Trump's America

zoogs

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeahhhh......we get yet another march on American soil by people who should never been let out of their cockroach holes.

Tennessee Towns Heighten Security Ahead of White Nationalist Rallies

I'm sure Trump will tweet out his anger at these groups sometime over the weekend.

there should be a huge crowd that watches them and shouts "nazis will not replace us"

Oh look, more data suppression from Team Trump.

I'm guessing they're burying this data because they want to live in a fact-free world. If people don't have statistics on gang-related deaths, they can't call out Trump & Sessions for saying gangs are tearing the country apart. They mentioned we'll no longer know how many people under age 18 were killed by firearms. I'm assuming that's a broader trend on suppressing firearm-related statistics & I'm guessing it's not on accident. The article mentions that the Bush 43 administration had a similar pattern of playing dumb when it came to statistics that would make them look bad or not fit their agenda.

Sadly, it's pretty transparent that Trump and those around him are more than willing to destroy information that doesn't suit their needs. The GOP has been eschewing facts in favor of feels for a long time, but mostly at the Congressional level. This is what it looks like when a whole government does it.

I see a lot of similarities between this and the official death toll being reported in Puerto Rico. You've got no response from the federal government on trying to find an actual death count that I'm aware of, nor do I envision one. You've just got Trump comparing it to a "real" catastrophe like Katrina and positing that the official death count of 16 given to him on the spot was much better than the Katrina death toll, which was "in the thousands" (shockingly, he got this right).

But you do have a no-bid infrastructure-repair contract & THIS being reported from Buzzfeed. Just tragic how little this administration cares

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

Oh look, more data suppression from Team Trump.

I'm guessing they're burying this data because they want to live in a fact-free world. If people don't have statistics on gang-related deaths, they can't call out Trump & Sessions for saying gangs are tearing the country apart. They mentioned we'll no longer know how many people under age 18 were killed by firearms. I'm assuming that's a broader trend on suppressing firearm-related statistics & I'm guessing it's not on accident. The article mentions that the Bush 43 administration had a similar pattern of playing dumb when it came to statistics that would make them look bad or not fit their agenda.

Sadly, it's pretty transparent that Trump and those around him are more than willing to destroy information that doesn't suit their needs. The GOP has been eschewing facts in favor of feels for a long time, but mostly at the Congressional level. This is what it looks like when a whole government does it.

I see a lot of similarities between this and the official death toll being reported in Puerto Rico. You've got no response from the federal government on trying to find an actual death count that I'm aware of, nor do I envision one. You've just got Trump comparing it to a "real" catastrophe like Katrina and positing that the official death count of 16 given to him on the spot was much better than the Katrina death toll, which was "in the thousands" (shockingly, he got this right).

it looks like book burning has reached the computer age.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, commando said:

it looks like book burning has reached the computer age.

It's just super disappointing to go from an administration who made logical, well-thought out decisions based on science & evidence to one who lurches from impulse to impulse and either eschews science or actively misrepresents it or hides it to justify their decisions. I'd probably have less of a problem with it if they were just honest about it, but they tend to use junk science or quote incredibly flawed stuff the wrong way to back up their decisions. 

I wish they'd just say "We're doing it this way because we feel like it." That would be the honest thing to do. Maybe expecting honesty from politicians is just too much.

Edited by dudeguyy

On 10/29/2017 at 5:49 PM, zoogs said:

Hey! C'mon, man :P

--

I don't think DJT Jr is a Nazi. I do think he's so caught up in defending his father that he's lost the ability to understand what was bad about Nazis.

I don't think that he ever truly grasped what was bad about Nazis in the first place. Jr. is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know this link isn't about Trump. (directly)  But, I thought it was appropriate and interesting.  Something about the rally reminds me of something in todays America.

That sent a shiver down my spine.  Kind of hard to stomach the idea that actually happened on US soil.  Even more disturbing to know that it is still happening today.  

• Plus1 2