TA & POB

Fyfe would probably only be 2nd string QB for Elkhorn South - He shouldn't even be part of the equation !!! "If" you're gonna pull O'Brien's redshirt, I say start him for the rest of the season and make TA his backup... Afterall - A lot of TA's decisions and passes look like those of a True Freshman, so why not ???

1st part pretty accurate. 2nd part is completely ridiculous.

• Fire 2

Fyfe would probably only be 2nd string QB for Elkhorn South - He shouldn't even be part of the equation !!! "If" you're gonna pull O'Brien's redshirt, I say start him for the rest of the season and make TA his backup... Afterall - A lot of TA's decisions and passes look like those of a True Freshman, so why not ???

Get real guys. On both statements.

Get real guys. On both statements.

Fyfe was first team all state his senior year (all classes). A SR in HS Fyfe would have started for pretty much every team in the state this year.

• Fire 2

The gap from Tommy to POB is closer than many want to admit. POB is better than Fyfe.

Count, I've skimmed through to this post, so maybe you've already explained it...but what evidence do you have for this exactly?

just heresay from folks who have seen practices. No claim to it's accuracy. I think it's believeable though. I think most can watch his high school films and come to a clear conclusion that he was even better then than anything Fyfe has showed, just raw ability alone. Obviously i believe it. Each time Tommy gets dinged up and status is still kinda unknown, Obrien is as quick to warming up as Fyfe. So i think that is quite telling as well.

I think at this point, if Tommy is out for foreseeable future, i agree with saving the redshirt. if this were week 5, and the season still needed saved, i'd bet we'd see POB.

The gap from Tommy to POB is closer than many want to admit. POB is better than Fyfe.

Count, I've skimmed through to this post, so maybe you've already explained it...but what evidence do you have for this exactly?

just heresay from folks who have seen practices. No claim to it's accuracy. I think it's believeable though. I think most can watch his high school films and come to a clear conclusion that he was even better then than anything Fyfe has showed, just raw ability alone. Obviously i believe it. Each time Tommy gets dinged up and status is still kinda unknown, Obrien is as quick to warming up as Fyfe. So i think that is quite telling as well.

I think at this point, if Tommy is out for foreseeable future, i agree with saving the redshirt. if this were week 5, and the season still needed saved, i'd bet we'd see POB.

I think people read too much into who is warming up. I am not on the sidelines, but it's probably O'Brien warming up WITH Fyfe. Fyfe needs a dude to play catch with and POB isn't doing anything else so they are playing catch with each other.

I have no idea why the TV cameras always show POB, unless the spotter sees a guy on the sidelines playing catch and the TV camera automatically assumes it's the backup QB.

From what I heard early in the season, POB wasn't grasping the offense very well, and the coaches were frustrated with him. Yes, he might show glimpses in practice, but early in the season the coaches were pretty down on POB.

Each time Tommy gets dinged up and status is still kinda unknown, Obrien is as quick to warming up as Fyfe. So i think that is quite telling as well.

I'm not sure this is an accurate statement. He's the one catching Fyfe's warm-up balls, is how I would describe it.

Exactly. Fyfe can't warm up with air. It would get annoying having to run after the ball down every time.