Team Captains announced

knapplc

I knew before I opened this thread that some Husker fans would be botching about the choices.

Is anyone complaining? I see surprise that a fourth-year starting QB wasn't voted captain but I guess I don't see anyone complaining about it. :dunno

We have one person saying the captains aren't diverse and another saying Tommy needs to have a fire lit under his butt (clearly there's something wrong with a QB not named captain!111) because he wasn't made a captain.

It's okay for you to not care about these comments, fyi. Doesn't mean you need to try to tell anyone noticing them that they're imagining things. Maybe see what the people who made the comments say in response.

So even after see what they say in response you still won't admit that you assumed wrong.

But please continue to lecture the rest of us.

Immediately after saying my assumption was wrong he said Tommy was slighted. Why else would southern think Tommy was slighted other than by not getting enough votes (which is exactly what my 8 word reply was about)? That's what the entire thread is about. And I wonder what southern thinks is the reason Tommy didn't get enough votes.

This whole, weird conversation stemmed from you saying he was talking about Cook, even though he said "Tommy" in his sentence and that was the only part I was replying about.

But your reply probably stemmed from thinking my "pay attention" comment was rude which I'll agree to.

I knew before I opened this thread that some Husker fans would be botching about the choices.

Is anyone complaining? I see surprise that a fourth-year starting QB wasn't voted captain but I guess I don't see anyone complaining about it. :dunno

We have one person saying the captains aren't diverse and another saying Tommy needs to have a fire lit under his butt (clearly there's something wrong with a QB not named captain!111) because he wasn't made a captain.

It's okay for you to not care about these comments, fyi. Doesn't mean you need to try to tell anyone noticing them that they're imagining things. Maybe see what the people who made the comments say in response.

So even after see what they say in response you still won't admit that you assumed wrong.

But please continue to lecture the rest of us.

Immediately after saying my assumption was wrong he said Tommy was slighted. Why else would southern think Tommy was slighted other than by not getting enough votes (which is exactly what my 8 word reply was about)? That's what the entire thread is about. And I wonder what southern thinks is the reason Tommy didn't get enough votes.

This whole, weird conversation stemmed from you saying he was talking about Cook, even though he said "Tommy" in his sentence and that was the only part I was replying about.

But your reply probably stemmed from thinking my "pay attention" comment was rude which I'll agree to.

I said he was talking about Cook because he was, in fact, talking about Cook, as he explained in Post #27.

You assumed that by him saying Cook wasn't liked by his teammates that he was implying the same about Tommy, thus your reply about Tommy getting a lot of votes. He said "Tommy" in the same post, not in the same sentence. There can be other reasons that Tommy wasn't voted as a captain other than his teammates not liking him. But whatever the reason was, he could use it for motivation.

I think you should be the HR person for the board. I haven't seen much from you lately that isn't trying to correct someone's response to another.
I'm okay with you trying to argue that, but it doesn't apply here whatsoever. Mavric had just replied to me in similar fashion.

Except he doesn't do it all the time. So I don't know what he has to do with it?

Maybe I'm still sour from the Illinois game 2 years ago when it comes to you.

I think you should be the HR person for the board. I haven't seen much from you lately that isn't trying to correct someone's response to another.
I'm okay with you trying to argue that, but it doesn't apply here whatsoever. Mavric had just replied to me in similar fashion.

Except he doesn't do it all the time. So I don't know what he has to do with it?

I'm saying Mavric was replying to myself and BigRedBuster similarly, so I don't see the issue in my replying to "someone's response to another."

Why do you remember so far back? That's just weird. I guess I was really annoying that day 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about. I have an argument with someone on here and a month later I don't recall/care and I'm fine with talking to them.

Edit: I had to look. THIS is what you remembered? I disagree with someone and was sarcastic. Not sure why it's such a big deal you still remember it.

Someone: Why are our starters still out there? Illinois is not putting up 24 in 9 min

Moiraine: So we can run up the score and still make the playoffs after we lose our 1st game!

Coach Power'T: Lol. so dumb. I feel so juvenile replying to this but good grief. You know nothing. Seriously.

They just said on the radio that Frazier and Frost weren't captains there senior year either. I'm too lazy to verify.

Time to move on for those of you making this something it isn't. This will get more discussion in Nebraska than the number of dead people that vote in PA in November.

It's well known that Frazier and Frost weren't captains as seniors.

Although TF was a great leader, he was also a complete a-hole who wasn't liked by a lot of his teammates. Plus a lot of players though Berringer should have been the starting QB, so that didn't help Frazier's cause.

Frost was a cocky guy who rubbed teammates the wrong way during his transfer season of '95 and who pissed off a lot of people for trying to date Kate McKewon and indirectly causing the LP situation.

In the 80s and 90s, the offensive captains were usually linemen and not too often skill players.

I'm saying Mavric was replying to myself and BigRedBuster similarly, so I don't see the issue in my replying to "someone's response to another."

Why do you remember so far back? That's just weird. I guess I was really annoying that day 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about. I have an argument with someone on here and a month later I don't recall/care and I'm fine with talking to them.

Edit: I had to look. THIS is what you remembered? I disagree with someone and was sarcastic. Not sure why it's such a big deal you still remember it.

Someone: Why are our starters still out there? Illinois is not putting up 24 in 9 min

Moiraine: So we can run up the score and still make the playoffs after we lose our 1st game!

Coach Power'T: Lol. so dumb. I feel so juvenile replying to this but good grief. You know nothing. Seriously.

I have a crazy memory. For whatever reason that day stuck with me when it comes to you. I'm not sure that's what it was that made me uptight. I think it was a culmination of what you were saying that day. It was a long time ago so I don't remember that specific post being the one to set me off. I thought I was much more harsh than that.

The reason I remember it, is because everyone jumped me for saying something...

A guy who is suspended over Tommy?

2 offense 2 defense. Your comparison doesn't work.

Connor Cook wasn't a captain as a senior either

Not comparable, Cook wasn't a four year starter. It is interesting though.

Cook started for 3 years, so it is mostly comparable.
I agree but Tommy is four years. Then again if we have a season like MSU did last year with a non captain senior web I'll take it!

2 offense 2 defense. Your comparison doesn't work.

Connor Cook wasn't a captain as a senior either

Not comparable, Cook wasn't a four year starter. It is interesting though.

Cook started for 3 years, so it is mostly comparable.
I agree but Tommy is four years. Then again if we have a season like MSU did last year with a non captain senior web I'll take it!

Tommy has thus far started 33 games in his career, about 2.75 years. Connor Cook had started....I think 28 games going into his senior year, and was a much better quarterback than Tommy has been. What exactly isn't comparable? I'm confused.

If your'e talking about Gerry, isn't the suspension for a bs targeting call in the bowl game?

It's for something that happened during the off season. Gerry's hit was in the first half (barely) so by rule he wouldn't be suspended for the next game.