The 2016 Democrat National Convention

So I am really interested to hear what truly Independent voters on here are thinking of Hillary's speech. To me the one thing she needed to do herself was to humanize herself and come across as more genuine and authentic. I think for 3 or 4 minutes she did so when she spoke of her mom and parents, and her tone changed for the better.

As I listen to the rest of the speech, what I hear is just another typical politician promising a bunch of stuff that does not align with her track record (such as opposing TPP, Wall Street, and Citizens United). I think it would have done her more good to explain how/why she's changed her stance on these key issues rather than just claiming she's now against TPP and Wall Street.

My guess is she will get a slight bounce out of this, and we will end up with a 1 or 2 point race on average in a couple weeks.

Admittedly I didn't watch any of the RNC and I'm only watching Hillary's speech. I agree it's someone promising everything. One of Bush's State of the Union speeches made me like him for awhile because he said a bunch of stuff about climate change that I agreed with.

I watched more of the DNC because when I flipped to the news at about 10:10 the RNC was done on 3 of the 4 days. The DNC speakers loved to hear themselves speak and speak and speak and ...

Listening to Hillary I was wondering how in the world is she going to pay for this. Taxes, taxes, taxes

http://www.atr.org/full-list-hillary-s-planned-tax-hikes

A couple of observations:

I expected the normal Hillary shrill. It appears she was well coached to not be herself as I think this was one of her best speeches that I've heard regardless of content. She was more restrained, in control and methodical in her approach. So for Hillary - delivery was good. Not inspiring by any means. I can never imagine her as being inspiring and any attempt to try to relate and show compassion will come across as flat and self serving.

Patronization Galore: The dems are know for patronization every sect of the population that is out there and promising every group what they want even if it conflicts with another promise made to another group. First off, her compliments of Bernie Sanders fell flat big time. Bernie didn't break a smile, didn't really acknowledge her and I think he knew this was just her making a play in trying to secure the voters he worked so hard to obtain. He didn't stand up, wave or show any warmth of receiving her words. I think he is bitter inside, Cruz was bitter outside.

Her approach to defeat ISIS: More of the same. I see no change in what she has verbalized in comparison to Obama's JV game tactics.

Stealing Trump's topic: Hillary, who has to be in the pockets of the globalists, talked about unfair trade deals, TTP, and fighting China for fair trade specifically - as well as returning jobs from overseas. She sounded like she picked that right out of Trump's speech.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21702750-farewell-left-versus-right-contest-matters-now-open-against-closed-new?cid1=cust/ednew/n/bl/n/20160728n/owned/n/n/nwl/n/n/n/n

It is pretty bad when after 25 years in the public, her daughter and Hillary herself had to spend time 'humanizing' her. This tells me that she is a calculating politician who isn't open - afraid or unwilling to show who she really is. She didn't build any trust last night, she gave the same litany of promises, class warfare, and budget breaking programs wt progressive ideas that need regressive taxes to implement.

• Fire 1

Khizr Kahn was great. This was the moment of the night for me, more so than Hillary or Chelsea (or Katy).

48991951.cached.jpg

"Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution?" he said. "I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law."

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities"

• Fire 6

So I am really interested to hear what truly Independent voters on here are thinking of Hillary's speech. To me the one thing she needed to do herself was to humanize herself and come across as more genuine and authentic. I think for 3 or 4 minutes she did so when she spoke of her mom and parents, and her tone changed for the better.

As I listen to the rest of the speech, what I hear is just another typical politician promising a bunch of stuff that does not align with her track record (such as opposing TPP, Wall Street, and Citizens United). I think it would have done her more good to explain how/why she's changed her stance on these key issues rather than just claiming she's now against TPP and Wall Street.

My guess is she will get a slight bounce out of this, and we will end up with a 1 or 2 point race on average in a couple weeks.

True Independent here.

Didn't really watch either convention because I was just too busy. Actually, if I needed to trim my toe nails it would mean I'm too busy to watch. The conventions mean absolutely nothing to me. They are a show for the base and nothing else.

I watched maybe half of Trumps speech. I'm sure Hillary's was almost as full of crap as his was.

Listening to Hillary I was wondering how in the world is she going to pay for this. Taxes, taxes, taxes

http://www.atr.org/full-list-hillary-s-planned-tax-hikes

A couple of observations:

I expected the normal Hillary shrill. It appears she was well coached to not be herself as I think this was one of her best speeches that I've heard regardless of content. She was more restrained, in control and methodical in her approach. So for Hillary - delivery was good. Not inspiring by any means. I can never imagine her as being inspiring and any attempt to try to relate and show compassion will come across as flat and self serving.

Patronization Galore: The dems are know for patronization every sect of the population that is out there and promising every group what they want even if it conflicts with another promise made to another group. First off, her compliments of Bernie Sanders fell flat big time. Bernie didn't break a smile, didn't really acknowledge her and I think he knew this was just her making a play in trying to secure the voters he worked so hard to obtain. He didn't stand up, wave or show any warmth of receiving her words. I think he is bitter inside, Cruz was bitter outside.

Her approach to defeat ISIS: More of the same. I see no change in what she has verbalized in comparison to Obama's JV game tactics.

Stealing Trump's topic: Hillary, who has to be in the pockets of the globalists, talked about unfair trade deals, TTP, and fighting China for fair trade specifically - as well as returning jobs from overseas. She sounded like she picked that right out of Trump's speech.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21702750-farewell-left-versus-right-contest-matters-now-open-against-closed-new?cid1=cust/ednew/n/bl/n/20160728n/owned/n/n/nwl/n/n/n/n

It is pretty bad when after 25 years in the public, her daughter and Hillary herself had to spend time 'humanizing' her. This tells me that she is a calculating politician who isn't open - afraid or unwilling to show who she really is. She didn't build any trust last night, she gave the same litany of promises, class warfare, and budget breaking programs wt progressive ideas that need regressive taxes to implement.

Good rundown.

I watched most of both Hillary's and Donald's speeches. Can't say either one moved me to trust them farther than I could throw Memorial stadium. But, I did think they both did about the best job they possibly could given that they're both worthless human beings and full of sh#t.

I plan to vote for Johnson even though I know next to nothing about his positions. I am not extremely happy with some of what I know about him but, if he truly is libertarian, then he'll likely win me over. If he doesn't, I'll just have a little extra free time come November cuz there is no way in hell I'm voting for any candidate again just because one of them is supposedly better than the other. Thats not a sensible option if they're both, or all, terrible. I know many feel that Hillary is bad but better than Trump or vice versa. I don't agree. I think they're both bad enough to not deserve anyone's vote.

• Fire 1

Khizr Kahn was great. This was the moment of the night for me, more so than Hillary or Chelsea (or Katy).

48991951.cached.jpg

"Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution?" he said. "I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law."

"Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities"

His testimony was similar to Patricia Smiths at the RNC who spoke about her son being killed in the Benghazi attack, and Hillary dismissing that event by blaming a video and stating "what difference does it make."

Kareem with the dunk.

People are tiring of the race-baiting. The likes to dislike ratio on that video will prove this to be true.

People think Donald Trump is a bad person who shouldn't be voted for President. The likes to dislike ratio on this video will prove this to be true.