Camp Randall

B1GRED

They are saying that in effect if they're claiming that the entire fanbase is awful and nobody ever has a good time there.

Here's basically what happens in every one of these threads.

Persons 1-9: We were treated like sh#t.

teachercd: I wasn't treated like sh#t. No one was treated like sh#t. Persons 1-9 are all making sh#t up.

Maybe a few people are saying the whole fanbase is awful and nobody ever has a good time there but I don't remember anyone doing that in every thread or arguing with teach and telling him his experience is exaggerated.

• Fire 3

Hey folks first post. Been a long time lurker for a few years and love reading what many of you have to say. My wife and I are heading to CR and we are hoping for a good game and lots of fun. We have been NU season ticket holders since 1995 and try to get to a couple road games a year. Looking forward to CR knowing it will be hostile but fun. I will try to update the board about our trip when we get back. We are in our mid 40s now so just looking for some fun fans to be around and a Husker victory. Thanks for sharing all the great things you all do! #GBR

• Fire 1

The only reason I commented is because you do this in every Wisconsin thread. You're saying the good experience people are not in the minority, because you personally had a good experience. You're assuming that the dozens of people, just on this forum, stating that they had a bad experience, are anomalies or they're exaggerating. If we pretend this is a random sample, you're on the anomaly side. Put simply, they aren't making sh#t up, you're not making sh#t up, and we don't have a big enough or random sample of people attending Camp Randall games to know what % had a bad experience.

Why not criticize everyone (who way outnumber teach) who are doing the exact same thing but with the opposite perspective? Just because others personally had bad experiences doesn't mean that bad experience folk are the majority, even though there are a lot of claims about the entirety of the Wisconsin fanbase in here.

Out of everyone on this board teach is literally thr only one I can recall saying he had a more positive experience than negative. That would make him the minority around here..

I've been both times and never had a problem outside of the junk you would expect from a few drunk college kids. The same trash you probably see here. Other than that Madison is a pretty cool town. Gorgeous campus.

Oh, wait. Some drunk sorority girl threw some dead flowers off of a balcony at my group claiming that Nebraska was as dead as her flowers. Her friends all apologized though.

Me and a couple buddies have been kicking around the idea of driving up for it.

However, I haven't ever heard of a positive experience in Madison.

Mine was super positive. Partied before the game at a few bars...went to the game and sat with Badger fans...partied after the game. Never heard anything "bad" never saw anything "bad"

You do this every time people talk about Wisconsin :P

You're clearly in the minority. I have a feeling you bought the entire bar 3 rounds of drinks and then stuck with them through the game.

I think a lot of people look to be offended… If you look to be offended you will probably find it.

I have been to quite a few away games and never once seen or heard anything directed at me anyone I was with or any husker fan that was in the vicinity

I'm guessing if 10,000 husker fans made the trip to an away game that 5001 of them were not offended. I highly doubt I was in the minority

I think a lot of people love to complain.

I was just saying that of the folks I know who've been, all have had some variation of horror stories. These are just two that come to mind from the 2011 game.

A family friend of mine took his girlfriend who happens to be Asian. Of her experience in Camp Randall, she said she had never encountered such constant demeaning, hate filled, ignorant and racist comments.

Another friend of mine, who for the record is not an obnoxious drunkard who brings trouble onto himself, got separated from his group, was jumped and had his cell phone deliberately smashed. Bruised and bloodied he stopped in a handful of restaurants and shops to use their phone and was told "Not for Cornholer fans" He eventually found law enforcement and said that they were even hesitant in assisting him.

So yes, I am hesitant about venturing to Madison.

Your trip to The Camp will depend entirely on your attitude about it. If you wear Husker gear you will be heckled, most commonly with an 'a$* hole' chant, other times worse. This is usually not meant in a mean spirited way and if you react with a smile and a cleaver comeback people will offer you a beer. Overindulgence can be a problem but just use a little common sense and avoid those idiots and the problem goes away. Stories about Nebraska fans getting jumped and having people refuse to help them are ridiculous. Madison isn't some farm town where football is God and the local police are all cousins with the coach. I'm not going to say people don't get in fights on campus, but 999 times out of 1,000 it is a two way street, like any other college campus in the country.

