LJS: 50 Memorable Husker Moments

Mavric

You never forget the first time you hear and see the tunnel walk live, I had the benefit of it being a night game.

Too bad it was in 2008 against Mizzou.

I was at the very first game the tunnel walk was used, UCLA Sept. 17, 1994. That was the first season with the replay screens and the tunnel walk.

Me too. Gameday crew was there, and I remember the student section calling out Corso and Herbstreit on the sidelines until they came over and acknowledged the section (to much cheering). I thought for sure Tommie was going to win the Heisman after that game... then the blood clot.

You never forget the first time you hear and see the tunnel walk live, I had the benefit of it being a night game.

I was at the very first game the tunnel walk was used, UCLA Sept. 17, 1994. That was the first season with the replay screens and the tunnel walk.

Me too. Gameday crew was there, and I remember the student section calling out Corso and Herbstreit on the sidelines until they came over and acknowledged the section (to much cheering). I thought for sure Tommie was going to win the Heisman after that game... then the blood clot.

Maybe you're thinking of Craig James? Herbstreit didn't start on GameDay until '96.

Maybe you're thinking of Craig James? Herbstreit didn't start on GameDay until '96.

Craig James got the nickname of Mayor of O Street after he partied in Lincoln after the 1994 NU-CU game.

You're probably right.

Craig James got the nickname of Mayor of O Street after he partied in Lincoln after the 1994 NU-CU game.

I saw Sean McDonough on O Street after the BYU game last year. It was like 3:30am, and there was a mini "riot" breaking out. I was the only white person I could see anywhere, until all the sudden I spot McDonough walking towards me heading the opposite direction in khaki cargo shorts and a big polo. He just gave me a sheepish little grin and nod as he walked by. Really weird.

I saw Sean McDonough on O Street after the BYU game last year. It was like 3:30am, and there was a mini "riot" breaking out. I was the only white person I could see anywhere, until all the sudden I spot McDonough walking towards me heading the opposite direction in khaki cargo shorts and a big polo. He just gave me a sheepish little grin and nod as he walked by. Really weird.

I am sure those college announcers hate that everyone has a camera on their phone and the rise of social media now. They want the good old days where they can hit the local watering hole or three, call the production assistant to drive them back to their hotel, and then fly back home the next day.

Of course, it won't be too long before most college games are announced by a crew in a studio, and not actually at the game.

I am sure those college announcers hate that everyone has a camera on their phone and the rise of social media now. They want the good old days where they can hit the local watering hole or three, call the production assistant to drive them back to their hotel, and then fly back home the next day.

Of course, it won't be too long before most college games are announced by a crew in a studio, and not actually at the game.

why can't they? I mean I don't think people are going to hate on someone for going to a bar after a football game?

Fact, Craig James killed his first hooker that night.

I saw him with Davison at gate 25 maybe that night, I don't remeber exactly. I think Sean likes to have a good time.

Fact, Craig James killed his first hooker that night.

I saw him with Davidson at gate 25 maybe that night, I don't remeber exactly. I think Sean likes to have a good time.

Who's Davidson?

why can't they? I mean I don't think people are going to hate on someone for going to a bar after a football game?

Yes, but if the announcer has 1 or 2 too many, there are going to be people who will blast it out on the interweb for all to see. There is no privacy anymore.