The 2016 Democrat National Convention

I'm wondering what happened to the opening night prime time kickoff when Michelle Obama talked about staying positive, and "when they go low we go high." Since that time, I have heard Warren, Bill, Obama, Biden, Kaine, etc... all spend countless minutes of their speech making fun of Trump and Republicans in general.

So far Michelle has had the best speech of the convention...if only her initial words were actually followed through by the subsequent speakers.

• Fire 1

I'm wondering what happened to the opening night prime time kickoff when Michelle Obama talked about staying positive, and "when they go low we go high." Since that time, I have heard Warren, Bill, Obama, Biden, Kaine, etc... all spend countless minutes of their speech making fun of Trump and Republicans in general.

So far Michelle has had the best speech of the convention...if only her initial words were actually followed through by the subsequent speakers.

Michelle for President?? :madash

And, you have a problem with this? Your party just spent a week doing nothing but bashing and being as negative on everything than I have ever seen at a political convention.......and you then have a problem when another party has some speakers who talk bad about your candidate?

And, you have a problem with this? Your party just spent a week doing nothing but bashing and being as negative on everything than I have ever seen at a political convention.......and you then have a problem when another party has some speakers who talk bad about your candidate?

No I dont have a problem with the Dems bashing Trump, but the message of unity and positivity from Michelles speech on the first night set a tone that was not followed in any speech after hers. It kind of makes her words seem fake in hindsight.

Obama loathes Trump, doesn't he?

Well he realizes that if Trump somehow wins that will be Obamas legacy.

Obama is taking care of his legacy - referring to himself 119x during his nomination speech of Hillary - maybe he didn't have enough good things to say about her :dunno Other than she is the most qualified candidate for President FOREVER! He repeated that :laughpound claim.

https://news.grabien.com/story-watch-obama-refer-himself-119-times-during-hillary-nominatin

• Fire 1

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

I'm surprised she had as much restraint as she did.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.

He actively led a witch-hunt to delegitimize her husband because he is a black man.

I'm surprised she had as much restraint as she did.

And the Obamas have taken the high road, personally. That doesn't mean that that everyone else at that convention is just going to let Trump skate by.

Umm...Barack has never taken the high road against Republicans and has called them terrorists before. The only thing he is passionate about anymore is bashing Republicans so I 100% disagree that he has taken the high road, but will agree that Michelle has overall.
First of all what is your source for POTUS calling Republicans terrorists? Seems like something I would remeber. Second why the hell would you take the high road when they made it abundantly clear they would not work with him on any issue during his term and followed through?

Infowars, hysterical memes, and "Barack calls Republicans terrorists". Oh my.

You can see why there's no way forward in the discussion from this point.

In that context, maybe it's not Obama who has been responsible for these kinds of impasses?

EDIT -- honestly, if the RNC was your kind of message and the DNC was a shameful disgrace, then please do feel and vote that way. But don't expect plaudits from most of the people in this community. I'm sure there's some corner of reddit or Twitter that would lap it up, though.

• Fire 3

It looks like the DNC has put an ad on Craigslist and is paying $50 for seat fillers at the convention in order to convey a fake sense of unity within the party.

http://www.infowars.com/bernie-delegate-dnc-is-replacing-sanders-supporters-with-paid-seat-fillers-to-create-fake-unity/

If that is for several hours at the convention, are they even paying minimum wage?

I hope they are paying $15/hour to be consistent with their platform.