Prime for a letdown?

i don't put a lot of faith in Johnnys predictions. remember this from the fresno state discussion thread? post #817. wish i knew how to quote it to this thread

"As for "entitlement," we'll see how you are feeling after we lose to Oregon and NW back-to-back. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread so that we can revisit then."

In this case, I have absolutely zero problem with my predictions being wrong.

However, there are some people out there who have expressed similar concern

[LINK]http://huskerdoctalk.podbean.com/e/2016-episode-9-the-trap-gamenorthwestern/[/LINK]

This is the problem with the "doom-and-gloom" crowd. They are "happy" to be wrong (which means the Huskers are doing well) but will never miss an opportunity to say the sky is falling. #Half-HeartedFans

and if you read at the end....he was going to come back and crow about it if he was right. he was going to bookmark the thread and revisit afterwards

• Fire 1

Biggest reason for continued optimism is improved tackling leading to less big plays and less Turnovers. Tackling Oregon is a heck of a lot harder than NW so we should be fine if we align correctly and we are mentally dialed in. Just dont throw a pick 6 this year Tommy and we will be fine. We are primed to continue breaking out. GBR!!!

OK...Now I'm starting to feel better about our situation.....and....maybe now realize what the problem has been all along.

At some point in time shortly before 2004, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pit started an affair. It became public in 2005 when Jennifer Anniston filed for divorce. We have basically struggled this entire time of this relationship.

NOW....Angelina and Brad have filed for divorce. This is a sign that wrongs of the past are all starting to get righted.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

RESTORE THE ORDER!!!!!!

I like your scientific method. :D

This is the problem with the "doom-and-gloom" crowd. They are "happy" to be wrong (which means the Huskers are doing well) but will never miss an opportunity to say the sky is falling. #Half-HeartedFans

Yeah, "doom-and-gloom" is a pretty accurate description of me. Unfortunately, over the past 15 years or so, my hunches have been correct far more often than not. You'll also never see me complain following a Husker loss, because I'm mentally prepared for it. It sucks to be this way; I didn't ASK to be this way; I've just slowly progressed into this train of thought due to the numerous letdowns over the years.

However, to say that I'm alone in my feelings about this weekend would be asinine.

Courtesy of 247: "Northwestern (+7) vs. Nebraska

The Wildcats needed three weeks to pick up their first win of the year, falling to Western Michigan and Illinois State by a combined three points in their first two contests before taking down Duke at home, 24-13, this past week. The last of four consecutive home games to open its season, Northwestern now faces an unbeaten Nebraska team coming off a 35-32 victory over Oregon last Saturday. Tommy Armstrong, Jr. has scored four touchdowns for the Cornhuskers in each of their last two games but the model has Northwestern pulling the upset at home this week."

Yeah, "doom-and-gloom" is a pretty accurate description of me. Unfortunately, over the past 15 years or so, my hunches have been correct far more often than not. You'll also never see me complain following a Husker loss, because I'm mentally prepared for it. It sucks to be this way; I didn't ASK to be this way; I've just slowly progressed into this train of thought due to the numerous letdowns over the years.

However, to say that I'm alone in my feelings about this weekend would be asinine.

The Wildcats needed three weeks to pick up their first win of the year, falling to Western Michigan and Illinois State by a combined three points in their first two contests before taking down Duke at home, 24-13, this past week. The last of four consecutive home games to open its season, Northwestern now faces an unbeaten Nebraska team coming off a 35-32 victory over Oregon last Saturday. Tommy Armstrong, Jr. has scored four touchdowns for the Cornhuskers in each of their last two games but the model has Northwestern pulling the upset at home this week."

Why don't you link the model so we can see how stupid the methodology is.

• Fire 2

OK...Now I'm starting to feel better about our situation.....and....maybe now realize what the problem has been all along.

At some point in time shortly before 2004, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pit started an affair. It became public in 2005 when Jennifer Anniston filed for divorce. We have basically struggled this entire time of this relationship.

NOW....Angelina and Brad have filed for divorce. This is a sign that wrongs of the past are all starting to get righted.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

RESTORE THE ORDER!!!!!!

Slow clap.........well done.

If we keep winning We are going to get threads like these every week, aren't we?

Correct and they will be followed up with "we haven't arrived until we win 4 more games"

And the person who started the "we could lose" thread will break their arm patting themselves on the back.

Some people act like they'd rather be correct than see the team do well.

"SEE!! I TOLD YOU THEY'D LOSE."

*Generously strokes ego*

• Fire 1

When your team loses it's no problem because you expect it. When they have a big win, like against Oregon, you avoid celebrating and go immediately to the thought that they may lose the next game. Why do you follow the team close enough to join a fan message board? What a waste of time for everyone.

Also, I love that you find a prediction that says Nebraska may lose to Northwestern and use that to bolster your same thought. It is a football game, there are only two main outcomes, win or lose. The fact of the matter is the majority of predictions are for Nebraska to win, but go ahead and post a thread hours after a big win, when everyone else is celebrating that win, to predict a loss for this weekend. You are 0-1 on your Oregon/Northwestern prediction thus far. Looking forward to the 0-2 finish.

• Fire 3

It's entirely possible for this game to be closer than it should be. We are coming off a really nice win. They had a terrible start to their season and are playing at home. They are a team that doesn't often beat themselves.

But all that being said, really the only game that they've truly beaten us was 2011. Every year since then we have totally outplayed them but have usually shot ourselves in the foot enough to keep them close or lose (2014 being the one year we played like we "should" against them).

This year is no different. If we play well, we'll win handily. If we don't......