A man you can bait with a Tweet

Gotta say, some of you are hilarious. Trump is stupid and says stupid things (which this was) but he wasn't saying kill Hillary... dang, you people will grab on to anything.

Can you explain what he was trying to say? The Trump campaign's explanation that he was implying that 2nd amendment supporters could vote in sufficient numbers to keep her from being elected doesn't pass muster as he was clearly describing what would happen after she had been elected.

• Fire 5

Gotta say, some of you are hilarious. Trump is stupid and says stupid things (which this was) but he wasn't saying kill Hillary... dang, you people will grab on to anything.

Can you explain what he was trying to say? The Trump campaign's explanation that he was implying that 2nd amendment supporters could vote in sufficient numbers to keep her from being elected doesn't pass muster as he was clearly describing what would happen after she had been elected.

Well, considering he said before the "2nd amendment" portion that there was nothing we could do, the plausible explanation is just what they said.. That if enough 2nd amendment people got together we could make a change. Why is that hard to believe?

I know people are just looking for anything to grab on to but why don't people use common sense once in a while? I would not have said it the way he did, but I sure as hell didn't think he was calling on people to kill her. That is beyond ignorant!

Well, considering he said before the "2nd amendment" portion that there was nothing we could do, the plausible explanation is just what they said.. That if enough 2nd amendment people got together we could make a change. Why is that hard to believe?

I know people are just looking for anything to grab on to but why don't people use common sense once in a while? I would not have said it the way he did, but I sure as hell didn't think he was calling on people to kill her. That is beyond ignorant!

Seriously???

That's pretty good spin on his joke. It's clear that the crowd knew what he was joking around about.

Hillary has won. Voting doesn't do squat. She's nominating judges.....Ummm.....second amendment people.....go take care of it.

AFTER Hillary has won, what are second amendment people supposed to be doing to "take care of it"?

• Fire 2

Seriously???

That's pretty good spin on his joke. It's clear that the crowd knew what he was joking around about.

Hillary has won. Voting doesn't do squat. She's nominating judges.....Ummm.....second amendment people.....go take care of it.

AFTER Hillary has won, what are second amendment people supposed to be doing to "take care of it"?

Spin job, why would I care to spin anything that Trump says? The guy is trying to lose but he didn't mean kill Hillary.

To the bold.. Don't the people matter anymore, or what they want?

Seriously???

Spin job, why would I care to spin anything that Trump says? The guy is trying to lose but he didn't mean kill Hillary.

Let me see if I understand what you think Trump is saying.

Clinton gets elected. She nominates anti-gun judges. They're in the Supreme Court now.

The people can go out and what? Vote? To make the anti-gun Supreme Court justices not be justices anymore?

Even though the NRA has put millions and millions of $ into keeping the 2nd amendment around already (supposedly - but it's so the gun sellers make more $), and most people want it to stay around? Pro 2nd amendment rights people are already in a huge majority. If we can't stop this from happening, we're not going to undo it legally after it does happen except through some kind of miracle decades down the road. Unless we do what Trump is actually suggesting (as a joke)...

Seriously???

Clinton gets elected. She nominates anti-gun judges. They're in the Supreme Court now.

The people can go out and what? Vote? To make the anti-gun Supreme Court justices not be justices anymore?

Even though the NRA has put millions and millions of $ into keeping the 2nd amendment around already, and most people want it to stay around? Pro 2nd amendment rights people are already in a huge majority. If we can't stop this from happening, we're not going to undo it after it does happen except through some kind of miracle decades down the road. Unless we do what Trump is actually suggesting (as a joke)...

fair points... I still don't think that is what he meant, he opened his mouth without thinking, like he always does, no doubt about that.

Seriously???

Even though the NRA has put millions and millions of $ into keeping the 2nd amendment around already, and most people want it to stay around? Pro 2nd amendment rights people are already in a huge majority. If we can't stop this from happening, we're not going to undo it after it does happen except through some kind of miracle decades down the road. Unless we do what Trump is actually suggesting (as a joke)...

fair points... I still don't think that is what he meant, he opened his mouth without thinking, like he always does, no doubt about that.

I know it's not on the same level of seriousness, but it reminds me of when he said Megyn Kelly was "bleeding out of her wherever."

He didn't say she was on her period but that's what he was implying. He does similar things all the time, so I think that's why people think he meant (as a joke) that 2nd amendment people use their guns. Maybe he didn't mean to kill Clinton. Maybe he meant to revolt in general.

Seriously???

The point of my post along with my link to Ted Nugent's video is that within his followers, there are people who either joke around about, talk about it to the point that makes me believe they wouldn't have a problem if she was knocked off.

This group seems to me to be who he was playing to with this "joke". It's pretty clear to me anyway. Was he expressly telling people to go kill her? No....but, he would be perfectly fine having the vote of the people who joke or talk about doing it.

• Fire 2

Seriously???

I know it's not on the same level of seriousness, but it reminds me of when he said Megyn Kelly was "bleeding out of her wherever."

He didn't say she was on her period but that's what he was implying. He does similar things all the time, so I think that's why people think he meant (as a joke) that 2nd amendment people use their guns. Maybe he didn't mean to kill Clinton. Maybe he meant to revolt in general.

Which is what I believe he meant, that said he did give people ammunition, no doubt.

I mean this is supposed to be a government for the people by the people, right? Well, was anyway!

Seriously???

Which is what I believe he meant, that said he did give people ammunition, no doubt.

I mean this is supposed to be a government for the people by the people, right? Well, was anyway!

serious question.

What did you mean by the bold?