Trump's cabinet

14 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I wish I could say I'm gobsmacked that these Trump voters can't see the corruption he's unleashed, but it's utterly unsurprising.

Relevant piece:

This is an amazing article .  Worth the read.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The bolded is simply not true. The timing of it, that is. There was a meeting immediately after Obama was elected the first time that they were going to oppose everything, regardless of what it was. That's why the Democrats had no bipartisan support. Also, there were compromises in the ACA with the GOP which made it worse than what it would have been.

I'd politely push back as well. Your example of the ACA is a good one.

That was the first major initiative of his presidency. It was back when he still thought he could compromise and work with Republicans. 

He and the Dems got squarely spit at and attacked for their attempt to reform healthcare, which was badly needed. No matter how many concessions they got, the end result was going to be the same. 

Because, you know, scoring political points is more important than getting things done. 

On the other hand, there are Dems that just flat-out obstruct Trump in the same way, but I'm OK was the majority of them doing it because he hasn't offered up hardly any objectively good policy.

17 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

The Democrats are doing the same thing now that the Republicans did with Obama in office.  Though I can't blame them for opposing the lunatic in the White House.

Probably should have this discussion in another thread so I'll just say that I diagree with you. Anyone following the Mueller investigation knows that this is not a witch hunt now. We know that people close or even in the campaign we're talking with GRU agents (kind of a big deal...). And an open letter still talking about Benghazi, really????

On 4/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, Moiraine said:

The bolded is simply not true. 

It's completely true in the minds of those who consume diets of exclusively conservative 'news'.

It's too bad coach keeps deleting his posts.

Edited by Landlord