Serious Q's To Trump Supporters (or those on the fence for Trump)

NM11046

I think Republicans are holding on to Trump because he's their "team." People don't seem to use logic or reasoning in their political choices anymore. They've decided they're Democrat or they're Republican, and that's now their "team" and they support that team no matter what.

When the Republicans stopped representing what I believe, I stopped registering as Republican. It's too bad more people don't search their souls and evaluate their affiliation more often. I think if people were honest with themselves we would have around 10% of the voting population registered to either party and the overwhelming majority unaffiliated.

Ignorance of voting rules and the team mentality are stifling this nation.

Knapp....that is exactly right.

I have thought about this before. I have so many friends who literally treat this stuff like a sporting event. We have our team and they have theirs. We support ours no matter what.

• Fire 2

I think Republicans are holding on to Trump because he's their "team." People don't seem to use logic or reasoning in their political choices anymore. They've decided they're Democrat or they're Republican, and that's now their "team" and they support that team no matter what.

When the Republicans stopped representing what I believe, I stopped registering as Republican. It's too bad more people don't search their souls and evaluate their affiliation more often. I think if people were honest with themselves we would have around 10% of the voting population registered to either party and the overwhelming majority unaffiliated.

Good post. And yes that is the lion's share of why people vote for whom they vote for - blind party loyalty. True on both sides. Maybe if most were unaffiliated, then the 3rd party candidate would have a chance.

Good post. And yes that is the lion's share of why people vote for whom they vote for - blind party loyalty. True on both sides. Maybe if most were unaffiliated, then the 3rd party candidate would have a chance.

Yes, and that is to be desired, but we also need a viable candidate. Haven't had a viable third-party candidate in my lifetime.

Yes, and that is to be desired, but we also need a viable candidate. Haven't had a viable third-party candidate in my lifetime.

Since Lincoln????

It's very telling where we are in our country right now that people get more up-in-arms about a potty mouth than proof of complete corruption on the other side. That is, if the MSM is actually telling the truth about voter trends

I hope you don't have daughters, or nieces, or any woman in your life.

• Fire 6

Knapp....that is exactly right.

I have thought about this before. I have so many friends who literally treat this stuff like a sporting event. We have our team and they have theirs. We support ours no matter what.

Just look at the commercials for the debates. They look and sound like they are promoting a Monday Night Football game.

• Fire 1

If Trump were running against a respectable candidate, he'd be toast by now. Since he's running against the most corrupt candidate in the history of American politics, he's going to continue to stay in the race, and after last night, he ought to take the lead.

What I've been saying,

If Hillary wins Republicans have no one to blame bite themselves for nominating Trump ( well, that and the fake stories about dead people voting and voter fraud that Trump has already planted)

If Trump wins Democrats have no one to blame but themselves and the fradulant DNC for Hillary being the nominee

I have been yelling that from the roof tops. Any reasonable candidate would be beating Hillary in a land slide. But...no.....the clueless voters in the Republican party nominate the biggest fraud they could find because he says obnoxious things and they think thats cool.

I think there's a crapload of stuff that led up to the current mindset of the average Republican base voter that has obviously led them to a point where they nominate a Trump.

My ideas:

1. Fox News/Breitbart type of places --> The proliferation of right-wing media
  2. The party itself becoming less the party of personal responsibility and more the party of Screw Obama (or, to view it a bit differently, the party of No.)
  3. Corporate money influences. It's extremely damning in the eyes of Millennials when a substantial chunk of your party denies climate change and ignores something like universal background checks
  4. Subtle racist undercurrents that even if not displayed by a majority of the party, manifest themselves in very poor minority outreach (though this is definitely amplified BIG LEAGUE by the Trump effect)

Others?

I truly question whether a reasonable candidate would be beating Hillary in a landslide.

I think it would be a closer race, for sure. But if they stick to Republican orthodoxy, how on earth do they win over minorities? The educated? Minority women, educated women? With utter climate denial, a promise to renounce the Paris treaty and appoint SCOTUS justices to overturn Roe v Wade? The LGBT and Voter ID fights playing out in Republican-controlled legislatures, and Paul Ryan's latest gutting of social welfare spending? No border wall but a continued retreat from immigration reform and any semblance of that 2012 postmortem? It'd be an interesting fight, to be sure. I think it would be toughly contested.

Trump did not invent a Republican base so demographically homogenizing over the years, he simply captured it (well, a plurality of it). That the party has boxed themselves into this corner, that's been years of their own making. They've won the House semi-permanently, but they're making national elections awfully tough for them in the modern and future makeup of the United States.

I truly question whether a reasonable candidate would be beating Hillary in a landslide.

