Trump's cabinet

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Maybe a better question:  Who is so interested in getting him out of there that these stories are all landing at his feet right now? 

None of this is new information.  Why is it coming out now? 

You may be on to something.  One has to think that some pretty highly placed person is behind this and also the post directly above about the intel briefing process.

I'm going to throw out a wild idea here - don't jump on me too hard - this is wild speculation without support but I throw it out there for consideration

Could Mike Pence and his team be staging a silent coup.  I base it on the following:

1. Recently it was revealed that Pence is not a target of any part of the Mueller investigation

2. Pence magically seems to be no where around when disastrous press  hits the trump admin - he is quiet about Trump's rants on race, alt right, the wall, etc  For a 'supportive' VP he seems too often too quiet.  Biden often spoke up in defense of Obama and Cheney did the same for GWB.

3. Pence too often is out of the country or out of DC when Trump puts himself into hot water

4.  Who has the most to gain.  If Trump's admin is in disarray and that leads to or helps in Trump's downfall - who would step in??  Pence, regardless of this policies, has been seen as the adult in the room, the guy wt experience in DC.  Of course Trump presents a pretty low bar when it comes to adulthood. 

5. I go back to when the Access Hollywood tapes came out on Trump's inappropriate behavior with women. Pence was quiet.  He appeared to be considering leaving the ticket.  I still cannot shake off the feeling that he was 'promised by insiders' that if Trump was elected that they'd find a way for him to replace Trump.  Mainstream repubs liked Pence as he was one of them for a long time in Congress but they could not stand Trump.   Yes that is in the conspiracy realm :eek:but I've always felt uneasy about the way he stayed on the ticket. Maybe it is because I saw it as a violation of his confessed personal ethics. 

6. That smirky smile of his.  You know he always has that closed mouth half smile.  It just seems unnatural and like he is hiding something.

Edited by TGHusker

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

You may be on to something.  One has to think that some pretty highly placed person is behind this and also the post directly above about the intel briefing process.

I'm going to throw out a wild idea here - don't jump on me too hard - this is wild speculation without support but I throw it out there for consideration

Could Mike Pence and his team be staging a silent coup.  I base it on the following:

1. Recently it was revealed that Pence is not a target of any part of the Mueller investigation

2. Pence magically seems to be no where around when disastrous press  hits the trump admin - he is quiet about Trump's rants on race, alt right, the wall, etc  For a 'supportive' VP he seems too often too quiet.  Biden often spoke up in defense of Obama and Cheney did the same for GWB.

3. Pence too often is out of the country or out of DC when Trump puts himself into hot water

4.  Who has the most to gain.  If Trump's admin is in disarray and that leads to or helps in Trump's downfall - who would step in??  Pence, regardless of this policies, has been seen as the adult in the room, the guy wt experience in DC.  Of course Trump presents a pretty low bar when it comes to adulthood. 

5. I go back to when the Access Hollywood tapes came out on Trump's inappropriate behavior with women. Pence was quiet.  He appeared to be considering leaving the ticket.  I still cannot shake off the feeling that he was 'promised by insiders' that if Trump was elected that they'd find a way for him to replace Trump.  Mainstream repubs liked Pence as he was one of them for a long time in Congress but they could not stand Trump.   Yes that is in the conspiracy realm :eek:but I've always felt uneasy about the way he stayed on the ticket. Maybe it is because I saw it as a violation of his confessed personal ethics. 

6. That smirky smile of his.  You know he always has that closed mouth half smile.  It just seems unnatural and like he is hiding something.

I'm generally not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I have to admit, the same thoughts have crossed my mind. Which begs the question... How are Trumpsters going to react when their OWN party, not the Clintons or George Soros or the so-called Deep State, leads to Donnie's demise? Mind: BLOWN.:ahhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

I'm generally not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I have to admit, the same thoughts have crossed my mind. Which begs the question... How are Trumpsters going to react when their OWN party, not the Clintons or George Soros or the so-called Deep State, leads to Donnie's demise? Mind: BLOWN.:ahhhhhhhh

If Pence takes over it'll be after the Republicans have convinced Donald that they have incontrovertible evidence of his guilt with something, whether that's taxes, the Russians, whatever. But it'll have to be something big, something that sticks. So far nothing has, and this is just after Obama's presidency where Trump's base were outraged that he once wore a tan suit.

Unless Trump is jailed or dies while in office, him leaving won't hurt him or the Republicans just like Palin leaving the governorship didn't hurt her or the Republicans.  Trump would almost be more effective outside the White House than inside it. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

If Pence takes over it'll be after the Republicans have convinced Donald that they have incontrovertible evidence of his guilt with something, whether that's taxes, the Russians, whatever.

Given that this is quite possibly the most insecure, petty politician of our lifetimes, do you honestly think they'd be able to convince him to step down?

Remember that Trump was the protege of Roy Cohn, who ensured that "Never back down, hit back harder" was incontrovertibly ingrained into Trump's M.O. It's obvious in that he absolutely hates being told what to do & generally winds up doing the opposite.

I'm not sure the GOP could get him to step away from his position even if they came up with the mythical pee tape.

• Plus1 1