Running up the score

Serious question? Why do you conveniently forget your God of a coach Tom Osborne made a living of scoring 70+ on teams?

It amazes me how pissed off Nebraska fans can be when we don't run up the score but get absolutely butt sore when it happens to us.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. We do not run up the score. We win with class. If we are winning and we are close to scoring, we either take a knee or at least DO NOT GO FOT IT ON FOUTH and FOUR when we are up by 52 points. That is all I am saying. Our fans definitely do not chant "Go for six" when our team is obviously up by 52 points. Is that a fair statement?
  • Fire 1

Serious question? Why do you conveniently forget your God of a coach Tom Osborne made a living of scoring 70+ on teams?

It amazes me how pissed off Nebraska fans can be when we don't run up the score but get absolutely butt sore when it happens to us.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. We do not run up the score. We win with class. If we are winning and we are close to scoring, we either take a knee or at least DO NOT GO FOT IT ON FOUTH and FOUR when we are up by 52 points. That is all I am saying. Our fans definitely do not chant "Go for six" when our team is obviously up by 52 points. Is that a fair statement?

I think the majority of fans understand and not upset about osu running a score up, we're upset at the effort to stop it.

Agreed, we did it in the past, I would've done it if I was in Urban's shoes. I think OSU showed A LOT of class last night with their thoughts towards Sam Foltz and how the crowd was chanting for Tommy when he got hurt.

Yes...It is our job to stop it...and TO ran up the score as well...But how about some class after your Quarterback gets knocked out of the Game...That was my point...

Im not saying take a knee on every down...im talking about going for it on 4th down

You're up by 4 touchdowns, and it's 4th and 3. Do you kick a field goal and score unnecessary points? Or do you go for it, as even if you don't make it, it doesn't really matter?

Maybe you should consider the fact that it has nothing to do with class, and what you are being a proponent for is basically that the coaches meet at mid-field and agree to just knee the ball for the remaining 15-30 minutes left in the game. I'm not any sort of Urban Meyer fan, but he really did nothing wrong.

Totally understand that...when USC destroyed us a number of years ago I felt the same way...or when Urban embarrassed us in the NC game....

I think the majority of fans understand and not upset about osu running a score up, we're upset at the effort to stop it.

If you don't like it, stop it. It was border line FG range. No reason to whine about it.

Amen. We are Nebraska, if we can't stop someone, that is on us and not them. Our kids get free school too.

Good Lord, never thought I'd see the day that this fan-base whines about someone running up the score on us. Boo Hoo.

Running up the score? Maybe Urban remembers the 2011 game. Buckeyes up 27-6 midway through the 3rd quarter. Seemed like tOSU had the game in hand. Then Lavonte David literally took the ball away from them. And the Huskers rallied to win 34-27.

I thought they played along as well as could be expected (in terms of running clock - they'd just throw to get first downs as required). We kept throwing some, on the other hand. I was not surprised to hear the Buckeye fans still calling for more points. I think I was ready to settle for 70-10, at one point (hearkening back to a certain loss to the Red Raiders) if it meant one TD for us...

Running up the score? Maybe Urban remembers the 2011 game. Buckeyes up 27-6 midway through the 3rd quarter. Seemed like tOSU had the game in hand. Then Lavonte David literally took the ball away from them. And the Huskers rallied to win 34-27.

Hint: urban wasn't coaching that osu team

Heh, sure enough. I knew he started about then, and looked up Urban's wiki entry before I made that post. It said he hired on at tOSU in 2011. But it must have been after the season ended, because this says Luke Fickel was still the coach. (Although to be fair I didn't actually *say* Urban was coaching in my post. LOL. And he probly does remember that game, since it may have been one of the reasons he got the Buckeye job. )

Heh, sure enough. I knew he started about then, and looked up Urban's wiki entry before I made that post. It said he hired on at tOSU in 2011. But it must have been after the season ended, because this says Luke Fickel was still the coach. (Although to be fair I didn't actually *say* Urban was coaching in my post. LOL. And he probly does remember that game, since it may have been one of the reasons he got the Buckeye job. )

In your defense, urban may have been calling that game as a color commentator, lol. I can't remember if it was THAT game, but I seem to remember him calling at least one of our games in 2011. Maybe I'm thinking of Michigan State.