Trump's America

zoogs

@NM11046

Thank you for the kinds words.

My biggest fear is two-fold: 1) that those who supported/voted for Trump will think he hasn't gone far enough, and 2) a majority of those on the left will be unwilling to fight.

The neo-nazis who are being ushered into power with the election of Trump, they are counting on white liberal cowardice and acquiescence. They are counting on the majority of people who oppose their racism, bigotry, and hatred to try and "talk" to them.

These nazi bigots, they cannot be reasoned with, nor is there any conversation we will ever have where they will suddenly realize they are wrong.

Now is not the time to channel Neville Chamberlain.

Here's the thing, guys. The election is over now. We aren't campaigning for one candidate or another's votes anymore. We don't own any of this stuff that's going on.

But we *can* draw a straight line from what we heard and saw in campaign messages and at rallies, to these things of the exact same tenor. We can look at that, see it for what it is, and push back against it. Together.

I was told and do believe that most Republicans even in the Trump camp, they had their reasons but they absolutely rejected this stuff. I really believe that there's more decency than not in this world.

Here's our chance to come together and show it. This wing, this element of Trumpism -- that's not us, liberal, conservative, libertarian, what-have-you. Yes?

I hope we can, but to get that started the left has to stop branding everyone that disagrees with them as "ists" or is something doesn't go the way they think it should, it isn't because of an "ism" or that group of people are not "phobes."

The part that worries me is that it seems that the Dem's didn't learn as to why they lost, instead of doing some real soul searching, they have gone further left which will lead to them getting their butts handed to them in the 2018 mid term election. They need to push the younger people to lead the party and reelecting Pelosi was the worst thing they could do. She is 76 and way out of touch with the American people as are the Dems as a party. Their only way back is to come back closer to the center and that isn't happening. Forget about Sanders, Warren and Pelosi as leaders as they will put you even further in the toilet by further classifying everyone and blaming losing on everyone but themselves. People don't like whiny sore losers.

Here's a good article about the problems that the Dem's have right now:

I'm a Democrat but Clinton staffer Jennifer Palmieri's twisted logic is exactly why we lost

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/08/im-democrat-but-clinton-staffer-jennifer-palmieris-twisted-logic-is-exactly-why-lost.html

With that being said the Reps haven't learned either, the far right is just as bad as the left and the only reason that they won was because a lifelong Dem ran as an Rep since he knew that the Dems were going to make Hillary their nominee no matter who ran. The country needs the Dems to come back to the center and win some seats in 2018 because if one side (no matter which one) has all the power will pull the country too far in their direction. There needs to be checks and balances and that won't happen if the Dem's are still going to follow the three stooges that I mentioned above.

The part that worries me is that it seems that the Dem's didn't learn as to why they lost, instead of doing some real soul searching, they have gone further left which will lead to them getting their butts handed to them in the 2018 mid term election. They need to push the younger people to lead the party and reelecting Pelosi was the worst thing they could do.

This might be true of the powers that be, but in my experience, as far as regular citizens, I would say I have been surprisingly refreshed by the sober response of my more progressive and liberal friends. It definitely gives me hope.

The part that worries me is that it seems that the Dem's didn't learn as to why they lost, instead of doing some real soul searching, they have gone further left

You have to recognize where you're coming from here. For you, the right answer is for Democrats to move to the right. That would be like suggesting conservatives have to stop being conservative the next time they lose a election.

Moving to the left may be the right answer. Voters did not think in policy terms, on the whole. And as far as I'm concerned, accommodating the reactionary illiberal wave is not.

Similarly, the "problem" with the Republicans is not that they are too conservative. (Establishment guys, *perhaps*). Whatever this is they have going on right now can't be described as conservative. Trump's politics can't totally be described as fringe politics, although he has appeal to fringe groups.

• Fire 4

The part that worries me is that it seems that the Dem's didn't learn as to why they lost, instead of doing some real soul searching, they have gone further left

You have to recognize where you're coming from here. For you, the right answer is for Democrats to move to the right. That would be like suggesting conservatives have to stop being conservative the next time they lose a election.

Moving to the left may be the right answer. Voters did not think in policy terms, on the whole. And as far as I'm concerned, accommodating the reactionary illiberal wave is not.

Similarly, the "problem" with the Republicans is not that they are too conservative. (Establishment guys, *perhaps*). Whatever this is they have going on right now can't be described as conservative. Trump's politics can't totally be described as fringe politics, although he has appeal to fringe groups.

