TA & POB

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

IIRC Riley recruited Stanton pretty hard when he was at Oregon State. Perhaps he figured he had his QB of the future already on the roster thus didn't need to go after a new QB?

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

IIRC Riley recruited Stanton pretty hard when he was at Oregon State. Perhaps he figured he had his QB of the future already on the roster thus didn't need to go after a new QB?

That is true, but if you have a philosophy of recruiting a QB every year, why did Riley not recruit one in 2015?

That is true, but if you have a philosophy of recruiting a QB every year, why did Riley not recruit one in 2015?

I doubt he didn't try but he didn't have a lot of time.

I'd be fine with Lee, FWIW. Let the best man play.

I just don't see the point in burning POB's shirt to stick him out there behind a horribly banged-up OL. You don't want to ruin a young QBs confidence in his first opportunity.

The "only played X% of snaps, therefore he can redshirt" rule is only for medical RSs, right? That's the only instance I'd probably play POB.

The fact we're still playing TA is the biggest reason I see to keep DL around. He's a good NFL OC that's trying to play a pro-style offense with a QB that is not compatible with that system. I'm really excited to see what MR/DL can do when they get pocket passers like POB and Gebbia and others actually learning the offense. If we still suck and call horrible offensive gamelans then, can his butt. But let's wait and see what happens before we roast the guy.

As for next week, learn how to run the damn ball with the personnel we have now at OL. Work on high percentage, easy, effective throws with Ryker over and over again.

There is a solid-ish chance that TA comes back next week. No point in burning POB's redshirt for that instance.

How do we know Lee is the best man yet? We don't until we see it. Keep in mind that he was an average QB at a C-USA school. Plus he can't play this year, anyway.

There is a solid-ish chance that TA comes back next week. No point in burning POB's redshirt for that instance.

How do we know Lee is the best man yet? We don't until we see it. Keep in mind that he was an average QB at a C-USA school. Plus he can't play this year, anyway.

If Lee plays, I presume they viewed him as the best QB.

He didn't bring in Tanner Lee?