Trump's cabinet

On 6/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, Clifford Franklin said:

Somebody made a really good point yesterday. You know who the family separation story has been really good for? Scott Pruitt.

Who knew the EPA administrator needed special pants?

The guy seemed to be paranoid.  Well that was true of another Republican who famously said:  'You will no longer have Nixon to kick around'.  Just change the word to Pruitt wt his resignation today.

• Plus1 1

Believe me, I'm glad he's gone.  The guy was a corrupt loony tune.  

BUT...let me throw this out there.  

I don't think he was the deregulation king that Trump wanted because the guy was too busy worrying about his security, building sound proof rooms and corruptly spending our money to actually do what Trump wanted him to do.

So.......be concerned about who is going to replace him.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Believe me, I'm glad he's gone.  The guy was a corrupt loony tune.  

BUT...let me throw this out there.  

I don't think he was the deregulation king that Trump wanted because the guy was too busy worrying about his security, building sound proof rooms and corruptly spending our money to actually do what Trump wanted him to do.

So.......be concerned about who is going to replace him.

BRB - to your point I add the following:

Well, when I heard my Senator Jim Inhofe, Mr Conservative himself, call on Pruitt to resign - I figured his days were numbered. Jim  said the # 2 guy would do an excellent job.  A few days later, Inhofe, after talking to Pruitt took, took back his call for Pruitt's resignation - saying security was needed or something to that affect.  I figured that Jim was wanting the #2 guy as he would not have the security paranoia that Pruitt was exhibiting.  Inhofe is perhaps the leading climate change denier in the Senate.  Thus, if he likes the # 2 guy, those who attacked Pruitt may end up having some regrets.

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Thus, if he likes the # 2 guy, those who attacked Pruitt may end up having some regrets.

That's not how it works.

Pruitt was corrupt and awful and he should not hold public office.  Everyone who protested him or raised a stink about his blatant corruption was right to do so.

If the next guy is equally corrupt, we'll raise a stink about that guy, too. And on and on and on until a proper representative for the American people holds that post. 

You don't let an unfit person hold a Cabinet position because the next person might be unfit, too.  You oust that person and deal with what comes later as you go.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's not how it works.

Pruitt was corrupt and awful and he should not hold public office.  Everyone who protested him or raised a stink about his blatant corruption was right to do so.

If the next guy is equally corrupt, we'll raise a stink about that guy, too. And on and on and on until a proper representative for the American people holds that post. 

You don't let an unfit person hold a Cabinet position because the next person might be unfit, too.  You oust that person and deal with what comes later as you go.

Agree 100%

• 1 month later...

On 7/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, knapplc said:

That's not how it works.

Hay this reminds me of football, when people say because Mike Riley sucked, we shouldn’t have fired Pelini.

• Plus1 2

So what do we have now? Failure to register as a foreign agent, Tax evasion, all kinds of ethics violations with Pruitt, Embezzlement, numerous questionable deals between foreign governments and the Trump family. What else am I missing?

• Plus1 2

A couple members of my (step-) family are current/former military, and they always railed on Obama for "not caring about our troops" or "not visiting our troops" or "letting the VA fall apart" or other similar comments. But now that Trump's in charge, all is magically right with the world according to them. I would share this article with them, but they'd never believe it because Donnie can do no wrong in their eyes.

*SIDE NOTE: I really wish I belonged to a private club where I could impact public policy. My open container dream would finally come true!

• Plus1 3
40 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

A couple members of my (step-) family are current/former military, and they always railed on Obama for "not caring about our troops" or "not visiting our troops" or "letting the VA fall apart" or other similar comments. But now that Trump's in charge, all is magically right with the world according to them. I would share this article with them, but they'd never believe it because Donnie can do no wrong in their eyes.

*SIDE NOTE: I really wish I belonged to a private club where I could impact public policy. My open container dream would finally come true!

Come to south Mississippi

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Always amazed me how so many military personnel had such hatred towards Obama, but loved the dude that insults POWs, attacks war widows/gold star families, and lied about donating to veteran charities. 

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, Fru said:

Always amazed me how so many military personnel had such hatred towards Obama, but loved the dude that insults POWs, attacks war widows/gold star families, and lied about donating to veteran charities. 

It baffles me.  I have military friends who fall into this description.

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It baffles me.  I have military friends who fall into this description.

Same. I have a couple buddies in the military who do not have this mindset, but tell me it's widespread. Utterly baffling.

• Plus1 3