Clinton Cash/Foundation

Pretty obvious. The press in general has not shown much fervency in digging into the Foundation mess during the election cycle. The moderators at the debates barely touch on it. Chris Wallace asked a strong question in the last debate but then allowed Hillary to dance away from it without pressing her. Where are the Bob Woodwards, who said the Foundation is a scandal, for this generation. If this was a republican, the press would be on it like stink on skunk.

You mean, like how the press has covered the Trump Foundation?

What did Bob Woodward say about Trump's donation to the Florida AG?

What was Trump's answer to Chris Wallace's question -or any debate moderator's question - about that payment in the debate?

Trump is a Republican. How has the press been on his foundation "like stink on a skunk," and how roughly was Trump handled during the debates about his foundation's scandals?

And the press should be on Trumps butt for all of those things as well. I have no problem what's so ever. Trump isn't my horse in the race.

• Fire 1

The press should be handling Trump exactly the way they are. There is enough dirt there to keep an entire news room at the NYT busy for eternity.

They have touched on Hillary. But, it's like they have the attitude of..."well, she has been torn apart for 20 years so we shouldn't be too hard on her. We will mention issues in news casts but we aren't going to drill her and her surrogates about it much".

Proof of this is just watch any of the news channels. They will go on and on about all of the stupid things or outright criminal things Trump has done or still does. But, they just mention Hillary issues in passing.

Even in the debates when a moderator does get around to asking her about her emails, it's sort of a soft question that allows her to just give a soft easy response to and then left alone.

They both are worthless candidates that the press should be hounding constantly.

• Fire 1

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

One can ask, how does someone end up wt a net worth of $350m after 10 years when they left the WH 'poor' based on Hillary's words? Bill's salary as president was $400k. Her salary as SOS was under $200k. (as a side note: Think about that we pay football coaches 10x the president's salary. SOS salary would buy a cheap Defense coordinator But I digress) They were selling access IMHO. They took selling access to the Lincoln Bedroom to a whole new level with the Clinton Foundation.

This is based on 2 sources within the FBI. How good the sources are remains to be seen.

The real clear politics summary:

1. The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far and has been going on for more than a year.

2. The laptops of Clinton aides Cherryl Mills and Heather Samuelson have not been destroyed, and agents are currently combing through them. The investigation has interviewed several people twice, and plans to interview some for a third time.

3. Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

4. Sources within the FBI have told Baier that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.

5. FBI sources say with 99% accuracy that Hillary Clinton's server has been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that information have been taken from it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

One can ask, how does someone end up wt a net worth of $350m after 10 years when they left the WH 'poor' based on Hillary's words? Bill's salary as president was $400k. Her salary as SOS was under $200k. (as a side note: Think about that we pay football coaches 10x the president's salary. SOS salary would buy a cheap Defense coordinator But I digress) They were selling access IMHO. They took selling access to the Lincoln Bedroom to a whole new level with the Clinton Foundation.

This is based on 2 sources within the FBI. How good the sources are remains to be seen.

The real clear politics summary:

1. The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far and has been going on for more than a year.

2. The laptops of Clinton aides Cherryl Mills and Heather Samuelson have not been destroyed, and agents are currently combing through them. The investigation has interviewed several people twice, and plans to interview some for a third time.

3. Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

4. Sources within the FBI have told Baier that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.

5. FBI sources say with 99% accuracy that Hillary Clinton's server has been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that information have been taken from it.

I agree - the sources her are key. Right now with Brietbart and Fox reporting this info, and a lot of the facts coming from a book that was paid for in part by Brietbart I have my doubts ...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/lotta-bs-in-that-clinton-fdn-fbi-story

To your bolded: "Supposedly the DOJ and top FBI officials haven't let agents investigate the Clinton Foundation as much as they want to. Set aside for the moment whether that's politicized smothering of a legitimate investigation or career professionals reining in out of control agents or ones who just have their teeth too hard into a nothingburger to let go. What seems agreed is that they really haven't gotten much beyond looking at publicly available information like the Breitbart/Bannon-backed "Clinton Cash"

If that's right and no substantial investigation has happened yet, it's quite unlikely whether anyone can know whether indictments are likely. Indeed, since prosecutors don't think there's any case there, it would seem that indictments are quite unlikely - whether that's right or wrong."

• Fire 1

Wait, another anonymous FBI source?

Knock me over with a feather.

bold is funny. Got me laughing. I'll need to see if that works wt my wife. She might think I'm being a bit sarcastic.

Flying dinosaur feather or a chick a de feather?

Like I said, how valid the sources are will remain to be seen based on the outcome. However, all news outlets use 'anonymous' sources. These are pretty strong claims for FoxNews (not fox commentators like Hannity) to put on their main flagship news show. So they must have some confidence in the sources. That doesn't mean they will actually play out to be valid. Claims by "Sources" of all major press outlets aren't always 100% valid - whether anonymous or named. Fox News still isn't Brietbart or Infowars. as some would like to think. I think Brett Baier is generally respected.

• Fire 1

Isn't this new talk of indictment pretty much just what we generally understand the situation to be?

FBI, as an institution, tends to lean Republican. There are some very ticked off FBI agents that wanted Clinton brought up on charges months ago that are very interested in what the Clinton Cash guy has to say (he was paid by Breitbart to put together that stuff, mind you. Take of it what you will, but please, consider the source). They're SURE this is the one that's going to bring her down, finally, after all this time, and leak as much to the most ideologically right news networks. Meanwhile, their superiors tell them there's no case, most likely because the FBI agents doing the leaking are making a mountain out of a molehill.

At least that's how I understand it. I guess we'll wait and see. Comey's FBI does not seem to be a fun place to be right now.

Yes, I saw the above this morning. I thin Baier also walked back the indictment statement also a bit per the article below. So now we have

a battle of sources. Only time will tell. The FBI seems to be in a CYA mode right now.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/nbc-pete-williams-clinton-foundation-investigation/2016/11/03/id/756958/

Baier has stood by his reporting, though he did walk back a statement an indictment was likely in the case.

Williams said his sources disputed that as well as Baier's report it is likely five foreign actors have hacked into Hillary Clinton's private email server she used as secretary of state.

Probably not the right words, what I mean is that the FBI seems to be in big turmoil. Some agents or 'sources' want something exposed while others are saying 'nothing to see here'. If both sources are within the FBI there appears to be some real conflict.

How much - unknown for sure. But I think enough for Comey to come out wt his letter last week..

From here it seems like Fox & the alt-right are trying to stir up a lot of speculation and doubt with "anonymous FBI sources," none of which is confirmed by anyone in the FBI. When anyone else tries to confirm the Conservative story, it falls apart.

This has happened time and time again.

They'll keep doing it as long as people continue to fall for it.

• Fire 1