2018 Schedule

As you can tell, I love getting ahead of myself. But looking at possibly playing a Friday night game in the near future. I thought, why not look at this ridiculously tough schedule in 2018.

Vs Akron

Vs Colorado

Vs Troy

@ Michigan

Vs Purdue

@ Wisconsin

@ Northwestern

Vs Minnesota

BYE WEEK
@ Ohio State

Vs Illinois

Vs Michigan State

@ Iowa

A) Holy cow. Talk about a tough schedule with the re-emergence of Colorado and Michigan.

B) How nice would it be to play that Troy game on a Friday night? Gives us an extra day of rest, preparation for Michigan game. We already get an extra day of rest (BYE WEEK) before we play Ohio State. Other than that game, I don't really see an appropriate or advantageous game to play on Friday Night in 2018.

C) I do like this schedule compared to 2016 though. I hate that we have to play Wisconsin & Ohio State on the road in back to back weeks. It's tough. I think we are up for the challenge though.

D) I hope Lee, O'Brien or Gebbia are as good as advertised or we are going to be in for a tough year.

• Fire 3

A) Who knows how tough the schedule would be. Teams fall from grace, sometimes even abruptly, all the time.

B) I agree

C) Still another schedule where the historically solid programs are away. This year sucked for season ticket holders. Outside of Oregon game, it was hard to be excited for any of the home games.

D) Time will tell.

Looks like we're getting Wisconsined in 2018. Get MSU, Michigan and Ohio State out of the other division. I know MSU looks bad this year but I'd always be ready for a fight with a Dantonio coached team.

On another note is there any kind of set rotation or is that out of the question with 7 team divisions? I know Indy and Duey are permanent crossovers but other than that I can't make out any sort of pattern.

Not sure why we got @Mich in 2018. We obviously have to play @OSU and @Wiscy in 2018 because they alternate between home and away, but the B1G schedulers could have at least tried to give us one good home conference game.

To be fair, I don't think they should base their decisions about whether a team is good or not. It should be mostly random.

Not sure why we got @Mich in 2018. We obviously have to play @OSU and @Wiscy in 2018 because they alternate between home and away, but the B1G schedulers could have at least tried to give us one good home conference game.

To be fair, I don't think they should base their decisions about whether a team is good or not. It should be mostly random.

I get that, but I feel like we kind of got a sore end of the deal when it comes to randomness. Kind of like drawing the short straw.