2016-17 Season Notes

Mavric

This appears to be an exaggeration of what Miles actually said - unless he said it off-Twitter - but if it was true I guess if it is true we'll see what constitutes "progress."

Fairly similar to Mile's own tweets I posted in the Miles on the Hot Seat thread.

Yeah, those were the ones that I saw as well. I didn't recall them setting a time-frame on the hiatus but reading them again I guess it did kind of say that.

• 2 weeks later...

Iowa and NW are no slouches... but if we can take care of business at home, we might actually be looking at a ranked basketball team next week.

I dont think so. Even if we start 4-0 our loss to Gardner Webb will be too much... We would only be 10-6 and in the current top 25 the worst loss amount was 3...

I get we had a tough Non-conference, but we didnt win any of those games so doesnt say much.

Yes, it's crazy to ask the question this early on. What's the magic number of wins for Nebraska to probably make the tourney? Obviously depends on the quality of wins but with our strength of schedule, would a 16 win (10-6 conference) Nebraska make it in?

i have to imagine so. this team will continue to hit highs and lows but the good news is in the B1G this year every single team is beatable and we've seen that so far with us winning @ MD and @ Indiana

It will come down to us defending our home court. It's crucial our fans turn out and support this squad, they deserve it after the start to conference play. I was pleasantly surprised by the win on Sunday but this is where it becomes tough for a young team that is tasting success for the first time- finding the ability to sustain it.

IF Nebraska is going to make the tournament, home games against Iowa and Northwestern are games that the team needs to win. That is what tournament teams do.

For us to get to 10-6 I think we need to win 8 of the following 10 conference games IMO:

vs Iowa

vs Northwestern

vs Ohio State

@ Rutgers

@ Northwestern

@ Iowa

Penn State

vs Illinois

@ Minnesota

vs Michigan

Games that I think aren't very likely for us to win:

@ Michigan

vs Purdue

vs Michigan State

vs Wisconsin

@ Ohio State

@ Michigan State

win 8 of 10 from the first group and sneak 1 or 2 from that second group and I don't see how you can possibly keep NU out. Our RPI will only continue to rise as we win and the rest of our out of conference schedule continues to win. Bottom line, win the games you're supposed to and steal 1 or 2 more and the rest takes care of itself

• Fire 1

My main concern is with Tourney talk the team loses that chip on their shoulder.

Glynn Watson is the most complete player to play at Nebraska in many years. Petteway was a beast, but Watson has a higher ceiling in my opinion.

We need other guys to help take some of the burden off him but overrall this team is showing off the talent we knew Miles was recruiting.

Still nervous if they can keep this up. Webster played 49 minutes tonight... that isnt easy.