Trump's cabinet

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

what????  in this government???

Same thing happened in DHHS. A cadre of Evangelical conservatives got a foothold and now you see their chosen policies, like abstinence only sex ed, gaining steam, not because they work but because they agree with the politics.

When this administration is finally over we're all going to be longing for people who just do things that work instead of playing politics.

• Plus1 1

II'm old enough to remember when arena full of Trump superfans  (and elected Rs) howled about how buttery males would endanger nations security.

This is governance by Fox News. He had dinner over Easter weekend at Mar a Lago with deranged conspiracy theorist Sean Hannity as well.

Do what you will in local elections. Vote for the best candidate or whomever beat represents your view.

But please, in November, don't continue to support this lunacy by voting for Republicans. They have nothing to say and only enable this nonsense.

Vote blue in 2018. Help the blue wave restore some sanity.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

II'm old enough to remember when arena full of Trump superfans  (and elected Rs) howled about how buttery males would endanger nations security.

This is governance by Fox News. He had dinner over Easter weekend at Mar a Lago with deranged conspiracy theorist Sean Hannity as well.

Do what you will in local elections. Vote for the best candidate or whomever beat represents your view.

But please, in November, don't continue to support this lunacy by voting for Republicans. They have nothing to say and only enable this nonsense.

Vote blue in 2018. Help the blue wave restore some sanity.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but the bolded bothers me.  There are plenty of sane and logical Republicans out there, and a good portion of them opposed Trump.  Some have tried to deal with him to get something accomplished, not because they agree with him on much of anything.

On the other side there are plenty of Democrats that are insane, corrupt, and impossible to work with.  Where our country has failed is having such a division between the two parties that many people have become so hard-lined that they vote straight tickets and pay absolutely no attention to the individuals.

There are good and bad Republicans.  There are good and bad Democrats.

The only things that will help this country are some common sense and cooperation... and maybe a swift kick in the backside for every politician.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but the bolded bothers me.  There are plenty of sane and logical Republicans out there, and a good portion of them opposed Trump.  Some have tried to deal with him to get something accomplished, not because they agree with him on much of anything.

On the other side there are plenty of Democrats that are insane, corrupt, and impossible to work with.  Where our country has failed is having such a division between the two parties that many people have become so hard-lined that they vote straight tickets and pay absolutely no attention to the individuals.

The only things that will help this country are some common sense and cooperation... and maybe a swift kick in the backside for every politician.

Amen brother.

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I agree and, for the most part, have tried to have that attitude.

However, I  believe a message needs to be sent to the Republicans.  So, if there is a race where the Democrat is at least reasonable, I will be voting for them in November.  If they are someone who I don't respect or don't agree with anything they say, well.....then I will have a tough choice.

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I'm not willing to both sides this issue. Not right now.

I agree with your premise. But I think people saying "There are good and bad on both sides" at this moment in time is a way of not fully reckoning with what the GOP has become during the Obama years and under Trump. 

If you find the bolded running for office, by all means, vote for them. 

I'm not seeing very much of any of that sitting in office right now. Mostly it's just a bunch of people diving out of the way of microphones and unable to conjure up enough courage to say anything publicly critical of their party for its own failures.

FWIW, I've heard more than one person say they prefer moderate, bipartisan governance in Congress. I can get on board with that. That's largely what we had from FDR until Reagan. That's when things started getting really partisan and eventually toxic.

The problem is to get back to that form of governance, where both sides can find consensus that most folks agree on, it requires dumping the nutjobs currently at the wheel. Which means the GOP needs to face a reckoning.

1 minute ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Of the few people that I know that actually liked Trump, this was their reasoning: "We need to send a message to politicians to start taking it seriously and get something done."  Other people that didn't like him but voted for him said they didn't care who it was, they wanted anyone that wasn't a career politician, so they obviously weren't voting for Clinton, and look how that has turned out.

I completely understand and it's why anytime I mention that Trump is an idiot and needs to go...the first reaction instantly is still...."WHAT???  You liked Hillary???"  I want to bash my head against the wall.

AND....it's why I said the Democrat has to be someone who is at least reasonable.  This is talking about congressional and Governor races.  In 2020 when, God forbid, Trump is running again, I will NOT vote for him.  Now, the Democrats will also need to earn my vote with someone reasonable.  They failed miserably in that in 2016.  So, I found myself not voting for either of them.  

I will vote for someone in 2020 that earns my vote.  The Republicans would have to run someone other than Trump.  The Democrats have a chance and I will listen to what they have to say.  But, my vote there is far from a sure thing.

• Plus1 1

He's doing the opposite of sticking it to Washington.

I know people who love him because he pisses off Democrats. That isn't a good enough reason to vote for or like someone. This isn't a sport. Beating the Democrats means nothing if you do s#!tty things.

Edited by Moiraine