After a few years in the conference it isn't surprising that Nebraska fans have experienced a culture clash in Madison. You pride yourselves on clapping for the opponents while we have a cheer that goes F you/Eat Sh**. Different strokes for different folks. But having attended countless games at Camp Randall over the last 25 years I have to say that the behavior described in this thread is unlike anything I have ever seen. Yes we swear a lot and are super drunk, if that offends you, then you are going to have a bad time. If you are willing to laugh at yourself and give as good as you get, in a good natured way, you are going to have a great trip. I have never seen fans accost old ladies, and if they did they would be immediately swarmed by the police/other fans. I think the demoralizing nature of the games themselves have been the single biggest factor in most terrible experiences by Husker fans. It sucks getting rocked by a team you consider beneath you that totally stole your style. It is easy to take the ribbing in a much more sinister light when the game is getting out of hand on the field. Maybe that does make us terrible fans in the eyes of some Cornhuskers, if so I get it. Bottom line is that in Madison, the party comes first, the game is a distant second to most fans. If you can enjoy the party, and the adult language, you will have a great time.

• Fire 2

Your trip to The Camp will depend entirely on your attitude about it. If you wear Husker gear you will be heckled, most commonly with an 'a$* hole' chant, other times worse. This is usually not meant in a mean spirited way and if you react with a smile and a cleaver comeback people will offer you a beer. Overindulgence can be a problem but just use a little common sense and avoid those idiots and the problem goes away. Stories about Nebraska fans getting jumped and having people refuse to help them are ridiculous. Madison isn't some farm town where football is God and the local police are all cousins with the coach. I'm not going to say people don't get in fights on campus, but 999 times out of 1,000 it is a two way street, like any other college campus in the country.

After a few years in the conference it isn't surprising that Nebraska fans have experienced a culture clash in Madison. You pride yourselves on clapping for the opponents while we have a cheer that goes F you/Eat Sh**. Different strokes for different folks. But having attended countless games at Camp Randall over the last 25 years I have to say that the behavior described in this thread is unlike anything I have ever seen. Yes we swear a lot and are super drunk, if that offends you, then you are going to have a bad time. If you are willing to laugh at yourself and give as good as you get, in a good natured way, you are going to have a great trip. I have never seen fans accost old ladies, and if they did they would be immediately swarmed by the police/other fans. I think the demoralizing nature of the games themselves have been the single biggest factor in most terrible experiences by Husker fans. It sucks getting rocked by a team you consider beneath you that totally stole your style. It is easy to take the ribbing in a much more sinister light when the game is getting out of hand on the field. Maybe that does make us terrible fans in the eyes of some Cornhuskers, if so I get it. Bottom line is that in Madison, the party comes first, the game is a distant second to most fans. If you can enjoy the party, and the adult language, you will have a great time.

Sounds like my kind of Saturday.

So basically you're stating that experiences noted in this thread are either bullsh#t or it was the Husker fans retaliation that caused the problem. Got it.
  • Fire 1

So....basically you have described CU fans. No thanks.

But...hey....congrats on being who you want to be.

• Fire 1

Sounds like a great place to watch a ballgame for an opposing fan.

• Fire 1

Just don't come to madison talking sh*t. Have some class and you will be treated with class. Win or Lose respect our House. Nebraska fans have always come into Madison thinking they're OSU or Michigan, and they're not, and that's why it's fun to give them crap. UW has a great tradition, not only in football, but every Major NCAA sport, except baseball, unlike Nebraska, so don't forget that! Don't come in disrespecting our House and think you'll be treated with courtesy. Night games are the best at Camp Randall. Wait till this Saturday, we'll pull another 10-16-2010 on OSU.

Thanks for firing Voldemort, he was a terrible coach.