Trump's cabinet

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I completely agree with this. It was totally inappropriate. 

I agree as well.

I know we have first children, but they don't have overtly political roles. 

Trump's adult children have blurred lines between family & government like no one before ever has. They are pretty much government officials by birthright. It's obvious, open nepotism.

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Stupid. 

Normally I'd consider this the height of ineptitude, but it's the Trump administration. There have been and will be dozens if not hundreds of moronic decisions. This one is awful, and just ridiculous considering Russia hacking voter registration lists and the GOP's obsession over Clinton's e-mails. It was obvious they never actually cared about a breach in security. They just wanted to take her down.

• Plus1 1

What qualifications does Kushner have to be a senior advisor to the White House?

Didn't we dump tea into Boston Harbor to protest this kind of dynastic government?  Or was that some other people who value freedom and hate kings?

If you suspected it was Trump - you're right. It was Trump.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

What qualifications does Kushner have to be a senior advisor to the White House?

Didn't we dump tea into Boston Harbor to protest this kind of dynastic government?  Or was that some other people who value freedom and hate kings?

All those Trump Univ grads need to dump their diploma's into the Potomac River.  The rest of us - dump any stocks / mutual funds we owe that have investments in any thing associated wt Trump's businesses  - sanctions on Trump Inc.

Ok that may not work but your point is true.  Trump is running the govt like an extension of his business with nepotism in full view and unchallenged.  Whenever we hear the campaign slogan again "We need to run govt like a business" -- RUN. 

• Plus1 1

How much do you want to bet the Kush got his permanent security clearance the VERY NEXT DAY after this little gem was published? I'm thinking someone got it in Trump's orbit and he got angry and decided to personally intervene.

Top Trump fundraisers who sought to negotiate $1 billion in business deals with Middle East princes called Jared Kushner a 'Clown Prince'

Top Trump fundraisers who made $1 billion in business deals with Middle East princes referred to Jared Kushner as the "Clown Prince" and mocked his role as a Middle East negotiator. 

Elliott Broidy, a top fundraiser for President Donald Trump, and George Nader, Broidy's business partner, had proposed business dealings with crown princes from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates totaling more than $1 billion, according to a report published Sunday by the Associated Press. 

Broidy, who was named the Republican National Committee deputy finance chairman in April 2017, leveraged his influence to skew US foreign policy toward his Middle East business partners.

Broidy reportedly pitched to Trump the idea that the UAE and Saudi crown princes could involve themselves in Jared Kushner's Middle East peace efforts. However, emails revealed that the Saudi and Emirati princes had less-than-favorable views of Kushner and his mandate, which had been handed down by Trump, Kushner's father-in-law. "

"You have to hear in private my Brother what Principals think of 'Clown prince's' efforts and his plan!" Nader wrote to Broidy, using code names for the crown royals and the pejorative for Kushner. "Nobody would even waste cup of coffee on him if it wasn't for who he is married to," Nader added referring to Kushner's wife, Ivanka Trump. 

The Press said leaked emails revealed the two men received intelligence contracts good for up to $600 million to be paid over 5 years by the UAE in the days following Broidy's meeting with Trump. Several other deals, like the creation of an all-Muslim fighting force in the Middle East, were reportedly set to bring their Gulf business initiatives to $1 billion.

1. Kushner is clearly a laughingstock on the world stage. That he's representing the U.S. government at all is just sad.

2. The graft runs deep in this administration. It's just grifters and con men, all the way down.

• Plus1 1

On 5/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, commando said:

kasparov had maybe the best comment on this

Is it though? Can any of you actually tell me what this position does with out googling? Did you even know it existed before the news cycle?

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Is it though? Can any of you actually tell me what this position does with out googling? Did you even know it existed before the news cycle?

I don't know if I agree with the analogy, but these questions aren't that tough. I imagined, without knowing anything about it, that we have a bunch of people in the military and in national security working on keeping the country safe from internet-based attacks. Because that's a no brainer. It's not relevant whether we knew the name of the top position was called for achieving that goal - there has to be a top position for everything, and we now know it's been eliminated.

What I do know about it is Obama created it, and I'm 95% sure that's the only reason it was eliminated, because that's what Trump has done across the board. If Obama did it or it was done during Obama's presidency, that's all Trump needs to know about it. I also know that Russia and other countries are doing everything they can to hack the U.S. government and U.S. companies, and did so to the DNC and probably the RNC, and that getting rid of the top position responsible for stopping that kind of stuff is a moronic move.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't know if I agree with the analogy, but these questions aren't that tough. I imagined, without knowing anything about it, that we have a bunch of people in the military and in national security working on keeping the country safe from internet-based attacks. Because that's a no brainer. It's not relevant whether we knew the name of the top position was called for achieving that goal - there has to be a top position for everything, and we now know it's been eliminated.

What I do know about it is Obama created it, and I'm 95% sure that's the only reason it was eliminated, because that's what Trump has done across the board. If Obama did it or it was done during Obama's presidency, that's all Trump needs to know about it. I also know that Russia and other countries are doing everything they can to hack the U.S. government and U.S. companies, and did so to the DNC and probably the RNC, and that getting rid of the top position responsible for stopping that kind of stuff is a moronic move.

All valid, but this was just an advising/harmonizing role in the white House. The role(s) and the responsibilities are still there with the agencies, they just don't report out to another person in the chain of White House staff any longer. That doesn't seem so evil to me. In my work I report out to at least 2 different people who essentially have the same roles with different seniority, and I do this for about 3 or 4 different groups of people. It really bogs down processes and creates alotnof extra work for us grunts actually doing the work. This could be a good thing.

Let's not fall into the Trump did it, so it's bad trap. That's all I'm saying.