Trump's America

zoogs

I only propose Dems as governors because they seem the side advocating for less barriers to voting and against voter suppression at the moment.

Giving more/all Americans an equal and easy means to vote is not gaming the system - it's supporting the cornerstone of our democracy.

• Fire 3

I am a bit surprised that so many folks find it hard to believe a racist/bigoted/misogynist segment of the population now feels emboldened that Trump won. Trump has actively supported/advocated disenfranchising a large portion of our population with a number of his statements. Is it really a stretch that people more racist/bigoted/misogynistic than Trump are acting out more than they were a week ago?

Outside of the increased number of discriminatory events in schools that I have heard about first-hand, what would it take to acknowledge there is a possible correlation?

I know of two people released from employment since the election for discussing what Trump was going to do to immigrants/Muslims/women. One told Muslim coworkers they will be sent back to Afghanistan. The other told a woman about to go on maternity leave how Trump is going to flush her out of the workplace.

At a hospital, a Police Officer was sent home today for preaching Trump's immigration policies to hospital staff (Nurses & Dr's) after being warned to leave them be.

In the next neighborhood over from me, there is an African Dr that lives in a well-off gated community. This morning a sign was in his yard that Trump is sending the N*****s like him back to Africa. The all-white police department refuses to investigate since it appears a resident placed the sign.

These are all idiots acting out but to say this would have happened without Trump is ridiculous.

I know of 2 naturalized citizens that hired attorneys this week to protect their citizenship. These are smart, educated people that are in fear of being deported. For a large portion of our population, they are legitimately in fear for their safety now. Marginalizing their fears as unfounded only emboldens the risk facing them.

Reading this drivel, I'm imagining the voice of the teacher in Charlie Brown.

At least Obama was actually IN office when he got blamed for everything.

The stock markets are up and oil is down. That's a start. Thanks, Donald.

• Fire 1

Trump is not the reason gas is cheap.

The stock market seems to be bullish on him. So I guess that's a start. Of course, right now any effect shift he's causing right now is predictive and essentially useless. It's what the market does after he's in charge that matters.

I'm so unbelievably not sold on deregulation and trickle down for a number of reasons. Not the least of which being the crappy trend line that started last time we tried it. Guess we'll give it a shot this time with a new guy and see how this goes.

us-federal-debt-by-president-political-p

I was being somewhat facetious. But the markets have trended up since the election.

Obama was blamed when gas prices went up. There were memes about it constantly on facebook at the time. He hasn't gotten credit for them going down. Bunch of damn hypocrites.

If the president is solely responsible for all the bad stuff it should go the other way too.

That said, when we're actually talking about something they did/said directly during their campaign, denying the relationship is pulling the wool over your eyes. I know people who have witnessed behaviors they never saw before Trump was elected. People getting shouted at by the capitol building and threatened on UNL's campus because they're Arab. To claim this isn't related to Trump's election is to be foolish. His placing of racist, sexist cabinet members isn't helping.

He doesn't need to be in office to receive blame for these things. They're directly related to his campaign and his election.

• Fire 1

I was being somewhat facetious. But the markets have trended up since the election.

Obama was blamed when gas prices went up. There were memes about it constantly on facebook at the time. He hasn't gotten credit for them going down. Bunch of damn hypocrites.

If the president is solely responsible for all the bad stuff it should go the other way too.

That said, when we're actually talking about something they did/said directly during their campaign, denying the relationship is pulling the wool over your eyes. I know people who have witnessed behaviors they never saw before Trump was elected. People getting shouted at by the capitol building and threatened on UNL's campus because they're Arab. To claim this isn't related to Trump's election is to be foolish. His placing of racist, sexist cabinet members isn't helping.

He doesn't need to be in office to receive blame for these things. They're directly related to his campaign and his election.

And more drivel. Congrats.

Drivel because you don't want to hear it?

• Fire 1

I am a bit surprised that so many folks find it hard to believe a racist/bigoted/misogynist segment of the population now feels emboldened that Trump won. Trump has actively supported/advocated disenfranchising a large portion of our population with a number of his statements. Is it really a stretch that people more racist/bigoted/misogynistic than Trump are acting out more than they were a week ago?

Outside of the increased number of discriminatory events in schools that I have heard about first-hand, what would it take to acknowledge there is a possible correlation?

I know of two people released from employment since the election for discussing what Trump was going to do to immigrants/Muslims/women. One told Muslim coworkers they will be sent back to Afghanistan. The other told a woman about to go on maternity leave how Trump is going to flush her out of the workplace.

At a hospital, a Police Officer was sent home today for preaching Trump's immigration policies to hospital staff (Nurses & Dr's) after being warned to leave them be.

In the next neighborhood over from me, there is an African Dr that lives in a well-off gated community. This morning a sign was in his yard that Trump is sending the N*****s like him back to Africa. The all-white police department refuses to investigate since it appears a resident placed the sign.

These are all idiots acting out but to say this would have happened without Trump is ridiculous.

I know of 2 naturalized citizens that hired attorneys this week to protect their citizenship. These are smart, educated people that are in fear of being deported. For a large portion of our population, they are legitimately in fear for their safety now. Marginalizing their fears as unfounded only emboldens the risk facing them.

Reading this drivel, I'm imagining the voice of the teacher in Charlie Brown.

At least Obama was actually IN office when he got blamed for everything.

The stock markets are up and oil is down. That's a start. Thanks, Donald.

This hasn't stopped Trump from taking credit for things that he had absolutely no help in doing......before he took office.

Meanwhile, the left is playing the fear monger game, filling their childrens' head with nonsense, and using their children as political pawns (forcing the kids to send letters to Trump whining about him needing to be nice) because they can't deal with losing the election.

Truly deplorable, reprehensible beings. Subhuman.

• Fire 1

Because it's not true.

Meanwhile, the left is playing the fear monger game, filling their childrens' head with nonsense, and using their children as political pawns (forcing the kids to send letters to Trump whining about him needing to be nice) because they can't deal with losing the election.

to me you sound like a true nazi talking about the german jews. grats.

• Fire 1

Because it's not true.

Nothing I said was untrue.

You just don't think racism and sexism matter.

• Fire 1

to me you sound like a true nazi talking about the german jews. grats.

So you're OK with scaring kids and using them as political pawns?

Because it's not true.
Nothing I said was untrue.

You just don't think racism and sexism matter.

And the drivel train rolls on.