Huskers top running QBs of all time. Who ya got?

NUance

Thanks for good ole laugh. Needed a good knee slapper this morning. Tmart #1. Good lord.

Crouch

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Pick anybody.

*rolls eyes*

It's not funny or ridiculous to pick Martinez as one of the top QBs we've ever had. He wasn't surrounded by the talent and dominating lines that the QBs you listed had.

Thanks for good ole laugh. Needed a good knee slapper this morning. Tmart #1. Good lord.

Crouch

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Pick anybody.

*rolls eyes*

It's not funny or ridiculous to pick Martinez as one of the top QBs we've ever had. He wasn't surrounded by the talent and dominating lines that the QBs you listed had.

Never said he wasn't a top qb. Not just number one. I'd put him at 5 with gdowski and lord.

Crouch

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Pick anybody.

*rolls eyes*

Never said he wasn't a top qb. Not just number one. I'd put him at 5 with gdowski and lord.

Gdowski could've been one of the all time greats if he had started more than one season imo. To many people forget he even played for us now. I've been guilty of that as well and I was a huge fan of his the one year he got to start.

Top Running QB:

Crouch

Martinez - without the injuries, he's on top.

Frazier

Frost

Lord

Top Option QBs (Cdog mentioned Frost's ability to pitch at a perfect time) would be a different list:

Frazier

Gill

Frost (first three are very close)

Taylor

Crouch

Gill? My bad- I don't know how i missed it

No Nate Mason? No Jeff Quinn? WTH????!!!! LOL

For my money, the smoothest operator in the option world was Turner Gill He didn't run that often because he didn't have to. But I can clearly see him taking the snap, doing that quick half reverse spin, pausing just long enough to read the defense and for the backs to get in motion, then moving down the line of scrimmage, waiting till the perfect moment to pitch. Good lord he was smooth.

Is this best pure runner? Most explosive runner with big play ability? Best running QB? Best option QB?

Anyway here's my list because this is for fun and the original question wasn't specific enough.

1) Tommy Frazier (best option QB which made his already exceptional running skills almost impossible to stop)

2) Eric Crouch (speed kills)

3) Scott Frost (faster and with better moves than most people remember...mostly because he was running people over so much)

4) Turner Gill (in my eyes, the second best we ever had at running the option)

5) Keithen McCant (only started one full year but had more yards per carry than anyone above him on MY list)

6) Gerry Gdowski (just really freaking good.... 8.0 yards per carry? Wow)

7) Steve Taylor (so smooth)

8) Jamaal Lord (over 1,400 yards rushing his junior year...very underrated as others have said)

9) Tommy Armstrong (very good at running the spread, just wish he was a little faster)

10) Taylor Martinez (after the way he broke out in his freshman year I though he had a chance to be the best ever...was never the same after being bitten by the injury bug)

Well there's my list and I wouldn't argue if someone says I should switch McCant and Gdowski...both very good runners.

• Fire 1

Crouch

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Pick anybody.

*rolls eyes*

Or good qb coaches. Seeing the hay Langs is making with Tommy, I really feel for Martinez. And Tommy.

taylorham.0_standard_352.0.gif

Four defenders in the backfield chasing him around, all the way back to our 6 yard line. And TMart takes it to the house. Show me a better QB scramble on a broken play. At any levelFBS, FCS, NFL, high school, Pop Warner, you name it.

• Fire 2

Eric Crouch and it is not even debatable.

I see no mentions of Steve Taylor. He was a very good runner and I would put Scott Frost above Frazier. Everyone remembers the run against Florida, but Frost also had some big runs and punished tacklers.

Crouch

Martinez (when he didn't fumble and was healthy)

Frost

Frazier

Lord-Taylor

• Fire 1

Four defenders in the backfield chasing him around, all the way back to our 6 yard line. And TMart takes it to the house. Show me a better QB scramble on a broken play. At any levelFBS, FCS, NFL, high school, Pop Warner, you name it.

Martinez was easily the most electric Nebraska QB of all time. This play is probably the most prime example of that but I guarantee no other husker QB has more runs of 75+ yards

I'd probably still give the edge to Martinez but it's similar to Crouch at Missouri.

Eric Crouch and it is not even debatable.

I see no mentions of Steve Taylor. He was a very good runner and I would put Scott Frost above Frazier. Everyone remembers the run against Florida, but Frost also had some big runs and punished tacklers.

Crouch

Martinez (when he didn't fumble and was healthy)

Frost

Frazier

Lord-Taylor

Not to be an a-hole, but I mentioned Taylor, along with eight other people; including one three posts above yours.

Just saying

I cannot for the life of me fathom why he gets so little credit. Gdowski is on people's lists but Martinez is low on people's lists because he got injured his freshman season. How does that make sense? The Wisconsin and UCLA runs and probably many others I'm forgetting happened after he was injured.

• Fire 1