Nebraska mentioned as one of 5 possible landing spots for WR Tyron Johnson

I get so F'ing tired of hearing people b***** about going after five star receivers. And their argument is "we should be focusing on the lines". They are not mutually exclusive. If you have a chance at bringing someone in who makes your team better then do it.

We really should be focusing on the lines. And QB's. Excel in those two area, and you or i could be an effective receiver or running back. This is called common sense football.

I agree without good line play you're not going to be successful at anything. But because we have the attention of a lot top skill players doesn't mean we're not going after good lineman too. Adding talent to the roster at any position is never a bad thing.

Inaccurate

So I just want to check in. Are you suggesting you would prefer all of our coaches (regardless of position group) to be focusing on recruiting lines until those slots are filled?

I'm also confused as to why you think adding talent can be bad (unless they're like a clubhouse cancer...which to be fair worked out pretty well for us with LP).

LP as in Lawrence Phillips?

And yes. Clubhouse cancer is what I'm referring to. It's a double edged sword bringing in "outsiders" to situation that is already pretty good. it's all I'm saying.

yeah, I meant all our coaches focus only on olines. your literal-taking is ridiculously stupid. this is why its so hard to have legit convo with so many of you types here now. no one wants to think.

You might want to take a step back from your vitriolic nonsense. You're not presenting yourself well and I'm trying to understand what it is you're wanting. Here is my understanding of the current situation.

We're looking to take 1 QB 4-5 OL 3 DT 2 DE, and 3-4 WRs in the class. You seem to not be thrilled about us pursuing a 5* WR recruit and stated we should focus on QB and line play.

We have at QB 4* Gebbia

OL: Jaimes 3*, Sichterman 3*, Bando 3*. We're in on a few guys including Aaron Banks, probably the area where we could use the most work

DT - We have Deontre Thomas 3*. We're in on Daniels, fishing for Shelvin, have a bunch of other offers out.

DE - Porcher 3* and Thomas 4* probably done here.

WR - Johnson 4* and Mcquitty 4* - in on several big fish.

Besides having better luck at OL, what do you want? Should we not be happy about 5*s at any group giving us attention? I'm genuinely curious what you would change.

I don't disagree about the clubhouse cancer stuff. And yes I was talking about Phillips.

• Fire 2

Phillips was the farthest thing from a clubhouse cancer. it took his 3rd year, and was his only college incident. I dont know hwo old you are but you better educate yourself before debating me on this kind of stuff. Phillips was widely more liked and loved than pretty much anyone on the team. Certainly more than the godly tommie frazier.

2nd. I really dont give a sh#t how I present myself. I know what I know. im perfectly confident in that. if I cant protray a message in an understandable manner, or you cant understand, I cant help that. And I dont care. its why I dont spend much time here anymore. its a joke. this place banned most of the good ole boy discussers that actually had reading comprehension. since it's just a bunch of extreme opinionated non thinkers aside from a few. but i'm bored today so i'm going bonkers.

This topic escalated cuz you literally said I was suggesting all coaches focus on oline. You literally said that. And its not even close to what I insinutated. i dont have crayons. viotroailolol that.

First, we shouldn't be counting eggs before they hatch, or even sign LOIs. There's a lot of that going on here with respect to the future caliber of the WR corps.

Second, are we really arguing that adding a WR transfer takes away from an OL or QB?

These coaches have their heads screwed on right with the numbers game. An available scholarship is clearly sitting there, if there's legitimate interest from NU's side. And there's no 5-star (or any star) OT transfer not being pursued as a result of it. Someone mentioned before but class-wise, won't it be like he's part of Nebraska's '15 group anyway -- the year we lost a WR commit right at signing day?

• Fire 2

If we got Johnson Lewis and Calvin to round out the class to 5 wrs we should do that because theses guys are really good. I say take the best players you can get and figure out where they play later on. This guy enjoys coach Williams and this allows us to have a slight advantage on him. Not sure what Tyron is looking for but we have one of the best wrs coaches in the country and a head coach that tons of parents and coaches rave about.

• Fire 1

I get so F'ing tired of hearing people b***** about going after five star receivers. And their argument is "we should be focusing on the lines". They are not mutually exclusive. If you have a chance at bringing someone in who makes your team better then do it.

We really should be focusing on the lines. And QB's. Excel in those two area, and you or i could be an effective receiver or running back. This is called common sense football.
No you couldn't.
  • Fire 1

I think they are. Going after a talented WR transfer doesn't mean they are ignoring QB and OL/DL. They picked up Tanner Lee as a QB transfer already to go along with the two 4 star HS QBs from California.

OL recruiting has been pretty good and Parrella is starting to heat up in DL recruiting.

We have all discussed the point that we need to build up the talent level - three deep - at every position. I have never heard of the dire problems arising from teams that are too talented! Nebraska has plenty of room for talent at every position. Do we have the best QB in the Nation? The best WR? The best OL? The best LBs? The best seconday? The best anything? Arguably NOT. We certainly don't have the top three anywhere and want every great football player we can possibly recruit to become Huskers to get us back to the top where we all believe we belong!

Pretty sure if we are going after a certain QB and we remind him that we have x amount of 4/5 star WR in route that might help the close a little more than telling this QB that "you or I" will be there to run down field and drop a pass.

We should be glad that we are in the running. That's a plus. A move that shows NU is in an upward trajectory. That's a great thing. We are becoming relevant in the world of recruiting. A great thing. Didn't we have a few receivers miss dome time last year to injury? A plug and play guy is not a bad move.

I'll trust the coaches. To date, IMO, they have done a good job getting character kids here.