Thank you Coach Mike Riley

BoNeyard

I will have more to post in this thread later, but at this time my emotions are so high I don't think I have the hand muscle coordination to type it all. I will get this out there though, although I was extremely skeptical and critical of Coach Riley and his staff last season, I can't thank him enough for what he has done so far this season. The entire team looks improved, and the future looks extremely bright with incoming recruits. Not to mention how big of a recruiting weekend this probably was, and those guys who visited probably loved the environment, not to mention Lincoln is probably the most fun place to be right now.

Thank you coach Mike Riley for proving me wrong.

GO BIG RED!!!

• Fire 7

I will have more to post in this thread later, but at this time my emotions are so high I don't think I have the hand muscle coordination to type it all. I will get this out there though, although I was extremely skeptical and critical of Coach Riley and his staff last season, I can't thank him enough for what he has done so far this season. The entire team looks improved, and the future looks extremely bright with incoming recruits. Not to mention how big of a recruiting weekend this probably was, and those guys who visited probably loved the environment, not to mention Lincoln is probably the most fun place to be right now.

Thank you coach Mike Riley for proving me wrong.

GO BIG RED!!!

Love that you are not opposed to admitting you were quick to judge.

I'm psyched that all the patience and focus this staff has put in over the last two years is starting to pay off on game days. I'm sure it's been difficult at times to avoid the negativity from the fans. I'm a firm believer of "do the right thing and good things will happen" and I believe strongly in the character that Riley has and has surrounded these young men with. They are lucky to play for him, and we are lucky to have him in Nebraska. It feels like (to me) that he's always been a Husker.

• Fire 4

It's so refreshing to see the coach remain calm and collected in critical situations. It's paying huge dividends with the players not giving up and keeping their composure. This team won't quit and that is a huge testament to the coaches.

I'm not going to go overboard though, Langs and Banker have to get a bit better at recognizing what is working and go that direction a bit more. It was a great win but I felt it could've been a little surer thing with a tad more rushing and more blitzing. But maybe those things worked as well as they did because we didn't over utilize them...IDK. Maybe I'm just gun shy from previous years. Probably take a few more like this before I don't expect things to go wrong at the last minute.

• Fire 2

You're an emotional wreck, bro. Previously in the game thread:

Unbelievable opportunities to win this game. Just countless opportunities to win.

This is why I would have preferred a blow out. At least you dont go back to each and every blown opportunity on how you could have won.

This is f'ing football. You're a fan. Enjoy the f'ing game and chill the f#*k out.

It's so refreshing to see the coach remain calm and collected in critical situations. It's paying huge dividends with the players not giving up and keeping their composure. This team won't quit and that is a huge testament to the coaches.

I'm not going to go overboard though, Langs and Banker have to get a bit better at recognizing what is working and go that direction a bit more. It was a great win but I felt it could've been a little surer thing with a tad more rushing and more blitzing. But maybe those things worked as well as they did because we didn't over utilize them...IDK. Maybe I'm just gun shy from previous years. Probably take a few more like this before I don't expect things to go wrong at the last minute.

I thought the game was a really, really good back and forth chess match between both coaching staffs. When things didn't work for us, I attribute that as much to Oregon's credit as I do to our detriment, if not moreso.

• Fire 2

You put young people around people with character, you develop it in those kids. We may not have the greatest coach in college football, but I truly can not think of one I would rather have to represent Nebraska.

We have seen improvement since the Purdue game, every game, every day. We really can't ask for more. This program is headed in a far better direction than it took on 8 years ago. We have real leadership, that cares about Nebraska, the players and I think the fans.

A great college football game. Proud of the kids and so happy for Coach Riley and his staff.

• Fire 1

Clearly encouraging results. It appears the staff has taught this team how to handle adversity being down by 2 scores as they were. Now we will see if they can teach this team how to handle success as well. Really happy for MR. I would really like to see him succeed here. However, as I am sure he will tell the team, this is only one game. It won't matter unless you keep improving.

This was without question the best win for the Huskers in several years. Not so much because we defeated an elite program or knocked off a top ranked team. We didn't really. But, it was a key win in the first half of the season for several critical reasons:

1. We needed the confidence boost to defeat a 'name' program.

2. This kept the season going clearly in the right direction. Had we lost, then we'd be, yet again, the 'also ran' (other) program that maybe gets a footnote of attention by the national media types.

3. This team did not play 'great' by any means and in my view showed that we can play well for most of a game and still compete with a top twenty five level opponent. There is plenty of upside left in this team and we are getting better but the best part of that is we can get much better yet this year.

4. The offensive line is starting to gel and I suspect is gaining confidence day by day, week by week. Last year's line got much better by the end of the year. This line is showing signs with series of plays where we are controlling the line of scrimmage again a higher quality opponent, not just the bottom dwellers.

In other news....................... Youngstown State led by former Coach Buffoon Pelini and his brother Butt Munch Pelini beat Robert Morris 38-6. Many players were yelled at. Many refs were yelled at. The media was treated rudely. And I did not give a s###. ............................neither does the rest of the college football world.

In other news....................... Youngstown State led by former Coach Buffoon Pelini and his brother Butt Munch Pelini beat Robert Morris 38-6. Many players were yelled at. Many refs were yelled at. The media was treated rudely. And I did not give a s###. ............................neither does the rest of the college football world.

Thanks for sharing...

If anyone has followed Oregon football in the last decade you realize how rare it is that a team comes back from being down 20-7 and win. Usually at that point, Oregon gets all the momentum and turns on the jets and buries you.

Maybe the most refreshing thing about this game was Riley's decisions. From going for it on 4th down early, and then late in the game on that 4th and 9. He knew exactly what type of decisions needed to be made to win this game vs Oregon.