I think it would be a closer race, for sure. But if they stick to Republican orthodoxy, how on earth do they win over minorities? The educated? Minority women, educated women? With utter climate denial, a promise to renounce the Paris treaty and appoint SCOTUS justices to overturn Roe v Wade? The LGBT and Voter ID fights playing out in Republican-controlled legislatures, and Paul Ryan's latest gutting of social welfare spending? No border wall but a continued retreat from immigration reform and any semblance of that 2012 postmortem? It'd be an interesting fight, to be sure. I think it would be toughly contested.

Trump did not invent a Republican base so demographically homogenizing over the years, he simply captured it (well, a plurality of it). That the party has boxed themselves into this corner, that's been years of their own making. They've won the House semi-permanently, but they're making national elections awfully tough for them in the modern and future makeup of the United States.

You're viewing this as a Democrat instead of trying to view it as a neutral party. A lot of those things you mentioned as bad are good to a lot of people. You can be incredulous all you want at that fact, but it is a fact. I think it's crazy too. I have FB friends who hate Trump but are staunch Republicans. They just can't vote for him because he's stupid, racist and sexist. Even though they're anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro trickle-down economics, think evolution is fake, climate change is fake, science is the devil, etc.

It took an extremely special candidate in Trump for the Democrats to get 12 straight years as president, assuming Clinton's lead holds. She's not as bad as she's made out to be and I think sexism plays a part in the attacks on her but I've never really liked her or Bill and wish she wouldn't have won the nomination.

Well, I do think it would be a close race. I just do not see "automatic blowout." It would take some pretty extraordinary numbers in surprising demographics for it not to be at least competitive. Even if the Democratic nominee is an uninspiring but pre-eminent member of their field, I cannot see a landslide the other way.

If Trump were running against a respectable candidate, he'd be toast by now. Since he's running against the most corrupt candidate in the history of American politics, he's going to continue to stay in the race, and after last night, he ought to take the lead.

What I've been saying,

If Hillary wins Republicans have no one to blame bite themselves for nominating Trump ( well, that and the fake stories about dead people voting and voter fraud that Trump has already planted)

If Trump wins Democrats have no one to blame but themselves and the fradulant DNC for Hillary being the nominee

I have been yelling that from the roof tops. Any reasonable candidate would be beating Hillary in a land slide. But...no.....the clueless voters in the Republican party nominate the biggest fraud they could find because he says obnoxious things and they think thats cool.

I think there's a crapload of stuff that led up to the current mindset of the average Republican base voter that has obviously led them to a point where they nominate a Trump.

My ideas:

2. The party itself becoming less the party of personal responsibility and more the party of Screw Obama (or, to view it a bit differently, the party of No.)
  3. Corporate money influences. It's extremely damning in the eyes of Millennials when a substantial chunk of your party denies climate change and ignores something like universal background checks
  4. Subtle racist undercurrents that even if not displayed by a majority of the party, manifest themselves in very poor minority outreach (though this is definitely amplified BIG LEAGUE by the Trump effect)

Others?

Dude, turn it around, How would the Dem party come to the point to nominate someone like Hillary? You have to admit there are better democrats out there than her. I agree whole heartedly that the Repub party nominated someone totally not acceptable and the party needs to do some deep soul searching. Yet the Dem party nominates to the exclusion of other qualified candidates someone who is corrupt, who brings all of the 1990s garbage, who's accomplishments (not # of titles) are limited outside of her relationship wt her husband. I think both parties failed us - period. How did we get here. A few quick thoughts:

1. Pro Hillary Media - even more evident in the latest wiki-links releases. A media that highlights "accomplishments" and diminishes her unfavorables.

2. Unfair playing field during the nomination period. Dem party actively supporting Hillary. If I was a Sanders supporter I'd be very made and voting for Stein (the other far left candidate)

3. Promises to all of the minorities, poor etc of govt handouts to keep them 'on the plantation' while not improving their overall condition. Words over sustained action. (Note: Repubs have their own 'plantation' as well called the prolife vote)

4. A life time of using position and influence for power

5. Union money influences.

6. A 100 years of progressives pushing their ideas in govt, media, education - it has worked.

What I've been saying,

My ideas:

Others?

Dude, turn it around, How would the Dem party come to the point to nominate someone like Hillary?

Just gonna stop reading here. Clinton isn't even borderline close to as terrible a candidate as Trump is.

What I've been saying,

My ideas:

Others?

Dude, turn it around, How would the Dem party come to the point to nominate someone like Hillary?

Just gonna stop reading here. Clinton isn't even borderline close to as terrible a candidate as Trump is.

But, she's still pretty pathetic and it should have been easy to beat her if it weren't for clueless Republican voters nominating the village idiot. And....there are a lot better Dems than she ever will be.

and...it's too bad you stopped reading. He made some good points about how the Dems work.