Clinton years 'peace dividend' and freed the world of MAD - mutually assured destruction. This led to the freeing of hundreds of millions from the grips of communism and the threat of nuclear war.

Trump is no Reagan and anytime someone tries to create that link has no understanding of history or what it means to be and act presidential. Oh, and Obama is no Lincoln, FDR or a liberal Reagan - another false linkage.