Prime for a letdown?

I could see a letdown if they were playing some totally weak team...but NW kicked the Huskers ass at home last year and has basically played the Skers pretty even.

Agreed. This Husker team wants revenge on this Puddytat squad. This team remembers what 7 losses feel like and wants to erase that.

Way to be a negative nancy. Seriously, just keep those thoughts to yourself.

I've read two articles which echo the same sentiments that I have. Wasn't attempting to be negative at all; just stating something that I've noticed numerous times over the years. I swear, some of you guys kill me -- God forbid anyone say anything even remotely gloomy about this team!

• Fire 2

Way to be a negative nancy. Seriously, just keep those thoughts to yourself.

I've read two articles which echo the same sentiments that I have. Wasn't attempting to be negative at all; just stating something that I've noticed numerous times over the years. I swear, some of you guys kill me -- God forbid anyone say anything even remotely gloomy about this team!

Ha! I know what you mean. Shoot, Husker fans were making fun of Texas fans two weeks ago for being happy...Then they get beat by Cal.

Honestly...it will not shock anyone here if Riley and his team get beat Saturday. Even Vegas knows it.

i don't put a lot of faith in Johnnys predictions. remember this from the fresno state discussion thread? post #817. wish i knew how to quote it to this thread

"As for "entitlement," we'll see how you are feeling after we lose to Oregon and NW back-to-back. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread so that we can revisit then."

• Fire 2

The same stupid penalties year after year after year. For those who don't see the writing on the wall, there's really nothing that can be said to you.

33 point win, go back to your bridge

they are angry that it was "only" a 33 point win. they are those entitled Nebraska fans we always hear about.

Is "go back to your bridge" a common saying on this board or something? Jesus, that's one of the most incredibly lame jabs I've ever seen LOL

As for "entitlement," we'll see how you are feeling after we lose to Oregon and NW back-to-back. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread so that we can revisit then.

Here's the quote.

"Remotely gloomy"? How about usually excessively gloomy.

• Fire 2

In a really weird sort of way, I'm sitting here on Monday now nervous about the Northwestern game the same way I was nervous about the Oregon game.

No, I don't see them as equal opponents.

Now....I think these coaches are telling them the right things. Even before this game, they were saying how every win makes the next game bigger. With that attitude, that should tell the team this game is a really big game this week too. It should help them focus.

..... and myself, nervous about Illini, and Hoosiers, and Purdue, and Wisky, and Buckeyes, and Gophers, and Terps, and Dirty Birds.

I'm worried about MR PAC12 history ..... big upset and then next game, letdown. I hope Mike will broken the terrible habit.

BTW, big disadvantage because Ryan stadium does not have a permanent lights. Makeshift Musco Lighting didn't cut it. You ever watched Duke vs. NW game? Very dark. NW uniforms are coal black color both pants and helmets. Why? Camouflage and concealment. Plus equalized the speed ..... tall grass and poor field maintenance.

In a really weird sort of way, I'm sitting here on Monday now nervous about the Northwestern game the same way I was nervous about the Oregon game.

Now....I think these coaches are telling them the right things. Even before this game, they were saying how every win makes the next game bigger. With that attitude, that should tell the team this game is a really big game this week too. It should help them focus.

..... and myself, nervous about Illini, and Hoosiers, and Purdue, and Wisky, and Buckeyes, and Gophers, and Terps, and Dirty Birds.

I'm worried about MR PAC12 history ..... big upset and then next game, letdown. I hope Mike will broken the terrible habit.

BTW, big disadvantage because Ryan stadium does not have a permanent lights. Makeshift Musco Lighting didn't cut it. You ever watched Duke vs. NW game? Very dark. NW uniforms are coal black color both pants and helmets. Why? Camouflage and concealment. Plus equalized the speed ..... tall grass and poor field maintenance.

uh we the last time we played there they wore black and it was under the lights. We won
  • Fire 1

Road game with more Husker fans that Cat fans: Check

NW with a statue QB: Check

NW with a gimpy RB: Check

As long as Langashan doesn't try to prove he is the smartest guy in the room this is a handjob of a game.

38-20

Is that the statue QB who ran for 126 yards and touchdown last year? ;)

• Fire 2

Road game with more Husker fans that Cat fans: Check

NW with a statue QB: Check

NW with a gimpy RB: Check

As long as Langashan doesn't try to prove he is the smartest guy in the room this is a handjob of a game.

38-20

Is that the statue QB who ran for 126 yards and touchdown last year? ;)

Yep...and there was no way that should have happened.

uh we the last time we played there they wore black and it was under the lights. We won

I know it. Just "what if" post.

Huskers 38, NW 17 (2014). However, NW led or tied at the end of 3rd quarter. Huskers rally cap.

http://www.huskermax.com/games/2014/07northwestern14.html

I know it. Just "what if" post.

Huskers 38, NW 17 (2014)

http://www.huskermax.com/games/2014/07northwestern14.html

I like that score prediction!