QB Draw

Next year is going to be rough. And yes, we'll miss having a dual threat QB. That is our identity. Tommy Frazier, Turner Gill, Scott Frost, Eric Crouch.

First and foremost, we like to win. But next on that list is we like to see a dominant run game, which includes seeing our QB run for 200+ yards a game.

You guys remember Joe Ganz and Zac Taylor? Those guys were studs. But they were tarnished by the Callahan Era. We have the most nostalgic fan base, and part of the nostalgia is a running QB.

With TA at the helm, our offense is always going to incorporate the QB run game if it is operating at peak efficiency. He's just not really a guy who can maximize this offense without use of his legs.

But I was never really an advocate for heavy zone read usage with him. TA is a tough son of a gun, but we all saw Saturday that even he gets worn down after a while. Luckily it was just cramping. I was afraid he really got injured.

That is my fear if they lean too heavily on the zone read. If we ran that 15, 20 times a game, I don't think TA would stay healthy very long. And then everything is all funked up.

But what we saw Saturday was scintillating. They sprinkled it in just the right amount, some by design and some impromptu, and it eventually took down the Ducks.

Next year is going to be rough. And yes, we'll miss having a dual threat QB. That is our identity. Tommy Frazier, Turner Gill, Scott Frost, Eric Crouch.

First and foremost, we like to win. But next on that list is we like to see a dominant run game, which includes seeing our QB run for 200+ yards a game.

You guys remember Joe Ganz and Zac Taylor? Those guys were studs. But they were tarnished by the Callahan Era. We have the most nostalgic fan base, and part of the nostalgia is a running QB.

Vince Ferragamo and Brook Berringer were studs also

Agree - it will be interesting to see what impression TA will leave on these guys if he has the year that it looks like he may. One thing about these guys (win or lose) they have been very flexible in the play calling over the past 15 years.

Riley and his staff are flexible in how they call their plays in terms of run/pass mix. However, I don't see them recruiting dual-threat QB's who would run the ball nearly as much as Tommy. After this year, I would be shocked if we see designed QB run plays more than 2-3 times a game.

I agree they won't recruit a TA2, however every experience in life has an effect on the future - just be interesting to see how this all plays out.

• Fire 1

I

Uh hello Jamaal Lord!!!

I didn't know where else to post this, but Langsdorf/Riley must've seen something :lol:

https://twitter.com/DanRubenstein/status/779000120335536128

I'm actually assuming TA is the one who saw it and was able to take advantage of it.

RPO, man. It's killer.

The RPO is a huge part of Baylor's offensive scheme, and it's been copied all over college football. Many teams will utilize RPO's in an uptempo, no-huddle setting and have the same play call multiple times in a row.