A man you can bait with a Tweet

I'm personally wondering what happens when some gun enthusiasts in open carry states show up to "observe" outside polling places with their rifles.

Can the police get them to disperse? Or are they free to just stand there and try to look intimidating?

USA_Carry_Map.jpg

This frightens me more than anything else, I think.

It feels like we're barreling towards a weird future of party-sponsored intimidation at polling places to influence elections, like a fledgling 'democracy' in another part of the world.

Or at least that we're trying to. It only takes people who have that attitude.

I'm personally wondering what happens when some gun enthusiasts in open carry states show up to "observe" outside polling places with their rifles.Can the police get them to disperse? Or are they free to just stand there and try to look intimidating? USA_Carry_Map.jpg

This frightens me more than anything else, I think.It feels like we're barreling towards a weird future of party-sponsored intimidation at polling places to influence elections, like a fledgling 'democracy' in another part of the world.Or at least that we're trying to. It only takes people who have that attitude.
it's a place we've been before.

It amazes me the people who don't get that he was bragging and proud of committing sexual assault.

Agreed. Im horrified that there are women backing him up on this.

Also, put me down for horrified that THIS is what people are finally reacting to. Not the comments on mexican rapists, muslim ban, birther denial, gold star family bullying etc etc yada yada. Nope. Degrading a beautiful white woman. Finally people woke up. Because finally this impacts them, or their spouse, or sibling, or their child. I honestly dont think this is the worst of his offenses, but Im glad it seemed to smack people in the face.

• Fire 1

It amazes me the people who don't get that he was bragging and proud of committing sexual assault.

Agreed. Im horrified that there are women backing him up on this.

Also, put me down for horrified that THIS is what people are finally reacting to. Not the comments on mexican rapists, muslim ban, birther denial, gold star family bullying etc etc yada yada. Nope. Degrading a beautiful white woman. Finally people woke up. Because finally this impacts them, or their spouse, or sibling, or their child. I honestly dont think this is the worst of his offenses, but Im glad it seemed to smack people in the face.

I guess it takes more to ruffle peoples sensibilities than we thought.

quote-first-they-came-for-the-communists

• Fire 3

One of my neighbors has opted not to put a political sign in their yard (yard signs are a big deal here on the east coast) but instead has a sign with this Aldous Huxley quote, "Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."

I like that it's open to interpretation.

• Fire 1

Am I alone here in thinking that conversation wasn't that big of a deal? Most of us have probably said equally grotesque things behind closed doors. Just because you say something in a one on one bro talk situation doesn't necessarily mean you condone it in real life.

I think he can be judged just fine by what he's said in public, and how he responded to the leak by saying "he did it first!" The leak really does nothing for me.

Am I alone here in thinking that conversation wasn't that big of a deal? Most of us have probably said equally grotesque things behind closed doors. Just because you say something in a one on one bro talk situation doesn't necessarily mean you condone it in real life.

I think he can be judged just fine by what he's said in public, and how he responded to the leak by saying "he did it first!" The leak really does nothing for me.

This was not the worst of his offenses that we know of (imo). And I wasn't at all surprised by the fact that he said it - was somewhat surprised that he wasn't smart enough to watch his words when with a stranger when he was mic'd up. The guy wasn't totally naive to filming, and tv/hollywood stuff.

Where I disagree with you strongly is you alluding to the fact that he doesn't condone it in real life. Everything we've seen from him, and heard points to him having a sincere lack of awareness about how to treat people and has shown that he has zero respect for anyone other than his children.

The same thing has crossed my mind. Trump is a loud mouth buffoon. It isn't a surprise to me that he would "brag" or even make up sexual conquests to try to impress Bush (who is much younger and more attractive and Trump would assume to have good luck with women). Trump's personality of needing to "be the man" mixed with Bush's acting like a little lap dog lapping up every word would lead to a very boorish conversation.

It did nothing for me because I decided long ago that Trump is a joke of a candidate (always have dislike him as a person). I could make that decision on policy, or lack of, alone. But the moment I really, without a doubt, realized he had to be beaten at all costs was when he actually referenced the size of his penis on a Presidential debate stage.

In my opinion, I don't think it is as big of a deal as some are making it. He never admitted grabbing a "pu@@y". But, if people are going to be disgusted enough to bring him down, then I will back away as people start stomping on his neck.

This was not the worst of his offenses that we know of (imo). And I wasn't at all surprised by the fact that he said it - was somewhat surprised that he wasn't smart enough to watch his words when with a stranger when he was mic'd up. The guy wasn't totally naive to filming, and tv/hollywood stuff.

Where I disagree with you strongly is you alluding to the fact that he doesn't condone it in real life. Everything we've seen from him, and heard points to him having a sincere lack of awareness about how to treat people and has shown that he has zero respect for anyone other than his children.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. He has the temperament and maturity of a 14 year old boy. I just don't give two toots about privately recorded conversations between two people. Same as the Bo tapes. Yeah he said it, but it wasn't meant for mass consumption. It wasn't thought out, and there were other emotions behind it. We all speak differently in private than we do to an audience.

That being said... it's not something I would ever say. When I was younger sure I talked liked that, but now that I'm older and slightly more mature (some might disagree :P) that's just a line too far. Yeah I like a good dirty joke, but come on man... even if you said it, have the balls to own it the first time around and apologize.

• Fire 1

It's completely reasonable to think he's full of sh*t, because he usually is. This conversation would mean less if it did not open up the floodgates to loads of stories from women claiming Trump actually acted like this.

There's this story from the Times written in May. At the time, I thought it was eye-opening, but it was written off by the Trump campaign as biased media, as he touted the many women he'd employed while decrying the few obviously biased women with a bone to pick.

Seems pretty accurate in hindsight. They're running another story today about a woman who said he assaulted her with her SO in the next room, IIRC.

And then the Stern tapes where he brags about using his power to proposition or bang contestants? In that regard-- using his power-- he's no better than AIles.

• Fire 1

I agree, dude. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a big deal because it was "just talk", but more to say it wasn't a big deal compared to the rest of his candidacy. Now, going forward, as these claims are reported and put in the context of his "talk", the nose dive of his campaign is going to cause one hell of a crater. The BEST crater ever! No one can do a crater like Trump....

• Fire 1