A man you can bait with a Tweet

Gotta say, some of you are hilarious. Trump is stupid and says stupid things (which this was) but he wasn't saying kill Hillary... dang, you people will grab on to anything.

Can you explain what he was trying to say? The Trump campaign's explanation that he was implying that 2nd amendment supporters could vote in sufficient numbers to keep her from being elected doesn't pass muster as he was clearly describing what would happen after she had been elected.

Well, considering he said before the "2nd amendment" portion that there was nothing we could do, the plausible explanation is just what they said.. That if enough 2nd amendment people got together we could make a change. Why is that hard to believe?

I know people are just looking for anything to grab on to but why don't people use common sense once in a while? I would not have said it the way he did, but I sure as hell didn't think he was calling on people to kill her. That is beyond ignorant!

Seriously???

That's pretty good spin on his joke. It's clear that the crowd knew what he was joking around about.

Hillary has won. Voting doesn't do squat. She's nominating judges.....Ummm.....second amendment people.....go take care of it.

AFTER Hillary has won, what are second amendment people supposed to be doing to "take care of it"?

Spin job, why would I care to spin anything that Trump says? The guy is trying to lose but he didn't mean kill Hillary.

To the bold.. Don't the people matter anymore, or what they want?

Let me see if I understand what you think Trump is saying.

Clinton gets elected. She nominates anti-gun judges. They're in the Supreme Court now.

The people can go out and what? Vote? To make the anti-gun Supreme Court justices not be justices anymore?

Even though the NRA has put millions and millions of $ into keeping the 2nd amendment around already, and most people want it to stay around? Pro 2nd amendment rights people are already in a huge majority. If we can't stop this from happening, we're not going to undo it after it does happen except through some kind of miracle decades down the road. Unless we do what Trump is actually suggesting (as a joke)...

fair points... I still don't think that is what he meant, he opened his mouth without thinking, like he always does, no doubt about that.

I know it's not on the same level of seriousness, but it reminds me of when he said Megyn Kelly was "bleeding out of her wherever."

He didn't say she was on her period but that's what he was implying. He does similar things all the time, so I think that's why people think he meant (as a joke) that 2nd amendment people use their guns. Maybe he didn't mean to kill Clinton. Maybe he meant to revolt in general.

Which is what I believe he meant, that said he did give people ammunition, no doubt.

I mean this is supposed to be a government for the people by the people, right? Well, was anyway!

serious question.

What did you mean by the bold?

Really, you don't know what I mean? Not getting into that in this thread.

Gotta say, some of you are hilarious. Trump is stupid and says stupid things (which this was) but he wasn't saying kill Hillary... dang, you people will grab on to anything.

Can you explain what he was trying to say? The Trump campaign's explanation that he was implying that 2nd amendment supporters could vote in sufficient numbers to keep her from being elected doesn't pass muster as he was clearly describing what would happen after she had been elected.

Well, considering he said before the "2nd amendment" portion that there was nothing we could do, the plausible explanation is just what they said.. That if enough 2nd amendment people got together we could make a change. Why is that hard to believe?

I know people are just looking for anything to grab on to but why don't people use common sense once in a while? I would not have said it the way he did, but I sure as hell didn't think he was calling on people to kill her. That is beyond ignorant!

Seriously???

That's pretty good spin on his joke. It's clear that the crowd knew what he was joking around about.

Hillary has won. Voting doesn't do squat. She's nominating judges.....Ummm.....second amendment people.....go take care of it.

AFTER Hillary has won, what are second amendment people supposed to be doing to "take care of it"?

Spin job, why would I care to spin anything that Trump says? The guy is trying to lose but he didn't mean kill Hillary.

Clinton gets elected. She nominates anti-gun judges. They're in the Supreme Court now.

The people can go out and what? Vote? To make the anti-gun Supreme Court justices not be justices anymore?

Even though the NRA has put millions and millions of $ into keeping the 2nd amendment around already, and most people want it to stay around? Pro 2nd amendment rights people are already in a huge majority. If we can't stop this from happening, we're not going to undo it after it does happen except through some kind of miracle decades down the road. Unless we do what Trump is actually suggesting (as a joke)...

fair points... I still don't think that is what he meant, he opened his mouth without thinking, like he always does, no doubt about that.

