Let's Be Honest...

It'd be pretty hard to go from 6-7 to a playoff berth in one year. 9-3—if that's what we end up at—will be a step in the right direction. I'd be okay with that. Especially if we top it off with a great recruiting class—which we have the makings of right now. :thumbs:

I hear what you are saying, but the only reason 9-3 will be considered a step in the right direction is because the team's major step back in 2015.

• Fire 1

NFL and college are different worlds in this category. People talk about any given Saturday but there are much more distinct talent gaps between teams in college than in the pros. Level of parody in the NFL is far beyond what we have in college and in college the bottom teams are becoming more competitive. But in the NFL week in week out the team across from you is similarly talented.

Compared to how we've started? Yea, that would probably be a let down.

Compared to last year? It'd feel amazing.

See, this is what I don't understand. We are supposed to feel good about going 9-3, just because the team was a dumpster fire last year?

Bo and his staff got fired for repeatedly having 9-3 regular seasons, and falling short of expectations. So, why are we supposed to lower our expectations after Riley's terrible first year?

Why do you keep saying this? Winning 9 games probably kept Bo from getting fired a couple years earlier. Oh sure, people were frustrated because Pelini's teams would get blown out every so often. But it wasn't his coaching prowess that got him fired. He got fired for his childish sideline antics and profanity laced tirades.

• Fire 9

See, this is what I don't understand. We are supposed to feel good about going 9-3, just because the team was a dumpster fire last year?

Bo and his staff got fired for repeatedly having 9-3 regular seasons, and falling short of expectations. So, why are we supposed to lower our expectations after Riley's terrible first year?

Because Bo never showed signs of progress. Regardless of whether or not it's to the point we'd like, 9-3 after 6-7 is progress. Progress leads to better results.

Anyways, I've thought all season that Minnesota is going to be the biggest trap game. That game more than anything makes me see 9-3 as a possibility.

So, what happens if NU goes 7-5 or 8-4 in 2017, which I think is very possible with how many key contributors on offense that are gone after this year. Is that still progress?

Look, I am really enjoying this year so far, but it will be disappointing if NU doesn't go at least 10-2.

9-3 records aren't created equal, though. And they aren't obtained in a vacuum, either. Where this team has come from, both out of the Pelini tenure and through last year, 9-3 would be a huge step forward.

Why do you keep saying this? Winning 9 games probably kept Bo from getting fired a couple years earlier. Oh sure, people were frustrated because Pelini's teams would get blown out every so often. But it wasn't his coaching prowess that got him fired. He got fired for his childish sideline antics and profanity laced tirades.

I do realize that Bo's behavior and his antics were the main reason he got fired, along with "mediocre" seasons of never winning more than 10 games in a season.

Because Bo never showed signs of progress. Regardless of whether or not it's to the point we'd like, 9-3 after 6-7 is progress. Progress leads to better results.

Anyways, I've thought all season that Minnesota is going to be the biggest trap game. That game more than anything makes me see 9-3 as a possibility.

So, what happens if NU goes 7-5 or 8-4 in 2017, which I think is very possible with how many key contributors on offense that are gone after this year. Is that still progress?

Look, I am really enjoying this year so far, but it will be disappointing if NU doesn't go at least 10-2.

I think our offense will be fine in 2017. If all that line talent we have brought in the last few years can materialize, our run game could be nasty

constant progress is impossible. Even Osborne took a step back right smack in the middle of the greatest 5 year run in the history of college football.

yes. next year will be interesting. As of now I'm thinking like a 7-6/8-5 type year. You think fans are bad now?

Sometimes a step or two back before leaping forward is necessary.

constant progress is impossible. Even Osborne took a step back right smack in the middle of the greatest 5 year run in the history of college football.

yes. next year will be interesting. As of now I'm thinking like a 7-6/8-5 type year. You think fans are bad now?

Sometimes a step or two back before leaping forward is necessary.

Why though? We lose some skill but we keep alot of talent on defense (if Chris Jones sticks around) and continue to develope a young but talented o line. Couple that with a nice stable of backs and this team could be good yet again next year

Like where we are heading so far. I will be OK with whatever happens as I have no choice as a Husker Fan. I see hurdles in front of us that need to be over come. Will we?

MR has this team, the players and the institution on the right track, not just in the game but within all things important.

• Fire 1

Nobody is lowering expectations. Pelini had seven years to get the job done. Riley deserves the same as long as he keeps improving. 9-3 would be improvement from 6-7. If not this year, next year I would like to see us go to B1G title and within five years actually win one. Its a process that doesn't just happen overnight. As long as I see progress every year leading up to championship, Riley deserves our support.

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

I'm certainly rooting for that scenario, Iowa beating Wisconsin I mean. I'd much rather have the division on the line in Iowa City than in Madison.

Iowa could lose all 4 of those games, and even Illinois isn't a given with the way Iowa plays offense. I think they finish 2-3 down the stretch.

You think Iowa is only losing 1 more game with Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU, and Nebraska left on the schedule?

I said going into the Nebraska game, so we are excluded. Yes, I think they are beating Wiscy in Iowa and Penn State, and losing to Michigan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iowa is going to beat Wiscy?

Have you SEEN any Hawkeye games this year?

I..I can't stop laughing. Iowa will be lucky to get to 7 wins this year.

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iowa is going to beat Wiscy?

Have you SEEN any Hawkeye games this year?

I..I can't stop laughing. Iowa will be lucky to get to 7 wins this year.

As far as honesty, NU should be favored in every game left on the schedule except UW/OSU. There's no way Iowa is favored, even with it being at home.

Yes.

Yes

Hope you're right.

Okay.

We'll know in 6 days...I think Iowa wins on Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines in your very subtle post, you think Wisconsin draws and quarters them. One of us will be wrong. Certainly might be me.