*** 2016 Game 8 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Wisconsin***

Saunders

What happens?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FOX Sports, Stewart Mandel

Wisconsin’s defensive injuries are piling up, but so far the unit has shown no signs of cracking. The Badgers get to Huskers QB Tommy Armstrong and hand the Huskers their first defeat.

Wisconsin 34 - Nebraska 24

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/college-football-odds-lines-point-spreads-schedule-week-9-picks-mandel-102716

Wisconsin is not scoring 34 on us. "But they scored 23 on Ohio State". Ohio State made every mistake possible in that game, thus why Wiscy scored 23.

People on the Wisconsin board are saying that they will win something like 31-7 or 38-14. The only game they have scored over 24 was against mighty Akron. If we can slow down Clement, I like our chances with our secondary against their receivers. One of their top receivers is listed as questionable for tomorrow (R. Wheelright) which would increase our chances. That Fumagali is a monster though. We win if we get to Hornibrook or Houston, and protect Tommy well enough to let him make some plays. (Limit of 3 Yolobombs)

24-13 Nebraska. WOOOOO!

I think we'll find out pretty early how this game is going to go by watching our OTs, Knevel and Gates. If they're still hobbled like they were against Purdue, I don't see us doing many good things offensively. We may get a chunk play here or there in the passing game, but without a running game, not sure we can put many points on the board. I can see a 21-17 type final score, either way, but have to give the edge to Wisconsin.

Langs calls a good game we win. There are other ways to run the ball than right up the gut. Oddly enough, he didd a great job IMO, exploiting what the D was doing. The past 2 games not so much. I would think that no Carter and injuries to the OL contributed to this. I am hoping he designs some RPO for TA and exploits the over aggressive D. They play down hill. There's ways to counter that. Traps, draws, PA, dump pass etc...... I just hope we see some of this. I'd also have TA roll out. A lot. Make their DL chance him every play.....wear them out.

I big addition would be Oz being healthy. A 235 lb guy hitting the line time and time again tends to wear folks down. I know Langs said that injuries to the OL have curtailed the use of the FB (0 yards rushing......), but I think an extra lead blocker would help. Id rather the crashing LB hit the FB than the RB, but that's just me. Also throws in a wrinkle we haven't shown all year. Even a dive or pass would make them have to account for the FB as more than just a human battering ram.....

Langs will earn his money tomorrow. As his play calling goes, goes our game.

I'd also like to see the DB's play more press. Slow the receiver at the line. Allow the DL to get to either QB.

I predict we score 27 for a third straight game and win 27-24

Nebraska has a prove to us you are good week to the nation

The D-Line needs to get to Hornibrook, because if they don't he will be able to make plays on us. We might need to blitz 5 or 6 on third down if we are struggling to get to the qb. Mick is a great player but on third down I would prefer a Davis twin in pass rush over him. Mick is a great run stuffed, but if he gets his first sack this week that would really help.

Wide receivers need to get open because we will struggle running the ball against them, if we have Oz I am confident we will be able to run better though.

Turnovers will be huge, I say whichever defense can create short fields for their offense will win this game. To win this game we need a pick and force a fumble because I predict Tommy will make at least one mistake. So win the turnover margin. Be up a td in the fourth and get a td early, we don't want this crowd rocking while Wisconsin is up 10 in the fourth quarter.

Feeling even better. Don't think Calvin Jones picked against us.

But... he's been wrong every time he picked against us. I guess picking a tie means he's wrong one way or the other.

Meant to say dont think we've lost when he's picked against us.