I think talking about this in terms of left vs right does not apply to Trump and what happened in this election. I predicted back in May when it was decided it would be Trump vs Hillary that this was going to come down to an insider vs outsider and those nationalism vs globalism. Despite all of his warts, Trump represented change, and that is what voters wanted in this election. For the Democrats to be successful, they have to come back to finding policies that help average working families, and that seek to help Americans first (not illegal immigrants, Syrian refugees, or others around the world). They have to realize that big-government solutions such as Obamacare and other regulations are hurting many businesses, and when businesses are hurting, it trickles down to individual citizens. They cannot continue to demonize so many groups, including businesses, police officers, and the little guys in flyover country. By re-electing Nancy Pelosi to be their leader in the House, they are simply choosing more of the same, when they had the right guy that would have been a better messenger to address the aforementioned gaps I just referenced in Tim Ryan. I honestly don't think the left understands why they lost this election yet, and if you can't identify the root cause to a problem, you are not going to come up with the right solution to fix it. Maybe by 2018 they will have figured something out.

I honestly don't think the left understands why they lost this election yet, and if you can't identify the root cause to a problem, you are not going to come up with the right solution to fix it. Maybe by 2018 they will have figured something out.

People don't like Hillary Clinton. People don't like Donald Trump either, but they dislike him less since he bills himself as an outsider.

It's not that hard to figure out.

I think talking about this in terms of left vs right does not apply to Trump and what happened in this election. I predicted back in May when it was decided it would be Trump vs Hillary that this was going to come down to an insider vs outsider and those nationalism vs globalism. Despite all of his warts, Trump represented change, and that is what voters wanted in this election. For the Democrats to be successful, they have to come back to finding policies that help average working families, and that seek to help Americans first (not illegal immigrants, Syrian refugees, or others around the world). They have to realize that big-government solutions such as Obamacare and other regulations are hurting many businesses, and when businesses are hurting, it trickles down to individual citizens. They cannot continue to demonize so many groups, including businesses, police officers, and the little guys in flyover country. By re-electing Nancy Pelosi to be their leader in the House, they are simply choosing more of the same, when they had the right guy that would have been a better messenger to address the aforementioned gaps I just referenced in Tim Ryan. I honestly don't think the left understands why they lost this election yet, and if you can't identify the root cause to a problem, you are not going to come up with the right solution to fix it. Maybe by 2018 they will have figured something out.

If it weren't for the Comey letter, someone would be writing a similar post from a completely different perspective on what Republicans need to do differently. Obama's approval ratings and the 2012 election show that the Democrats can be successful with their current approach. Their issue this election was their candidate.

• Fire 4

If it weren't for the Comey letter, someone would be writing a similar post from a completely different perspective on what Republicans need to do differently. Obama's approval ratings and the 2012 election show that the Democrats can be successful with their current approach. Their issue this election was their candidate.

As a conservative, this is what is so dang frustrating in this election.

What has happened here validates in people's minds that the road the Republican's are going down will be the blue print for long term success. When, in reality, the only reason they won was because Hillary was an even worse candidate than their own.

What is absolutely laughable is they are now trying to say Trump won in a land slide. Last night I heard a quote from him claiming it was an epic victory of major proportions. What a joke. The guy barely won against a pathetic candidate. Anyone else on the Republican side would have won by a HUGE margin.

It's sad the road the voters on this side are going down. They will keep consuming crap for media and keep voting for totally incompetent people.

• Fire 1

Trump's national security advisor accused of doing a no-no

A secret U.S. military investigation in 2010 determined that Michael T. Flynn, the retired Army general tapped to serve as national security adviser in the Trump White House, “inappropriately shared” classified information with foreign military officers in Afghanistan, newly released documents show.

Although Flynn lacked authorization to share the classified material, he was not disciplined or reprimanded after the investigation concluded that he did not act “knowingly” and that “there was no actual or potential damage to national security as a result,” according to Army records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

During the presidential race, Flynn campaigned vigorously for Republican nominee Donald Trump and drew attention for his scalding attacks against Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified material.

Clinton was investigated by the FBI for allowing classified information to be transmitted on her private email server when she ran the State Department.

No charges were filed against the former secretary of state, but the issue dogged her for more than a year.
  • Fire 2

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/808769046208532484

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/809071452708360192

One would think, as an artist known for his rants and obscene yet poignant music he would have focused on freedom of speech, or funding for the arts, or perhaps based on his recent newsworthy collapse, mental health funding. How if the ACA goes away how does this administration plan to do with people that aren't wealthy rap stars married to reality tv stars so that they can get their basic psych meds and occasional stays in the unit to get balanced again paid for. To pay for the counseling needed to get meds working well. It's a prime example of a disease that is less costly to treat preventatively than wait until things get bad - cost to the system (and to lives) is far less.