I know it's not on the same level of seriousness, but it reminds me of when he said Megyn Kelly was "bleeding out of her wherever."

He didn't say she was on her period but that's what he was implying. He does similar things all the time, so I think that's why people think he meant (as a joke) that 2nd amendment people use their guns. Maybe he didn't mean to kill Clinton. Maybe he meant to revolt in general.

That's the problem though, isn't it?

Every time this happens, Trump shrugs it off with some half-assed response from his campaign about how he was "misinterpreted" or "obviously kidding" or how he's the victim of the "disgusting, dishonest liberal media," when it's abundantly clear he's just upset he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

He gets worked up that the media focuses on his gaffes instead of the less fundamentally alarming but still stupid missteps on the part of the Clinton campaign.

I think on some level, Donald and his supporters expect false equivalency from the media, where every time they focus on Trump's screw-ups, it's because they're biased against him, instead of focusing on Clinton's problems. Well, it's not that. It's because your mistakes are worse, dummy.

The fall from grace when he inevitably loses, with all this "rigged"/biased/corrupt/criminal posturing he's doing, is going to be breathtaking. Not only from Donald, but his supporters. How will they react?

Seriously???

Which is what I believe he meant, that said he did give people ammunition, no doubt.

I mean this is supposed to be a government for the people by the people, right? Well, was anyway!

serious question.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Seriously???

serious question.

Well...I asked the question because I think I know.

But....I disagree. I still think it's by and for the people but unfortunately the people are getting what they deserve due to being lazy voters and buying into crap.

In Florida yesterday Don said,

"In fact, in many respects, you know they honor president Obama. ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He's the founder of ISIS, OK? He's the founder. He founded ISIS."

He then said that the "co-founder" of ISIS was Clinton.
  • Fire 1

Seriously???

serious question.

Well...I asked the question because I think I know.

But....I disagree. I still think it's by and for the people but unfortunately the people are getting what they deserve due to being lazy voters and buying into crap.

I sure as hell hope you are not voting for Clinton after making this statement.

And I'm sure the crowd was going nuts at the amazingly profound words coming out of the mouth of a genious.

I am just shocked every morning when I read the transcripts of whatever he has done the day before. How stupid are Americans? He doesn't even talk in fully formed sentences.

And I'm sure the crowd was going nuts at the amazingly profound words coming out of the mouth of a genious.

I am just shocked every morning when I read the transcripts of whatever he has done the day before. How stupid are Americans? He doesn't even talk in fully formed sentences.

are you voting for Clinton?

Sad thing is...I'm not shocked anymore. It's just sad that so many adults have been totally shammed by this con artist.

• Fire 1

are you voting for Clinton?

It's the responsible thing to do in this situation.

• Fire 5

In Florida yesterday Don said,

"In fact, in many respects, you know they honor president Obama. ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He's the founder of ISIS, OK? He's the founder. He founded ISIS."

He then said that the "co-founder" of ISIS was Clinton.

And now today he says,

Seems like he was given a couple opportunities to clarify his comments, heck the broadcaster gave him a very generous way to back out of the statement and he doubled down. He's a fool. Transcript below:

HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.

DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.

HH: But he’s not sympathetic to them. He hates them. He’s trying to kill them.

DT: I don’t care. He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?

HH: Well, that, you know, I have a saying, Donald Trump, the mnemonic device I use is Every Liberal Really Seems So, So Sad. E is for Egypt, L is for Libya, S is for Syria, R is for Russia reset. They screwed everything up. You don’t get any argument from me. But by using the term founder, they’re hitting with you on this again. Mistake?

DT: No, it’s no mistake. Everyone’s liking it. I think they’re liking it. I give him the most valuable player award. And I give it to him, and I give it to, I gave the co-founder to Hillary. I don’t know if you heard that.

HH: I did. I did. I played it.

DT: I gave her the co-founder.

HH: I know what you’re arguing…

DT: You’re not, and let me ask you, do you not like that?

HH: I don’t. I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn’t create ISIS. That’s what I would say.

DT: Well, I disagree.

HH: All right, that’s okay.

DT: I mean, with his bad policies, that’s why ISIS came about.

HH: That’s…

DT: If he would have done things properly, you wouldn’t have had ISIS.

HH: That’s true.

DT: Therefore, he was the founder of ISIS.