Prime for a letdown?

Can we stop with the tall grass talk?

MR press conference said something like that .... "tallest grass I've ever seen"

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/05/northwestern-stadium-grass-is-ankle-deep-and-wet/

Northwestern is currently up 20-10 on Ohio State at half-time. The Buckeyes haven’t been able to get anything going offensively. Perhaps the ankle deep grass at Ryan Field is slowing them down

MR press conference said something like that .... "tallest grass I've ever seen"

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/05/northwestern-stadium-grass-is-ankle-deep-and-wet/

Northwestern is currently up 20-10 on Ohio State at half-time. The Buckeyes haven’t been able to get anything going offensively. Perhaps the ankle deep grass at Ryan Field is slowing them down

I get it but...here me out...

If the tall grass makes a guy that runs a 4.6 start running a 4.9 doesn't it also make a guy that runs a 4.9 run a 5.2?

So, if the OSU players were slower than they usually are on turf...aren't the NW players also slower?

If the tall grass makes a guy that runs a 4.6 start running a 4.9 doesn't it also make a guy that runs a 4.9 run a 5.2?

So, if the OSU players were slower than they usually are on turf...aren't the NW players also slower?

I think equalized speed. NW theory.

Anyway, I'm still worried about NU vs. Purple. Yes, Huskers won, 38 to 17 in 2014 game but misleading score. Most of the game, Huskers was losing or tied until 4th quarter rally ...... and escape dreaded turnover(s). Nate Gerry^^^ diving pick at NW endzone awarded MVP (IMO)

^^^ biased ... Nate and me was the same high school, Sioux Falls Washington Warriors

northwestern-grass.jpg?w=432&h=576

I have always thought this as well. It only makes sense to me. All players are slowed down, so why does it make a difference?

I never have understood the concept of taller grass to slow down the faster team.

I have always thought this as well. It only makes sense to me. All players are slowed down, so why does it make a difference?

I never have understood the concept of taller grass to slow down the faster team.

Because it is not a real thing.

People like to pretend like it is but it clearly would impact both teams the same exact way.

People like to pretend like it is but it clearly would impact both teams the same exact way.

I don't really think it makes that much of a difference.

But the theory is that it will slow the "speed" team down while the "power" team won't be affected. Since they're moving slower but with more power, they aren't affected as much.

It's probably true to some extent. It would be harder to run in long grass. But I think that extent is basically negligible.

• Fire 1

I don't really think it makes that much of a difference.

But the theory is that it will slow the "speed" team down while the "power" team won't be affected. Since they're moving slower but with more power, they aren't affected as much.

It's probably true to some extent. It would be harder to run in long grass. But I think that extent is basically negligible.

There it is.

i don't put a lot of faith in Johnnys predictions. remember this from the fresno state discussion thread? post #817. wish i knew how to quote it to this thread

"As for "entitlement," we'll see how you are feeling after we lose to Oregon and NW back-to-back. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread so that we can revisit then."

In this case, I have absolutely zero problem with my predictions being wrong.

However, there are some people out there who have expressed similar concern

[LINK]http://huskerdoctalk.podbean.com/e/2016-episode-9-the-trap-gamenorthwestern/[/LINK]

They'll play hard and it'll be a fantastic game. We just came off a thrilling win against a good ranked team and showed tremendous improvement and I think they'll be riding that momentum, not getting caught up in it.

Also, it feels good to get a really respectable win after the last few games Pelini's tenure, a hire that some felt was underwhelming, and all of those frustrating miscues and close losses last year. A lot of us fans were just miserable throughout so much of that and we're 3-0 heading into big ten play with a real shot at going 7-0 if we keep showing improvement.

Don't mean to bring up the past but I'm a senior at USC (college football's biggest dumpster fire at the moment) and apparently an O-linemen just punched Clay Helton in the face and a mass exodus of transfers is expected in the coming days. It felt so good to think that the Huskers survived the new coach/transfer period and are playing the way they're capable of playing. GBR! Can't wait!