Trump's cabinet

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't understand how Trump can just move the CIA Director to the Secretary of State or the Energy Secretary to the VA Secretary. Doesn't the Senate have to vote on all these appointments?

Yes,  I've seen discussions about how the confirmation hearings will go.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Ok, the way I've seen the media discussing this is like these moves happened the moment Trump announced them.

I'm sure Trump thinks he can just plug someone in like he does when running his business.

Which is interesting.  Trump claims he is meeting with North Korea before May.  That's only 6 weeks away.....I would highly doubt Pompeo will be confirmed early enough to have any meaningful input in the meeting.  And....let's not forget.....Trump still has never even nominated an ambassador to South Korea.....that is a person who might be helpful at this point.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....we are 14...15 months since his election?  over 25% of his current term and he's....just now starting to get in place the cabinet he wants???

But, but  he knows how to hire the best people...... the first time.  Must have been fake news.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OOooo.....our own version of Hunger Games.  Cool.

They are both driven crazy :ahhhhhhhh   Kim by  Trump butchering the English language as he brags about his business empire  and Trump by Kim's annoying eating habits of everything in sight. 

18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

They are both driven crazy :ahhhhhhhh   Kim by  Trump butchering the English language as he brags about his business empire  and Trump by Kim's annoying eating habits of everything in sight. 

I don't think they'd survive more than a week. There is no way either of them could figure out how to start a fire.

Wow!!!!!

In December 2007, he wrote: Bush Boom Continues

There’s no recession coming. The pessimistas were wrong. It’s not going to happen. At a bare minimum, we are looking at Goldilocks 2.0. (And that’s a minimum). Goldilocks is alive and well. The Bush boom is alive and well. It’s finishing up its sixth consecutive year with more to come. Yes, it’s still the greatest story never told.

Note the date of the article. The recession started in December 2007! 

Don't have much respect for this.

Also in 2007, right before the crash during President George W. Bush's 2nd term, Kudlow wrote: A Stock Market Vote of Confidence for Bush:

"I have long believed that stock markets are the best barometer of the health, wealth and security of a nation. And today's stock market message is an unmistakable vote of confidence for the president."

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think they'd survive more than a week. There is no way either of them could figure out how to start a fire.

Kim threatens - I have a stick.  Trump retorts - I have a bigger stick that works and I know how to use it.   They die from exhaustion in a sumo wrestling match arguing over who's stick is better. 

Edited by TGHusker
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow!!!!!

Don't have much respect for this.

A new yes man for Trump.  I use to enjoy listening to Kudlow and his guests on the radio - But once I heard he was all in for Trump ... not so much.  Something was missing.  Kudlow is a 100% believer in Republican mantra of lower taxes will automatically be good.  With him, if it has a "R" behind it - good without question.  I believe he was a part of the Reagan admin - but that was a different time wt different economic issues.  He makes it carte blanche - if it worked once it will always work again. 

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 1