Best non con win since...?

shyndy

I was thumbing through the results of the past years and if I'm not mistaken this is the first time we have beaten a ranked opponent in non conference play (not looking at bowl games) since okie state in 2003. Is that right or am I missing something? Obviously we only have been scheduling one quality opponent in noncon a year and then they don't always end up being ranked, but I think something that makes this feel good is the losses to teams like VA Tech, UCLA, USC, etc. for quite a few years.

• Fire 1

The timing of this win couldn't be better. They won't be overlooking anyone and can really build off this before they go to Wisconsin and Ohio St. They should be able to get to 7-0 and then who knows. Wisconsin didn't look great today.

Ohio St is legit though. I hope they manage to drop a couple games and fall out of the east. Everyone else looks beatable.

The timing of this win couldn't be better. They won't be overlooking anyone and can really build off this before they go to Wisconsin and Ohio St. They should be able to get to 7-0 and then who knows. Wisconsin didn't look great today.

Ohio St is legit though. I hope they manage to drop a couple games and fall out of the east. Everyone else looks beatable.

I want OSU to be undefeated when we play them. Although if we win I don't want to face them again in the championship.

Fully expect Michigan to beat them and win the East.

And if this team can get through to tOSU unscathed...I do think we've got a good enough offense to hold serve and win at tOSU. Not sure about our defense though.

Best non-conference win since the 2013 Gator Bowl (NU wasn't favored)

NU was a three point favorite today despite being unranked.

So it's kind of a misleading stat -- only 4 non-conference regular season games vs. ranked teams since 2001

• 2006 at USC,
  • 2007 USC,
  • 2009 at Virginia Tech,
  • 2013 UCLA

In that time there have been 3 bowl wins vs. ranked teams 2005 Michigan, 2009 Arizona, 2013 Georgia.

So it's a nice spin job by the SID to frame this as The. Greatest. Win. Ever.

• Fire 1