Sports Illustrated: Why Mike Riley sees a bright future after the Huskers' 2015 nightmare

Can someone else please explain the point RDR is trying to make?

What he's doing is minimizing the MSU win and how the Huskers finished the season while simultaneously claiming that's not what he's doing. As for what he's trying to do, who knows?

Go back and read again what was said about me vs. what I actually posted.

I didn't contradict myself.

You act like MSU knew or gave a sh#t how our season was going.

You act like it's silly to scout an opponent and evaluate their performance, strengths, and weaknesses.

You act like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record.

How, pray tell, did you infer that I'm acting like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record?

Or is this just something else you made up about me?

What he's doing is minimizing the MSU win and how the Huskers finished the season while simultaneously claiming that's not what he's doing. As for what he's trying to do, who knows?

I think he's been pretty clear: the MSU upset shouldn't count because we lost to Purdue.

Okay, glad I'm not alone in how I was taking his posts.

Seriously? You don't even understand your own posts? Do you even read entire posts and their contexts before you reply to them? Or do you always cherry pick then lose your place?

I think he's been pretty clear: the MSU upset shouldn't count because we lost to Purdue.

Seriously? You don't even understand your own posts? Do you even read entire posts and their contexts before you reply to them? Or do you always cherry pick then lose your place?

Potato

• Fire 1

Potato

:funnyhahah:thumbs

How, pray tell, did you infer that I'm acting like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record?Or is this just something else you made up about me?

Yes, totally made up. Or...

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire

LOL!

When you take partial quotes out of context, you can infer just about anything your myopic delusional heart desires.

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire that was just manhandled by the worst team in the conference

You also conveniently over looked this addendum:

Why would they?

Maybe because it was the first time in history that NU lost 6 games before November. Just lost to the worst opponent on NU's schedule, one of the worst Power Five conference teams out there. Gave up 55 points to a team that hadn't scored 50 points in the past 3 years. NU lost to a coach who had only beaten 2 FBS teams in his career at Purdue. Gained only 77 yards against the worst rush defense in the conference. The other schools look at Illinois, Northewestern, and Purdue on their schedules and laugh; but all 3 of those teams had just beaten NU, with Purdue's loss arguably being one of the most humiliating losses ever. Prior to the MSU game, the wheels had officially come off. Rock bottom, meet Nebraska. Everyone could see it. Even MSU. You may argue that we played a great game against MSU, or that MSU didn't take us lightly, but you cannot argue that there was no reason to take us lightly.

How, pray tell, did you infer that I'm acting like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record?Or is this just something else you made up about me?

Yes, totally made up. Or...

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire

LOL!

When you take partial quotes out of context, you can infer just about anything your myopic delusional heart desires.

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire that was just manhandled by the worst team in the conference

You also conveniently over looked this addendum:

Why would they?

Maybe because it was the first time in history that NU lost 6 games before November. Just lost to the worst opponent on NU's schedule, one of the worst Power Five conference teams out there. Gave up 55 points to a team that hadn't scored 50 points in the past 3 years. NU lost to a coach who had only beaten 2 FBS teams in his career at Purdue. Gained only 77 yards against the worst rush defense in the conference. The other schools look at Illinois, Northewestern, and Purdue on their schedules and laugh; but all 3 of those teams had just beaten NU, with Purdue's loss arguably being one of the most humiliating losses ever. Prior to the MSU game, the wheels had officially come off. Rock bottom, meet Nebraska. Everyone could see it. Even MSU. You may argue that we played a great game against MSU, or that MSU didn't take us lightly, but you cannot argue that there was no reason to take us lightly.

I'm still missing the part where you're not diminishing the MSU win.

It's okay to do that. Just be honest.

• Fire 2