A man you can bait with a Tweet

Trump's ego is tooooooo big to be anyone's fall guy. However - I could see establishment repubs and dems working together behind the scenes to help Hillary after they saw Jeb, Scott Walker & Chris Christi flame out. Rubio wasn't ready and they weren't going to even try to entertain the thoughts of outsiders like Carson and Carly and 'wacko birds' (McCain's words) Cruz and R Paul. They may figure they can live wt the status quo for 4 more years, they did it for the last 4 and survived by playing rope a dope. In 4 years Rubio and Paul Ryan will be ready to take the lead. The repubs hold on to the Senate and House as Hillary won't have long coat tails and her election wont' be seen as a change election. So the repubs could somewhat moderate Clinton's positions and maybe limit her damage on the supreme court.

Ego? Nah. Trump's biggest motivator is his pocket book. He's in debt up to his ears, and it wouldn't be the first time. There's a reason he isn't releasing his taxes.

Four years? It's a 50/50 chance that there'll even be a Republican party in four years.

• Fire 1

Trump's ego is tooooooo big to be anyone's fall guy. However - I could see establishment repubs and dems working together behind the scenes to help Hillary after they saw Jeb, Scott Walker & Chris Christi flame out. Rubio wasn't ready and they weren't going to even try to entertain the thoughts of outsiders like Carson and Carly and 'wacko birds' (McCain's words) Cruz and R Paul. They may figure they can live wt the status quo for 4 more years, they did it for the last 4 and survived by playing rope a dope. In 4 years Rubio and Paul Ryan will be ready to take the lead. The repubs hold on to the Senate and House as Hillary won't have long coat tails and her election wont' be seen as a change election. So the repubs could somewhat moderate Clinton's positions and maybe limit her damage on the supreme court.

Ego? Nah. Trump's biggest motivator is his pocket book. He's in debt up to his ears, and it wouldn't be the first time. There's a reason he isn't releasing his taxes.

Four years? It's a 50/50 chance that there'll even be a Republican party in four years.

So you think he's getting some cash from those who support Clinton is that what you are saying Knapp. If so, very interesting conspiracy theory. All though he is playing the role well. His taxes: May show he never gave what he claims to charity, maybe shows he has investment ties to Russia, and who knows, that he really isn't a successful billionaire, & maybe some Clinton Foundation cash.

You might be correct about 4 years from now - the Libertarian Party may have the hot presidential ticket by then.

Four years from now people will be more than ready for anyone but Clinton.

Unless of course Trump is still sitting around waiting to sabotage the Republicans again.

I like to think they can try harder to come up with a better candidate and unite around them next time around before it's too late.

AND sadly this isn't getting as much press, you know because he kicked a baby out of a presser, had a kid screaming profanities about Hillary at another, was busy accepting purple hearts from decorated veterans etc. But Donald (and his son) made great strides in gaining the female vote yesterday (not).

Donald Trump said he is still a fan of Roger Ailes, adding that sexual harassment charges against the ousted Fox News exec were hard for him to believe.

“I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he’s helped them,” Trump told NBC’s “Meet the Press” in an interview that aired Sunday.

“And even recently, and when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him.

and

Donald Trump says his daughter, were she a victim of sexual harassment, should "find another career or find another company"

AND sadly this isn't getting as much press, you know because he kicked a baby out of a presser, had a kid screaming profanities about Hillary at another, was busy accepting purple hearts from decorated veterans etc. But Donald (and his son) made great strides in gaining the female vote yesterday (not).

Donald Trump said he is still a fan of Roger Ailes, adding that sexual harassment charges against the ousted Fox News exec were hard for him to believe.

“I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he’s helped them,” Trump told NBC’s “Meet the Press” in an interview that aired Sunday.

“And even recently, and when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him.

and

Donald Trump says his daughter, were she a victim of sexual harassment, should "find another career or find another company"

And we have proof as to why over 80% of the women refuse to vote for him. You really have to question the sanity of the other 20%.

and

The women who have decided they are going to vote for him somehow won't be fazed by such a remark.

Trump is the gift that keeps on giving and the press loves to be on the receiving end. I'm beginning to think Trump is a Clinton plant (Ok not really)- however, can a nominee to a major political party really be this dumb :dunno . If you could draw up a candidate that would guaranty a Clinton victory that would actually make Clinton look reasonable I don't think you could have drawn up a better opponent.

I've been saying this for months. Bernie supporters think the primaries were rigged? Nuh-uh. The whole thing has been rigged from day one.

Well Knapp, here is someone who agrees wt you. He claims that the presidential run in nothing more than a huge publicity stunt to make everything Trump more marketable.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-doesnt-want-win-us-election-why-else-would-he-sabotage-his-own-campaign-1574077?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

It also goes wt the earlier article I posted on the other thread - RNC mulling over options if Trump jumps ship.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-drop-out-options/2016/08/03/id/741897/

Even Newt is jumping on Trump's recent performance:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/newt-gingrich-trump-self-destructive-226608

If there's a conspiracy -- which I doubt -- it's just as likely to be on the GOP side.

Forget the corporate welfare, voodoo economics, climate denial, immigration standstill, ACA teardown, voter ID, etc, etc, etc -- all of which came before Trump and will continue after him should this party survive -- almost *any* avatar the Republican Party trots out after him is going to seem thoroughly reasonable by comparison.

They might even win a future presidential election and make with the United States as they have done with Kansas and Louisiana et. al.

• Fire 1

and

And we have proof as to why over 80% of the women refuse to vote for him. You really have to question the sanity of the other 20%.

Their hatred for Hillary burns brighter, my friend.

I had to laugh when they interviewed people at a Trump event the other day. They asked a lot of them if they'd vote for Hillary-- nope. Unsurprisingly, their reason was shared: "She's a liar!"

Annnnnnnd.... then you turn around and vote for Trump? :facepalm: