Clinton Cash/Foundation

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-shut-down-clinton-foundation-227263

Influence peddling, 15k more 'lost' emails - the appearance of corruption seems like the SOP for another day at the office for Hillary and team.

A federal judge ordered that the State Department must review 14,900 documents discovered by the FBI as investigators probed Clinton’s use of a private email server during her four years at the agency, and he set a hearing date for next month about the “production” of such emails.

That means Clinton could be a hit by a wave of fresh emails — possibly including deleted emails the FBI recovered — right before the election.

Adding to her woes, Judicial Watch — the same conservative group who is behind that litigation — on Monday released 725 emails from Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin, some of which showed the influence peddling that flowed between the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton’s State Department.

"Even worse, this news comes on the heels of the Clinton camp falsely trying to pin her email woes on Colin Powell, raising serious questions about whether she lied to the FBI," Priebus said in a statement, referring to reporting about the former secretary of state's testimony to the FBI that Powell told her to use personal email while at the State Department. Powell has said he does not recall the conversation in question, accusing Clinton's team of "pinning" the email controversy on him.

• Fire 2

The Powell thing will amount to nothing, since neither can prove what was/wasn't said. In fact it's not relevant at all. Whether she got the idea from him telling her he did it that way or she just heard he did it that way, he in fact did it that way.

We'll see what other dumb sh#t she did with the emails.

I'm all for taking the email thing for as far as it will go. If anything else bad comes out, well, good. Hold government employees accountable. If not, well then it's just the collective right chasing their tail again. Seems to me a lot of them are far better at prosecuting Clinton than proposing real solutions for things.

Not to deflect, but... if you want to do this, look at both sides. Can someone tell me why this isn't just as shady?

Florida AG asked Trump for donation before nixing fraud case

This is a story about Trump U from months ago that mostly got ignored. We know that the Texas AG (now governor) as well as the Florida AG both did this, whereas the NY AG went forward with the case.

Clinton is being vilified for "pay to play" and "selling access". This just seems like a straight-up bribe. Why aren't Greg Abbott and Pam Bondi being crucified as well? Oh yeah, they're on your team. Seems like a double standard to me.

• Fire 3

Those of you who are backing Clinton - what do you do with this information? You can no longer keep on saying - Trump is worse. 1. He may not be worse (worse prepared for the office yes, but not worse corruption wise) 2. The election cannot be about choosing the lessor of 2 evils. There has got to be a mass movement away from Hillary towards a 3rd party candidate or the Dems need to dump Hillary and go wt Citizen Kane or Uncle Joe. Both major party candidates are too flawed to lead this country.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-donors-clinton-foundation-met-her-state-183315225--election.html

Dem party strategy: Clinton hopes to "run out the clock'. This is like the basketball team that just lost its star player and is trying to milk a 10 point lead wt 5 minutes to play. Just stall the game and hope the other team doesn't get hot. This is a bad way to elect someone. So they milk the clock and win - what does that leave us - a possible Richard Nixon type term in office - hello possible impeachment (Dems hope they better take the Senate too) Now wouldn't that be poetic justice - both Bill and Hill get impeached by the House and this time a Rep senate finishes the job on Hillary when the Dem control senate wouldn't do the same against Bill. I hope it never comes to this - I hope she never gets close to the white house.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-trump-email-strategy-227347

• Fire 1

No, Trump is still worse. He's not competent for the job at all. Period. You're saying a corrupt bus driver is worse than a person who doesn't know how to drive a bus. Clinton could be corrupt - we know this. Trump could get us killed. Literally.

And again, there are very few people "backing" Clinton on this website - in America, even. She is simply the lesser of two evils. There is nearly nothing she could do that would disprove that. No amount of leaked emails showing scandal or corruption will be worse than Trump.

People seem to be incapable of grasping how unqualified for this position Trump is. That's scary.

