TA & POB

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

IIRC Riley recruited Stanton pretty hard when he was at Oregon State. Perhaps he figured he had his QB of the future already on the roster thus didn't need to go after a new QB?

That is true, but if you have a philosophy of recruiting a QB every year, why did Riley not recruit one in 2015?

He didn't bring in Tanner Lee?

That was in the 2016 signing class, and he knew Lee would have to sit out a season as a transfer.

There is a solid-ish chance that TA comes back next week. No point in burning POB's redshirt for that instance.

I'd be fine with Lee, FWIW. Let the best man play.

How do we know Lee is the best man yet? We don't until we see it. Keep in mind that he was an average QB at a C-USA school. Plus he can't play this year, anyway.

If Lee plays, I presume they viewed him as the best QB.

From the media and how the coaches view Lee, I think Lee will be the odds-on favorite to start in 2017. The coaches love Lee's arm strength and the ability to throw a lot of the deep routes that they love to use in their offense.

Lee also got a lot of snaps with the #1 offense in Fall camp. That's not usually done if they know a guy has to sit out a year.

you still have an outside chance of reaching the conference title game. you play the guy that gives you the best chance to win, with no regard to saving a redshirt season. We don't need to worry about 4 years from now. If Riley is any good, he will ahve plenty of qbs to play 4 years from now.

+1

It's not likely, but it is possibly for NU to still win the division by going 7-2 in the conference. That means winning the next 3 games. If TA is out, and POB is better than Fyfe, POB should get the start.

Riley's and Langsdorf's jobs are to get the best players ready to play. It's not sacrificing the future to make sure NU wins the remaining games of the season.

There is a solid-ish chance that TA comes back next week. No point in burning POB's redshirt for that instance.

How do we know Lee is the best man yet? We don't until we see it. Keep in mind that he was an average QB at a C-USA school. Plus he can't play this year, anyway.

From the media and how the coaches view Lee, I think Lee will be the odds-on favorite to start in 2017. The coaches love Lee's arm strength and the ability to throw a lot of the deep routes that they love to use in their offense.

Lee also got a lot of snaps with the #1 offense in Fall camp. That's not usually done if they know a guy has to sit out a year.

In the time I've seen them at practice, I think Lee looks like the guy. His body language, his arm/quick release, and camaraderie with his teammates all tell me he will get the nod.

• Fire 1

In the time I've seen them at practice, I think Lee looks like the guy. His body language, his arm/quick release, and camaraderie with his teammates all tell me he will get the nod.

If he is the best option, then great. I'll be excited to see him prove it.

We have no developed depth at QB behind TA....We will have none next year behind Lee (if he starts). If Langs stays, and POB wins the job (2018) we are looking at 2019 before we have an experienced starter in Langs system( more than one tear starter) with all Rileys guys........ Best case scenario IMO, is POB wins starting job in 2017 or Gebbia......

This may be a bit off topic, but why didn't Riley recruit and sign any QB's in 2015. I understand he was only on the job for 2 months, but there had to have been QB's that he was trying to come to Oregon State that he could have flipped to NU. This is a big miss by the staff.

Riley answered this question maybe a month or so ago but I can't remember where I read the article. I remember he said he had bunches of dads(agents) inquire about their sons transferring to Nebraska-some were jucos, some with fifth year eligibility. I don't remember why he wasn't interested at the time. Maybe someone else remembers and can link the interview.

We have no developed depth at QB behind TA....We will have none next year behind Lee (if he starts). If Langs stays, and POB wins the job (2018) we are looking at 2019 before we have an experienced starter in Langs system( more than one tear starter) with all Rileys guys........ Best case scenario IMO, is POB wins starting job in 2017 or Gebbia......

I don't think it is smart to assume a QB is not developed if he has no playing experience. I see plenty of first year starters around the country that are plenty developed and ready to play when they hit the field.

If our coaches are any good (jury is still out, imo), POB has developed this year and would next year as a back-up, should that be his role.

My fear is the staff. If Fyfe is better than POB............ No OL development...No DE.......I'm just sick of the wait till next year....... I can't remember the last time we had depth. Honestly TO?

I don't think it is smart to assume a QB is not developed if he has no playing experience. I see plenty of first year starters around the country that are plenty developed and ready to play when they hit the field.

If our coaches are any good (jury is still out, imo), POB has developed this year and would next year as a back-up, should that be his role.

My fear is the staff. If Fyfe is better than POB............ No OL development...No DE.......I'm just sick of the wait till next year....... I can't remember the last time we had depth. Honestly TO?
Did you forget that POB is a TRUE freshman

Isn't Hurt from Alabama a freshman?