Did We Do Enough to....

ScottyIce

We have to earn a top 25 ranking. If we end up going 3-0 by beating Oregon, then I see us being considered in the top 25.

I say we get ranked at 24 or 25. We put a whooping on Fresno. Too bad it wasn't a hundred points like all you would like lol.

The team played very physical. The only downfall was penalties and a blocked punt. This team will only get better each week, and I expect Coach Riley to get the penalties cleaned up.

Mike Riley teams have almost always been heavily penalized. I don't know if he will be able to "clean it up".

The penalties from last night are VERY easy to clean up. It's a matter of whether our guys can mentally do it. Has nothing to do with Riley, TBH.

It's a fact that Riley's teams have always been highly penalized. It happened at Oregon State. It happened last year. It happened last night. Something will have to drastically change to flip that trend.

I thought only 1 procedural penalty called, is a good sign.

Looking at games like Northwestern vs. Western Michigan, there is no reason to sulk about "only" winning by 33 points. Sure we have to clean up some things, but I think we'll get it done. No ranking this week, but if we punish Wyoming, and enough upsets happen next week, I don't see why not.

EDIT: After looking at the penalty discussion, we cannot afford to get stupid penalties like "5 men in the backfield" in bigger games. Stupid penalties definitely need to be cleaned up.

• Fire 2

IMO these things should happen in polls. Not sure if there are enough teams falling out of polls after this week to get in. Our week to get in will be to steal Oregons spot.

Major Drop:

Tennesee

LSU

UCLA

Drop:

TCU

Oklahoma

UNC

Clemson

Risers into Top 25:

Wisconsin

Texas A&M unfortunately

If you do the math, there is not room for us and I am OK with that. Beat Oregon and get to 3-0 and we will be in. You forgot USC...they are out of the top 25 now. Notre Dame will drop but stay in. Tenn will also drop as you said...to me they were the most undeserving of their ranking and it showed. Texas is likely now in. So if you move three in (Wisky, aTm, and TX) then USC is definitely out...UNC is out...and maybe UCLA gets bumped out too. They lost in OT on the road but the other three I mentioned are 1-0 with good wins.