• Fire 5

Those of you who are backing Clinton - what do you do with this information? You can no longer keep on saying - Trump is worse. 1. He may not be worse (worse prepared for the office yes, but not worse corruption wise)

You sure as hell can. I'd prefer to have Clinton as president from jail than Trump in the White House. Plus, if she gets impeached then we have Tim Kaine, which I'm fine with.

• Fire 2

No, Trump is still worse. He's not competent for the job at all. Period. You're saying a corrupt bus driver is worse than a person who doesn't know how to drive a bus. Clinton could be corrupt - we know this. Trump could get us killed. Literally.

And again, there are very few people "backing" Clinton on this website - in America, even. She is simply the lesser of two evils. There is nearly nothing she could do that would disprove that. No amount of leaked emails showing scandal or corruption will be worse than Trump.

People seem to be incapable of grasping how unqualified for this position Trump is. That's scary.

I still gotta go with Knapp on this one TG. With Hillary, the WH is up for sale to the highest bidder. We know that, everyone knows that, foreign countries know that. But, with Trump, he is so clueless he is going to cause problems we can't even imagine.

Now......I think both are pathetic and agree with you that we should see a mass exodus from the Rs and Ds to Johnson.

But, that won't happen unless he is in the debates.

Knapp, BRB and Moirane I bow to your combined wisdom on this :worship I can agree with your conclusions - esp the statement of Knapp's that said: Clinton could be corrupt - we know this. Trump could get us killed. Literally Good analogy on the bus driver. I did note in point one of my post that Trump is worse in regards to preparation for the office - I made the difference in regards to 'corruption'. And then suggest that people steer away from both as they are both too flawed to lead. However, reality says one of them will probably be elected and the known corrupt "experienced" devil is better than the crazy inexperienced devil.

It is correct in saying that Hillary could corrupt the WH like Nixon did but we survived that, however, she is the devil that we know. We won't know what kind of trouble Trump could get us into. While I cannot stand Hillary, at least she would be 'more of the same' (that is not a good thing - time to have better - but it is what it is this time around) and we may have to 'punt' for 4 years to get someone better. I do agree and so do many others, Trump could be a real disaster.

If we deserve better (I presume that means that some conservative influences), it is on those who espouse such beliefs in Congress to provide "better." I want Republicans who provide comprehensive solutions to major issues like Zika, immigration reform, gun violence, and healthcare, rather than complaining about the Dem plans for them and following up with nothing themselves or continuing to keep them as a political football.

IIRC, Paul Ryan finally released a healthcare alternative to the ACA last month. This is good, but far overdue for as much as they've bombed on the ACA. A cursory Google of his plan turned up that apparently 24M would lose healthcare under that plan, though.

But at least it's a start. They need more actual plans like that. If Clinton is indeed corrupt and turns the WH into the world's biggest auction, let her be impeached. Until that actually happens, I'm fine supporting the person with actual plans to do anything on the issues I care about.

But at least it's a start. They need more actual plans like that. If Clinton is indeed corrupt and turns the WH into the world's biggest auction, let her be impeached. Until that actually happens, I'm fine supporting the person with actual plans to do anything on the issues I care about.

That sounds very similar to Trump supporters that say..."Hey, I know he's a jackass and says the wrong things sometimes. But, at least he is talking about issues that I care about".

As for your complaints about the GOP in congress and healthcare.....you're not going to get many arguments against what you said.

The only distinction I'd draw is that most of Clinton's plans are within the political parameters of nonpartisan sanity. You can hate things like gun control or maintaining the ACA or addressing college tuition along ideological lines, but I think most people on both sides of the aisle could agree they're mainstream, sane ideas.

There's been backlash from both sides of the aisle for some of Trump's ideas, be it a deportation force to boot out 12M illegals, the Wall©, withdrawing from NATO or strengthening ties with Russia. I'd suggest that puts such plans beyond the political pale, even if his supporters think they're entirely legitimate.

I could be seeing this too much through my lefty lens, though. :lol: