Team Captains announced

knapplc

A guy who is suspended over Tommy?

2 offense 2 defense. Your comparison doesn't work.

Yes, lots of diversity in the choices for captains. Or not.

Go wet your bed. The HR department isn't signing off on captains. People that make everything about race disgust me. This is who the team voted for.

Ditto.

Connor Cook wasn't a captain as a senior either

Because he wasn't liked by his teammates. Hopefully this lights a fire under Tommy's butt.

Pay more attention. Tommy had a lot of votes.

Pay more attention. He was talking about Cook.
Huh? He said "Hopefully this lights a fire under Tommy's butt," implying that because Cook wasn't captain because he wasn't liked it must mean Tommy isn't liked and needs to have a fire lit under his butt. You only barely have to read between the lines to see that.

I didn't imply that at all. I answered to why Cook wasn't picked. I then stated that hopefully this slight will motivate Tommy. I'd be embarrassed if I were a senior QB and didn't get picked as an offensive captain.

So you're saying Tommy was slighted. That's almost exactly what I've been saying the whole damn time here. That's exactly why I said Tommy received a lot of votes.

Glad we got that figured out.

I knew before I opened this thread that some Husker fans would be botching about the choices.

Is anyone complaining? I see surprise that a fourth-year starting QB wasn't voted captain but I guess I don't see anyone complaining about it. :dunno

We have one person saying the captains aren't diverse and another saying Tommy needs to have a fire lit under his butt (clearly there's something wrong with a QB not named captain!111) because he wasn't made a captain.

It's okay for you to not care about these comments, fyi. Doesn't mean you need to try to tell anyone noticing them that they're imagining things. Maybe see what the people who made the comments say in response.

I think you should be the HR person for the board. I haven't seen much from you lately that isn't trying to correct someone's response to another.
I'm okay with you trying to argue that, but it doesn't apply here whatsoever. Mavric had just replied to me in similar fashion.

Why can't we respect who the players selected. They are the ones at summer workouts and practice, they know who is a leader and who may be just a cut below the level of those selected. Riley will pick one extra captain each week, likely the first one will be Armstrong.

Why can't we respect who the players selected. They are the ones at summer workouts and practice, they know who is a leader and who may be just a cut below the level of those selected. Riley will pick one extra captain each week, likely the first one will be Armstrong.

Because one of them is a bike thief?

That was 2 years ago. I'm not defending what Bando did, but he probably has grown up a lot in the past 2 years. I know I changed quite a bit from 19 to 21 years old.

Wow! a lot of faux righteous people seem to post here

I am guessing you don't live in a glass house?

I knew before I opened this thread that some Husker fans would be botching about the choices.

Is anyone complaining? I see surprise that a fourth-year starting QB wasn't voted captain but I guess I don't see anyone complaining about it. :dunno

We have one person saying the captains aren't diverse and another saying Tommy needs to have a fire lit under his butt (clearly there's something wrong with a QB not named captain!111) because he wasn't made a captain.

It's okay for you to not care about these comments, fyi. Doesn't mean you need to try to tell anyone noticing them that they're imagining things. Maybe see what the people who made the comments say in response.

So even after see what they say in response you still won't admit that you assumed wrong.

But please continue to lecture the rest of us.